Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Munich Moment  (Read 582 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Munich Moment
« on: 13 February 2022, 12:14:52 »

Well, Ben Wallace has stated what I and many have been thinking for the last few weeks:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ukraine-crisis-whiff-of-munich-warning-from-ben-wallace-b7mjflxln

I know how some on here love me for mentioning Hitler! ;D

The seriousness of the current situation cannot be underestimated though and the parallels with 1938 are all too obvious. :(

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Munich Moment
« Reply #1 on: 13 February 2022, 12:50:27 »

Peace in our time. Will Ukraine be thrown under the bus? Wonder how Rods2 is faring, as i seem to remember his wife is Ukrainian.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 February 2022, 13:06:56 »

Looks like Austria with its vaccine mandates thinks totalitarianism may be the future. :-\

Both Fritzl and Hitler are Austrian born so I shouldn't be surprised really. :-\

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 February 2022, 13:14:00 »

Looks like Austria with its vaccine mandates thinks totalitarianism may be the future. :-\

Both Fritzl and Hitler are Austrian born so I shouldn't be surprised really. :-\
Well done for getting vaccine mandates in  ;D ;D ;D
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 February 2022, 13:20:31 »

Well done for getting vaccine mandates in  ;D ;D ;D

....and mention of Hitler. :)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 February 2022, 13:38:51 »

Not very diplomatic but that is the age we live in. Everyone has an opinion and it is out there.

Biden had a one hour conversation with Putin on the phone. After pleasantries, you would wonder what they talked about for 58 minutes.

A while back, I thought today was the day it would kick off. Maybe China aren’t ready to take Taiwan at the same time.

I see some airlines are not flying in Ukraine airspace. Would any planes in any European airspace be safe with the tech now available? Make sure your car is topped up . All that pasta from Covid stock up will be useful.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 February 2022, 13:44:08 »

Not very diplomatic but that is the age we live in. Everyone has an opinion and it is out there.

Biden had a one hour conversation with Putin on the phone. After pleasantries, you would wonder what they talked about for 58 minutes.

A while back, I thought today was the day it would kick off. Maybe China aren’t ready to take Taiwan at the same time.

I see some airlines are not flying in Ukraine airspace. Would any planes in any European airspace be safe with the tech now available? Make sure your car is topped up . All that pasta from Covid stock up will be useful.

The west is vey weak at the moment so now may be a good time for Vlad to chance his arm.

Biden has the intellectual capacity of a cabbage which should worry us all. ::)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 February 2022, 14:01:51 »

Probably want to get the never  ending winter Olympics out of the way first. ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 February 2022, 15:33:26 »

The west is vey weak at the moment so now may be a good time for Vlad to chance his arm.

Biden has the intellectual capacity of a cabbage which should worry us all. ::)

............and that is one of the parallels with 1938, when Hitler gambled on his belief in that fact and went for Poland in 1939, so Putin could be about to gamble with the thought that the NATO powers will not see things through if he invades Ukraine.  :(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 February 2022, 16:41:46 »

Very good thread here on Twitter by Tom Tugendhat, Tory MP and the Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Select Committee.  :y

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1492830556358328321.html

His colleague Tobias Ellwood, Tory MP and Chairman of the Defence Select Committee is more hawkish and has written in the Telegraph saying NATO should have put a division into Ukraine months ago as a deterrent, on the basis that if Putin invades Ukraine and gets away with it then the Baltic states might be next.  :-\  He makes a good point as well to people who say that Ukraine is not in NATO so nothing to do with us, well that didn't stop NATO involvement in the Balkans, nor Afghanistan.

« Last Edit: 13 February 2022, 16:51:34 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 February 2022, 16:59:37 »

Very good thread here on Twitter by Tom Tugendhat the Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Select Committee. :y

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1492830556358328321.html

His colleague Tobias Ellwood, Tory MP and Chairman of the Defence Select Committee is more hawkish and has written in the Telegraph saying NATO should have put a division into Ukraine months ago as a deterrent, on the basis that if Putin invades Ukraine and gets away with it then the Baltic states might be next.  :-\  He makes a good point as well to people who say that Ukraine is not in NATO so nothing to do with us, well that didn't stop NATO involvement in the Balkans, nor Afghanistan.

Yes, that about sums it all up. :y :y

The problem for the West is the President of the USA President is visibly weak and a bit of a joke, nothing like F.D. Roosevelt, and, as in 1939, the UK has a Prime Minister worse than the naive Chamberlain, who wants to bluster like a buffoon his way through, with no hope of a Churchill type touching down, although he tries to act like a Churchill, but by God, has nothing like having that great man's strength and ability.  Putin has calculated all that in his gamble to make himself look strong and powerful. >:( >:(

Heaven help us in what is to come! :o :o :o
« Last Edit: 13 February 2022, 17:01:57 by Lizzie Zoom »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 February 2022, 17:06:28 »

Of course it's possible that Mad Vlad might be telling truth and he has no intention of invading Ukraine, he's just using the military build up as leverage and enjoying the spectacle of Western politicians running around like headless chickens, while he has a good laugh at them.  :)

This post might not age well though....  :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 February 2022, 17:11:29 »

Of course it's possible that Mad Vlad might be telling truth and he has no intention of invading Ukraine, he's just using the military build up as leverage and enjoying the spectacle of Western politicians running around like headless chickens, while he has a good laugh at them.  :)

I can confirm that Russian troops are now in Ukraine..... :-\ :-\ :-\

Nah.....just kidding. :D ;) .....for now.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 February 2022, 17:47:34 »

I can confirm that Russian troops are now in Ukraine..... :-\ :-\ :-\

Nah.....just kidding. :D ;) .....for now.

I expect there are some special forces types dotted about Ukraine deep under cover!  ???
« Last Edit: 13 February 2022, 17:49:10 by Sir Tigger QC »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.