Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Removing a headlamp in a Face lift Omega

(1/2) > >>

kfashley:
This is close to the last post but a simpler query. I have removed headlamps in pre facelift cars without problem. My 2003 2.6 has just failed the MOT as the offside headlamp was too low and the adjusters would not lift it. There is nothing loose! However I expect it will be the standard problem.
I removed the plastic strip below the head lamp in one piece and a self tapping screw and 8mm bolt above the headlamp. The head lamp is now loose with nothing apparently holding it but I cannot pry it out. There is no sign of the deeply recessed bolt below the headlamp that I was used to on prefacelifts. Have I missed some thing? It looks as if I need to remove the front wing but I am sure that is not necessary. I would be grateful for any advice.

Doctor Gollum:
Yup, the lower bolt ::) Just about accessible from the front with the trim off using a 1/4" extension and an 8mm socket.

Also reachable from underneath with care.  :y

kfashley:
Thanks.
I will have another try to find it tomorrow

DrAndyB:
Yes, bolt at bottom as well as mentioned  :y

I found on my dads Facelift a combination of torch, hand under bumper and slim socket and extension bar did the trick and watch out if drop bolt on floor as I had one disappear on inside of bumper but was eventually found :)

kfashley:
Thanks Dr AndyB. The extension bar definitely needs to be slim as there is very little space.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version