Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Abu Dhabi F1 wont contain spoilers  (Read 8905 times)

annihilator

• Wirral
    • 2 Jags XKR/JR
    • View Profile
Re: Abu Dhabi F1 wont contain spoilers
« Reply #45 on: 13 December 2021, 12:09:51 »

Wonder what Murray Walker would have made of it  :'(

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 13 December 2021, 12:30:28 »

He wouldn't recognise this excuse for F1.
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 13 December 2021, 12:42:39 »

Best thing they could do now would be to declare that there is no Champion this year.
Dont think Lewis would want to be handed the tainted title now.
Anyone remember Whinger Spice commenting that Lewis win at Silverstone was a hollow victory ?  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 13 December 2021, 12:46:37 »

He wouldn't recognise this excuse for F1.
I doubt even he would struggle to find it exciting now :(, though I would concede the finale few laps of yesterdays fiasco was a real spectacle.

I suspect my interest in F1 waned when Walker retired, because the Ch4 commentators are shite, even Sky's Brundle fails to ignite the usual boredom.  Murray Walker's excitement at every single race I found infectious.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 13 December 2021, 12:48:58 »

Anyone remember Whinger Spice commenting that Lewis win at Silverstone was a hollow victory ?  ::)
Bless her cotton socks.

But was Lap 1, T6 incident much different, aside from there was no gravel trap?  In both cases, the outside (and 2nd place at the point) were essentially forced off the track.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 13 December 2021, 18:57:08 »

Watch the Silverstone footage again. Imo Verstappen turned in on Hamilton expecting he would back out of it.
Imo Hamilton had already decided after the previous time he wasnt going to keep backing out when Verstappen tried to force him to, and he paid the price.
Imo Verstappen was in panic mode lap 1 Silverstone. He was all over the place from the start and ended up on the wrong line which was what gave Hamilton an open door to drive through, until it was abruptly closed.
Then watch lap 1 yesterday again. He drove into the corner on a line that left Hamilton 2 options, drive off the track or have an accident with him. He didnt have to do it that way, but its his default setting.
If Hamilton had stamped on the brake pedal to try and fall in behind him, there were 18 cars barrelling into the corner behind him.
Its not sporting and its not motor racing. Its cheating, its dangerous, its bullying and its dirty.
On the last lap yesterday Verstappen drove cleanly and precisely. Why ? Because if he did his usual trick and Hamilton didnt back out there would have been a red flag and the result taken from the last time they crossed the line. Hamilton would have won.
So, when he drives dirty and dangerous he knows exactly what he is doing. He just likes to do it that way to intimidate and bully people - unless there is a very good reason not to, such as the last lap yesterday.
The rules say drivers have to give each other racing room when overtaking (a cars width I believe) Verstappen rarely adheres to that rule.
The rules say drivers must not drive in a fashion likely to cause a crash. Verstappen breaks this rule almost every time another car is close to him.
If everyone keeps indulging his attitude and driving its only a matter of time before he hurts someone.
He needs to be banned for a couple of races to try and teach him a lesson imo.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 14 December 2021, 11:30:54 »

Watch the Silverstone footage again. Imo Verstappen turned in on Hamilton expecting he would back out of it.
At 185mph, and at that point in Copse, his choices were:
a) turn in
b) uncontrollably enter the gravel, which wouldn't end well

As it happened, a) ended in b) anyway.

I do believe in that case, it was a reckless move by Hamilton,  as do the stewards (not that they can be believed).  In the same way, wee Hornblower whinging about Hamilton having all 4 wheels off the track at T6 when his driver left him with no other option, is incorrect.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 14 December 2021, 11:56:02 »

Or C - concede the place, slow down and carry on racing to try and regain the lead. He had plenty of space to do that, but he cannot accept anyone having the right to be in front of him under any circumstances.
Its probably due to how his Father treated him when he was go kart racing as a kid. If he lost a race he was in trouble.
Just as the old guy who tried to argue with his father at a Go Kart race was in trouble when he fractured his skull.
As his wife was in trouble when she argued back and got arrested for assaulting her.
As his girlfriend was in trouble when he ran over her with his car and got arrested for attempted murder.
Verstappen senior is a very nasty piece of work indeed. All we know for sure is that Max said that when he lost a go kart race once, his Dad wouldnt speak to him for two weeks.
And after the Silverstone incident, Max said " If I did that my Dad would give me a good hiding".
I suspect not speaking to him for two weeks wasnt all that went on, but we dont know.
I do strongly suspect though that the way his Dad raised him has given him serious character flaws that are a danger to those who share a track with him.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 14 December 2021, 12:11:30 »

Back to Sunday. During the 2020 Eiffel GP Masi had the safety car out on track for a long time.
Hamilton and Verstappen complained about it after the race. Masi said "The sporting regulations state that all lapped cars have to be allowed to unlap themselves by overtaking the safety car, before we can end the safety car period.
Hung by his own petard.  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 14 December 2021, 12:12:50 »

Or C - concede the place, slow down and carry on racing to try and regain the lead. He had plenty of space to do that, but he cannot accept anyone having the right to be in front of him under any circumstances.
At that point it was too late to concede. And it was a late lunge by Hamilton.

Braking at that point in Copse is a big accident*.  I've never driven an F1 car (though my bro has, lucky bastard), but I imagine even major lifting at that point at that speed will upset the car.

I ain't a Max fan. In fact, I probably have more loyalty to Hamilton/Merc, though purely because they are the local town team.  So I ain't blinded by the sun coming out of either of their arses.  I do think that incident does show Hamilton can show weakness under pressure.

*Completely unrelated, I once put an XR4i PoS in that gravel trap, whilst being chased by security ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 14 December 2021, 12:14:30 »

Back to Sunday. During the 2020 Eiffel GP Masi had the safety car out on track for a long time.
Hamilton and Verstappen complained about it after the race. Masi said "The sporting regulations state that all lapped cars have to be allowed to unlap themselves by overtaking the safety car, before we can end the safety car period.
Yeah, Masi does seem to make the rules up as he goes along.  If that's allowed by the rulebook, so be it.  If its not, then Merc will crucify them in court.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 14 December 2021, 12:40:00 »

I dont think Merc are going to persue it further, but time will tell. I do think it will hasten Toto and Hamiltons retirement though.
It has left a very bad taste with a lot of people, and its difficult to call it a sport in any real sense after sunday.
According to the FIA F1 teams are forbidden from going to external courts or arbiters.
The FIA have final judgement in all matters.  :o

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 14 December 2021, 13:08:06 »

Agreed.

If it goes to appeal, I forecast a secret cash settlement out of court to compensate all the Mercedes employees robbed of bonus. There will be platitudes. Changes to the FIA structure, a clarification of the rules BUT the result will stand. Media by the way report that Lewis asked Mercedes not to appeal. No doubt to disbelieve that. If the shoe had been on the other foot, no way would Max have gone to Red Bull and ask them to drop it. That epitomises the gulf between the two.

This culmination of the season may well hasten both Toto and Lewis’s departure. That would be a sad loss.

The good news is that the Fanboyz will get what they want . Demolition Derby racing.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 14 December 2021, 18:29:44 »

Demolition Derby racing.
I used to enjoy watching that at Standlake on a Sunday morning, in my old water skiing days.  So bring it on ;D
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 14 December 2021, 18:48:10 »

Only if you change your handle to The Boyfanz  ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.