Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Chaps

(1/5) > >>

Lawman:
Hello!

By the look of the screen-names on here, some of you should recognise me (or not! ;D)

Got a Corsa at the moment, but hope to own an Omega someday, so I thought this is the ideal place for me to pick up on all things "Omega"

Yes, it's a Corsa, but I'm no hooligan, It's a 5 door GLS, has quite a good spec for what it is. X-reg Corsa "B" 1.2 16v and will do till I get a bigger car, bearing in mind I'm only 18.

Cheers

Chris

summat:
I can only guess at the response from an Insurance co. for an 18 year old trying to get group 16/17 insurance  :o

Why is the Omega such a high group car?, only reason I can see is risk of theft, but what carpet-slippered wearing scrote would nick an Omega?

Admin:
Actually I know someone who is 19 and has a 2.5 CDX.  £850 is not as scary as I thought it would be for him.  :)

lawman (I remember you), welcome to the site. Omega owner or you not, you are equally welcome mate.  :D

The Corsa, its image aside, is a good small car and a wise choice. When time comes to sell, you will have no problems, especially at that spec level. Just avoid tacky add ons! ;)

And if you have any problems, let us know and we will try to help. :)

Markie:
welcome indeed lawman,am i waaaaaay of the mark or are ou Scotland based mate?

tunnie:

--- Quote ---Actually I know someone who is 19 and has a 2.5 CDX.  £850 is not as scary as I thought it would be for him.  :)

lawman (I remember you), welcome to the site. Omega owner or you not, you are equally welcome mate.  :D

The Corsa, its image aside, is a good small car and a wise choice. When time comes to sell, you will have no problems, especially at that spec level. Just avoid tacky add ons! ;)

And if you have any problems, let us know and we will try to help. :)
--- End quote ---

I am 22, got the Omega at 21. Facelift 2.2 CD - £450 Fully Comp 4 Years NCB (Its about £500 with the legal protection)

I find the Omega is fantastic, extremely smooth and refined. Yet quick (ish) when i want it to be.

From what I learnt on here, 2.0 / 2.2's are good, not lightning fast but no slouch either. They are also easier to maintain.

Get a V6 if you want pace, mpg is lower but only slightly. - A V6 would be steep on the insurance, maybe get a 2.0 for a while to get some NCB's  and then go for a V6.

Just finishing off upgrading the ICE in mine, adding a new Headunit & Active sub. I am no hooligan either just wanted a little more bass in the cabin and mp3 playback

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version