Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Visa - Amazon

(1/30) > >>

Mr Skrunts:
We’re writing to notify you of an upcoming change to Amazon.co.uk.

Starting 19 Jan, 2022, we will unfortunately no longer accept any Visa credit cards issued in the UK, due to the high fees Visa charges for processing credit card transactions. You can still use debit cards (including Visa debit cards) and non-Visa credit cards like Mastercard, Amex, and Eurocard to make purchases. We’ll give you £20 off your next purchase the first time you set any debit or non-Visa credit card as default, subject to the terms and conditions at the end of this email.

This is going to save me a fortune as I will only use my Credit Card to buy goods online. 8) :y

STEMO:
Just changed mine to a mastercard debit card....no biggie.

Doctor Gollum:
I would tell them to stick it. I will use payment methods of my choosing rather than be dictated to by an obnoxious, self important drop shipper.

Eventually, they will whittle it down to only accepting Amazon cards/bank accounts. By which time you will finally realise that they own you. (they already do, but that's currently still free choice).

Your vaccination status and credit score will be the next thing used against you by these companies.

Andy B:
I rarely use Amazon .... the fact that you are always steered towards signing up to Prime p***es me off.

Rangie:
I think SWMBO uses Amazon but it would be on a.debit card  if she did , so makes no odds to me .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version