Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh Boris, oh Boris.Third Strike  (Read 6312 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Oh Boris, oh Boris.Third Strike
« Reply #15 on: 11 January 2022, 19:11:34 »

People with this info will release it at a time most beneficial to them...   ...which is rarely a good time for those accused.  Thats always happened.  And is normally best to ignore...

...but there has been a non stop series of similar stories, each time Boris has either outright denied or refused to answer.  He's now a lame duck, trying to appease his backbenchers who control how long he can survive.

The tories have done their dozen or so years in power, after which time they self implode.

I think before long the knives will come out for Boris and they will install a new leader to steady the ship, before going on to win the next election.

Everybody seems to think a leadership contest will be between Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak, but I wouldn't mind betting someone else no ones thought of will come in from the left field to steal the crown.  :)
I'm getting a feeling that people are thinking the Tories have gone back to the early 90s sleaze days.  So I wouldn't bet on them winning a GE.

My next vote will likely be tactical to remove that useless piece of self centred nothingness, Ms Leadsom, who seems more in tune with London needs than that of her constituents.  Tactical, because this area is stauch Blue.

I would!  :y

Labour are nowhere near winning an election and I'd compare them to Kinnocks era where they are desperately trying to shake off the loony lefties. Their Blair type figure who will firmly take Labour back into the centre ground hasn't emerged yet.

Sir Starmer's recent patriotic act was very unconvincing and I think any decent Tory campaign manager will attack Labour for being soft with the EU and will accuse them of wanting to unravel Brexit and do deals with the SNP, which unless they can convincingly win middle England they will have to do to get the keys to No 10.

Bunter has also pissed off the 'red wall' of ex Labour voters.

There is a couple of years before the next election so Boris (or a new leader)may have time to sort things out.

Proper clown though. :-X

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 January 2022, 19:34:31 »

People with this info will release it at a time most beneficial to them...   ...which is rarely a good time for those accused.  Thats always happened.  And is normally best to ignore...

...but there has been a non stop series of similar stories, each time Boris has either outright denied or refused to answer.  He's now a lame duck, trying to appease his backbenchers who control how long he can survive.

The tories have done their dozen or so years in power, after which time they self implode.

I think before long the knives will come out for Boris and they will install a new leader to steady the ship, before going on to win the next election.

Everybody seems to think a leadership contest will be between Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak, but I wouldn't mind betting someone else no ones thought of will come in from the left field to steal the crown.  :)
I'm getting a feeling that people are thinking the Tories have gone back to the early 90s sleaze days.  So I wouldn't bet on them winning a GE.

My next vote will likely be tactical to remove that useless piece of self centred nothingness, Ms Leadsom, who seems more in tune with London needs than that of her constituents.  Tactical, because this area is stauch Blue.

Labour are nowhere near winning an election and I'd compare them to Kinnocks era where they are desperately trying to shake off the loony lefties. Their Blair type figure who will firmly take Labour back into the centre ground hasn't emerged yet.

Sir Starmer's recent patriotic act was very unconvincing and I think any decent Tory campaign manager will attack Labour for being soft with the EU and will accuse them of wanting to unravel Brexit and do deals with the SNP, which unless they can convincingly win middle England they will have to do to get the keys to No 10.

There is a couple of years before the next election so Boris (or a new leader)may have time to sort things out.

Proper clown though. :-X ;)

I said as much in my post #9 :D ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 January 2022, 19:35:54 »

Proper clown though. :-X

Enough for them to go back to a Labour party that would be seen as soft with the EU or might have to do a deal with the SNP to form a government?  :-\

Also we shouldn't discount the fact that as Boris Johnson's Tories have shifted to the left with their big state, tax rises and expensive green policies, they have left a vacuum to the right that could be exploited by a party like Reform, like UKIP did a decade ago.

I think any party that challenges the lunacy of the uncosted Net Zero policy that nobody voted for, for example, could gain some traction.  They might not win an election or even any seats, but could influence the Tories if they saw support ebbing to the right as happened with Farage's UKIP.  ::)
« Last Edit: 11 January 2022, 19:42:43 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 January 2022, 19:50:45 »

The US mid terms will have an effect on the next Presidency, and therefore the global stage, so could affect how things pan out here... Once all the TCV bullshyte is finally behind us.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 January 2022, 19:57:15 »

The US mid terms will have an effect on the next Presidency, and therefore the global stage, so could affect how things pan out here... Once all the TCV bullshyte is finally behind us.

Yeh if Trumpy makes a comeback in '24 we can't have a PM who sucked up to Sleepy Joe!  ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 January 2022, 20:01:27 »

Here we go  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Diesel till I die

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11 January 2022, 20:15:50 »

Yeh if Trumpy makes a comeback in '24 we can't have a PM who sucked up to Sleepy Joe!  ;D
Sippy Cup surely.  ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11 January 2022, 21:44:50 »

Its plain to see he is an idiot, but the big question is, whom could / should we replace him with ?
Does it really matter ?
Many of us want something akin to a reincarnation of Thatcher, but there is no-one of that ilk on the horizon.
If Liz Truss thinks posing atop a tank will fool us all she is more stupid than I thought she was.
As for dishy Rishi - he is the man who has sqaundered countless billions and is now going to tax us until the pips squeak to pay for it.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11 January 2022, 21:48:32 »

Gove will probably get another shot at it.
Diesel till I die

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11 January 2022, 22:14:36 »

A poll of Tory party members recentlly put Sunak up there with Boris.

The other contenders were all just also rans.

Don’t forget people have very very short memories. When it kicks off in Ukraine, Boris no doubt will score points.

I too would love to know who is drip feeding these revelations to the media. Rishi? The glasses trip man ( Cummings)?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 January 2022, 12:05:34 »

He has just stood up in the Commons and issued an apology.
By rights he should now be a lame duck living on borrowed time. However, the thing that might possibly save him is the fact that the opposition are utterly useless.
We shall see.  :-\
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12 January 2022, 13:02:41 »

He has just stood up in the Commons and issued an apology.
By rights he should now be a lame duck living on borrowed time. However, the thing that might possibly save him is the fact that the opposition are utterly useless.
We shall see.  :-\

Regardless of how inept and untrustworthy Boris is (and he is) I couldn't bring myself to vote for a man who wants a female James Bond and is unaware that only a woman has a cervix. ::)

Starmer would be out of his depth as soon as he learns that being PM involves more than merely counting paper clips and kneeling for BLM.

So if things stay as they are we have the choice between Dumb and Dumber a couple of years from now. :-\ :-\ :-X

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 January 2022, 13:09:27 »

Mr Slithery.

Would you buy a used car from this man? :D ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 January 2022, 13:57:43 »

Mr Slithery.

He's been keeping his head down recently as well.  ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12 January 2022, 14:30:24 »

Mr Slithery.

He's been keeping his head down recently as well.  ::)

Perhaps Theresa should have a second bite of the cherry........ :) ;) :D ;D ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.