Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: F/S 1999 "S", 3.0 Elite Saloon Auto LPG Converted.  (Read 4763 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
F/S 1999 "S", 3.0 Elite Saloon Auto LPG Converted.
« on: 08 May 2011, 14:11:12 »

Right, just testing the water here more than saying it's definitely for sale, but if someone wants it I will let it go :y

My 1999 registered Omega Elite Saloon in Polar Sea Blue may well be surplus to requirements now and will have to go! It was registered in March 1999 and has had 5 owners (off the top of my head!) during it's lifetime. I have owned it for the last 3 and a bit years and can honestly say it has been a superb car. It has covered a little over 174000 miles at the moment (went round 174k this morning) but is still in use so will probably be nearer 175k when it leaves me!

It was MOT'd towards the end of February which it passed with no advisories after having the Track Rod Ends (outer) and Handbrake cables replaced. The Cambelt was changed by myself (for the 2nd time in my ownership) at 157k last Easter, along with new plugs. The waterpump was changed at the previous cambelt change which was done at 117500 20 months previously. It has had new discs and pads fitted to the front axle in September of last year. It had new wishbones fitted in July 2010, followed immediately by a visit to WIM for a full setup. The general servicing has been done by myself (mostly), with an oil and filter change every 5000 miles since I purchased it in march 2008 at 114k.

Being an Elite it has all the usual refinements which I won't go into in full but the Climate was regassed within the last couple of years and blows nice and cold :y
It is fitted with the CCRT700 Stereo, Bose configured, with working 6 Disc CD Changer in the boot. This stereo has the added benefit of also having a built in telephone which will accept any 900GSM network sim card (O2 and Vodaphone being the main 2) giving the facility for hands free calling. I'll have a hunt around and see if I've got a spare PAYG SIM for the buyer if required.
The interior is in Light Grey Leather and in fairly good condition, with the passenger seat heater being the only one of the 4 not working.
The Trafficmaster system is currently working but I think the subscription runs out either this month or next.
It also has the CARIN Navigation system fitted and I will leave the disc in the CD unit, a Genuine disk from 2007.
Electric Rear Blind, Fully operational.
It also has a towbar fitted with twin electrics.
Finally for the spec list, it is fitted with a STAG 300, fully sequential LPG system with a 90L cylinder tank in the boot. I filled this up this morning and it took about £45 worth of gas having covered just over 300 miles (a run to Heathrow and back, plus some running around) since the last fill. Basically it saves you a touch under 10p per mile on fuel costs when running on LPG. There's also about 20L of petrol showing on the gauge, which would probably see you through to the end of the summer! I fitted this system myself at around 120,000 miles (at a cost of around £700) and apart from a fuse breaking and general servicing the LPG has run faultlessly (excluding the Lag issue I will describe below) :y I'll also include a new LPG vapour filter if I can find it!
The engine is fitted with a subtle chip, which gives a nice little gain in top end power without detriment to the fuel consumption.

I'm willing to plug the laptop into the LPG system to show you the workings but will be keeping the Data lead for other LPG vehicles I look at. The Lag issue I mentioned is at gearchange between 5200 and about 6300RPM at full throttle. This can easily be avoided by a slight lift when changing gear or I can set the system to automatically switch to petrol above 5200 RPM if the buyer wishes.

The 16" Elite wheels are in good condition with only a couple of slight marks, but no curb damage, and fitted with a set of 4 Accellera Alpha Tyres, all of which are legal and have between 4 and 6mm tread left.

The Bad Bits

There are rust bubbles on the tops of all 4 doors (as normal!) and the N/S Rear Wheel Arch. Also a couple of small patches starting to show on the doors. There are a fair number of stone chips, to be expected with a car that has covered this mileage, and the underside of the front bumper is scratched.
The Climate panel needs a couple of new bulbs fitting, but this does not affect the operation of it.
The wishbones were cheap ones from ebay so I can give no guarantee how long they will last.
The Passenger Seat Heater doesn't work.
The Cam Cover Gaskets are just starting to weep, although the oil level doesn't drop at all between services.
The Lacquer has started to peel on the top of the rear spoiler.
The washer bottle has started leaking, I think from the headlamp washer grommet.

To Sum Up

This is an opportunity to pick up a LPG converted Omega Elite with only a couple of minor faults for not a lot more than the cost of a LPG kit.
The car has just been taxed for 6 months which I am willing to leave on the vehicle for the full asking price, otherwise I will send it back in for a refund.
MOT Expires February 2012.
I'm looking for £800ono as the vehicle stands :y

« Last Edit: 08 May 2011, 19:27:29 by Lazydocker »
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
Re: F/S 1999 "S", 3.0 Elite Saloon Auto LPG Converted.
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2011, 14:13:59 »

The pictures here are not recent, I will get some ASAP and post them up.

