Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The NHS discussion has started  (Read 1456 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
The NHS discussion has started
« on: 21 November 2022, 07:09:41 »

In Scotland, not England, and in a hushed-up, secretive sort of way, but they have started. Of course, it will be categorically denied that these kind of measures will ever be implemented, but the fact that they have even been mentioned shows just how bad things are becoming. In my opinion, it's time for a change, something's got to give and it's good that people are realising this.

NHS chiefs in Scotland discuss having wealthy pay for treatment https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-63659754
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: The NHS discussion has started
« Reply #1 on: 21 November 2022, 13:19:50 »

Wealthy people in Scotland paying for their treatment wont scratch the surface of the problem.
To any objective thinking person, the NHS has been an impossibly expensive experiment that failed miserably.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 November 2022, 13:36:17 »

My guess is most properly wealthy people go private anyway.

Could be the thin end of the wedge though. People on a moderate income could be next.

Either way the NHS is past it's sell by date and we need a new up to date system that works.  The government could throw ten times the amount of money it currently does at the NHS and it would still be hopelessly outdated.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 November 2022, 13:56:40 »

Wealthy people in Scotland paying for their treatment wont scratch the surface of the problem.
To any objective thinking person, the NHS has been an impossibly expensive experiment that failed miserably.
That was only the headline, much more being mooted.
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 November 2022, 17:09:13 »

Wee Jimmy Krankie is running out of other peoples money to spend (which will obviously be the Tories fault) and looks like she and whoever runs NHS Scotland is getting desperate.
And Opti is right.If they gave all the money in the world to the NHS, by next winter the usual suspects would be screaming that it needs more.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 November 2022, 19:37:55 »

charge everyone £10 per visit
and non residents full price.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 November 2022, 19:53:21 »

May not help all that much but that’s an excellent idea. Could make the usual time wasters think twice too then👍
Laying a rubber road.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 November 2022, 21:20:24 »

Hopefully that proposal is per visit, not per day.  :o  Would have cost me a fortune for the best part of three months that I’ve just spent in hospital having my heart rebuilt from spare parts, after a blood infection tried to finish me off.
My evaluation of the NHS ……..
I couldn’t get past the gorilla’s on reception to get an appointment with my GP so they failed me miserably, so a massive fail for them. Several arranged Call Back’s from my GP didn’t happen, so a massive fail for him. I eventually collapsed and was rushed in to hospital. I spent thirty hours in A&E Triage sat in a chair, so although I did initially count it as a fail, they did at least put me on an antibiotics drip, which in turn possibly saved my life, so an eventual pass for them. I was then moved to another hospital with a cardio ward and underwent four blood transfusions before being moved to Harefield Hospital, where the operations took place. I have nothing but praise for Harefield Hospital, they were superb, and my treatment was second to none by all of the staff, from the Heart Surgeon right down to nursing staff, so a massive Pass for them. I owe whatever is left of my life to them.

My conclusion …… Getting to see our GP is nigh on impossible, as is getting past A&E, but once you are actually in hospital as a patient you see a different side to the system. The system served me well in the end and I’ll be eternally grateful for what they did for me.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 November 2022, 21:35:41 »

Hopefully that proposal is per visit, not per day.  :o  Would have cost me a fortune for the best part of three months that I’ve just spent in hospital having my heart rebuilt from spare parts, after a blood infection tried to finish me off.
I couldn’t get past the gorilla’s on reception to get an appointment with my GP so they failed me miserably, so a massive fail for them. Several arranged Call Back’s from my GP didn’t happen, so a massive fail for him. I eventually collapsed and was rushed in to hospital. I spent thirty hours in A&E Triage sat in a chair, so although I did initially count it as a fail, they did at least put me on an antibiotics drip, which in turn possibly saved my life, so an eventual pass for them. I was then moved to another hospital with a cardio ward and underwent four blood transfusions before being moved to Harefield Hospital, where the operations took place. I have nothing but praise for Harefield Hospital, they were superb, and my treatment was second to none by all of the staff, from the Heart Surgeon right down to nursing staff, so a massive Pass for them. I owe whatever is left of my life to them.

My conclusion …… Getting to see our GP is nigh on impossible, as is getting past A&E, but once you are actually in hospital as a patient you see a different side to the system. The system served me well in the end and I’ll be eternally grateful for what they did for me.  :y
Jesus! Lucky to be here by the sound of things. It must be quite scary for people who have had a heart attack and are at risk of another, or people at risk of a stroke, knowing that if you take ill there's very little chance you'll get the help you need quickly.
Very pleased you're ok  :)
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 November 2022, 21:41:43 »

The receptionists at my gp's will give you an appointment, provided you win the eight o'clock phone call lottery. If you don't get through by five past, all the appointments are gone.
I kept pressing call back on my phone last time and got through on the 48th attempt. Winner, winner, chicken dinner  ;D
Diesel till I die

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 November 2022, 21:56:33 »

The receptionists at my gp's will give you an appointment, provided you win the eight o'clock phone call lottery. If you don't get through by five past, all the appointments are gone.
I kept pressing call back on my phone last time and got through on the 48th attempt. Winner, winner, chicken dinner  ;D

The irony is, I have to have a blood test every week now and I now know that they keep back emergency appointments for such things. I’ll never know if I could have been saved all of this hassle if they’d have just seen me for a face to face appointment.  :-\
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 November 2022, 23:15:23 »

That in a nutshell is the experience of numerous family and friends in the uk.

I have to say my elderly dads gp practice is very good. I went to see him recently when he had a chestinfection and then Covid. I was shocked at the step change and wrote a letter outlining the cncern and maybe they ought to put him back on beta blockers. Dropped that off on Sunday night. Monday got phone call. Could doctor call round on Tuesday after surgery. He agreed with me over beta blockers. Also prescribed 2 weeks Fortisips and got a blood trst done to check for thyroid function. My 96 yr old dad is back to normal walking two x 2 km a day etc.
« Last Edit: 21 November 2022, 23:22:34 by Varche »
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 November 2022, 00:38:44 »

My local GP "service". Non existent as far as I can tell. I believe  the Doctors are still working from home and have a chat over the phone with a small number of patients each day.
Nearest hospital. Fickin appalling. Nothing good to say, apart from a small number of staff run themselves ragged trying to cover for all the shirkers. At least it isnt making the national news at the moment, so maybe it has improved a bit in the last couple of years.
Second nearest hospital. On the rare occasions you can get an appointment, the care and treatment isnt as bad as the first one, but as a Consultant there told us before Covid hit - "the appointment system is broken. It just doesnt work.
Hence a treatment plan which requires an appointment of some kind every three months, works out in reality as no appointment of any kind for 18 months.
It just doesnt work. Needs starting again from scratch, with A&E as a priority (which doesnt include drunks and people with a cracked toenail) and other care moving towards much more private type of system.
Whatever it ends up as, the staff need to be made to work in a culture where they know the patients are a much more important priority than whatever they think their priority is on a given day.
If you think Im being harsh, you dont live near Colchester.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 November 2022, 02:18:03 »

It will all be fine!  :)

Jeremy Hunt has appointed Patricia Hewett to advise the government on efficiency in the NHS.  :y 

Who?  ???  Patricia Hewett was Tony Blair's Health Secretary and she renegotiated the GP's contracts so they got a huge pay rise and she removed the obligation to provide a 24/7 service. So people could no longer get a home visit from their local GP for little Johnnies runny nose and so they ended up in A&E instead!  ::)

So what can possibly go wrong?  :D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 November 2022, 08:19:42 »

:o :o :o Bloody Hell Allan!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.