IMGP0215 by lazydocker, on Flickr

IMGP0224 by lazydocker, on Flickr

IMGP0226 by lazydocker, on Flickr

IMGP0270_edited by lazydocker, on Flickr

IMGP0269_edited by lazydocker, on Flickr

IMGP0271_edited by lazydocker, on Flickr

IMGP0268_edited by lazydocker, on Flickr

IMGP0269_edited by lazydocker, on Flickr

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 May 2011, 09:04:58 »

Hi lazydocker just reading your ad(would have him off you if it was an estate..there is sooo much rubbish out there at the mo)...are you sure with that price??...got to be worth more than that??? :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 May 2011, 09:41:10 »

Hi lazydocker just reading your ad(would have him off you if it was an estate..there is sooo much rubbish out there at the mo)...are you sure with that price??...got to be worth more than that??? :y

Yep, I'm sure :y At the end of the day, no matter how well it runs it's still got a fair few miles under it's belt and is priced to reflect that. If I get enough to fund a chunk of the bits planned for it's replacement I'm happy :y

Thanks for the nice comments.

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2011, 09:47:14 »

its served you well though paul.  :y

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 May 2011, 09:52:58 »

its served you well though paul.  :y

Indeed it has... Like I said, it's been superbly reliable and didn't miss a beat on the trip to Italy last September :y

duggs

• Omega Knight
  • Felixstowe
    • BMW 3.0 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 May 2011, 12:52:48 »

And the proposed replacement you  be ??????

albitz

« Reply #7 on: 09 May 2011, 16:00:30 »

I wanted to buy this car a year or so ago, but LD wasnt yet ready to sell it, so I bought another car in the end.
I have seen the car several times, and I think its well worth the asking price, due mainly to the fact that it has been maintained to the highest standards (which imo means the figures on the odometer are almost meaningless) and the LPG install has been widely reported to be a superb job.
Spend a few quid and a bit of time sourcing some rust free doors and the car would be a real beauty. ;)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 May 2011, 22:17:52 »

That's a secret the second worst kept secret on the forum! :-X :-X ::) ::)

Anyone who has paid attention to my posts over the last 2.5 years will know ;) ;) :y :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 May 2011, 22:18:46 »

I wanted to buy this car a year or so ago, but LD wasnt yet ready to sell it, so I bought another car in the end.
I have seen the car several times, and I think its well worth the asking price, due mainly to the fact that it has been maintained to the highest standards (which imo means the figures on the odometer are almost meaningless) and the LPG install has been widely reported to be a superb job.
Spend a few quid and a bit of time sourcing some rust free doors and the car would be a real beauty. ;)

Thanks Albs... The cheque's in the post :D :D

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 May 2011, 22:54:22 »

That's a secret the second worst kept secret on the forum! :-X :-X ::) ::)

Anyone who has paid attention to my posts over the last 2.5 years will know ;) ;) :y :y
a rover then..... ::)

yeh we know, a 3.2 ;)

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

2woody

• Omega Baron
  • Northumberland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 May 2011, 16:38:50 »

what, a 3.2 Rover ?

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 May 2011, 17:54:46 »

Here are some more pictures, taken today. They show all the blemishes I could see :y

N/S/R Wheel Arch

Untitled by lazydocker, on Flickr
N/S/R Door

N/S/F Door. Rust Bubbles are filled with wax from a "Chip Stick"

Picture of N/S/F Corner

O/S/F Bumper Corner

Sunroof Surround Blemishes

O/S/F Corner

O/S/F Door (Right by Mirror)

O/S/F Door

O/S/F Door

O/S/R Door

Passenger Seat (you can see why the heater doesn't work!)

Dashboard

Centre Console (some of the soft touch Buttons are lightly marked)

Front Seats

Rear Seats

For confirmation, the Log Book shows 5 previous keepers and the MOT expires on 18th February 2012.

I'm not declaring any written history apart from some old MOT's because I don't know if I can find what I got when I bought the car, but I can assure you this has been well maintained.

In addition to what I have mentioned above it also has Rear Parking Sensors.
I fitted a new Vx Battery about 18 months ago and replaced the Battery Clamps during the winter of this year.
The handbrake shoes were also replaced towards the end of last year.
It had a full ATF and filter change at 148k.
It has a set of aftermarket parking sensors fitted.

I can't think of anything else to add to this listing, other than if it doesn't sell I'll probably break it as it's worth more than £800 in parts :y
« Last Edit: 12 May 2011, 15:36:28 by Lazydocker »

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 May 2011, 19:37:36 »

I've seen this vehicle, and the appraisal is probably a little over criticial of it...I'm not a fan of the prefacelifts, but I think this is a very good example. And, for the price you're effectively buying a LPG kit and getting a free car.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 May 2011, 20:17:17 »

I've seen this vehicle, and the appraisal is probably a little over criticial of it...I'm not a fan of the prefacelifts, but I think this is a very good example. And, for the price you're effectively buying a LPG kit and getting a free car.

Mini-facelift ::) ;)

Thanks Josh :y :y At the end of the day I want to be sure my description is 100% accurate (and possibly too critical as you say :-[) so anyone who comes along will not be disappointed ;) ;) It is, as you say, like buying a LPG kit and a service kit and getting a whole car, but I stand by the price of £800 with the tax that's on it... I know I could get at least half that again if I broke it, cashed in the tax and sold the shell as scrap but it's too good to let it go that way :y

I must admit, I've wanted a facelift for over 2 years and am happy with what it's been replaced with, but jumping back into it today to get it cleaned made me remember how much I like it... I'm almost tempted to keep it as a spare car ::) ::)

(But I'll deny having said any of that last paragraph if TB tries to gain support for the Rusty Silver Bullet) :-X ::) :D
« Last Edit: 11 May 2011, 20:18:40 by Lazydocker »
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.