Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh Boris, oh Boris.Third Strike  (Read 6294 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Oh Boris, oh Boris.Third Strike
« Reply #30 on: 12 January 2022, 14:55:00 »

Gove's cherry?  ;D
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12 January 2022, 17:42:32 »

Round here, a tactical vote wouldn't be for Labour.  Or LibDems.

Since 2015, the Conservatives have had the backing of the very vocal Brexiteers, which they can no longer fall back on.  And nobody wants to get too close to a turd.

They may be able to replace Boris with somebody, but nobody is really standing out as being a vote winner.  Although that's entirely irrelevant for me, unless Ms Leadsom decides not try to retain her seat.

Oh I think you're very wrong there. At the next election Brexit will become a major issue again especially if Sir Starmer is still the leader of the Labour party.  The Tories will (or should) relentlessly remind the public that Starmer led the campaign for a second referendum to abandon Brexit and can't be trusted with our relations with the EU.
Nah, Brexit is done. Incompetently badly ("Ready Made Deal" my arse, much like the £300m a week to the NHS as promised by Farage and Boris). But done. Dusted. T-shirts and all.

Any decision to rejoin would be another referendum as I understand it - though obviously that could go either way,
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12 January 2022, 17:57:23 »

Since 2015, the Conservatives have had the backing of the very vocal Brexiteers, which they can no longer fall back on.  And nobody wants to get too close to a turd.

They may be able to replace Boris with somebody, but nobody is really standing out as being a vote winner.  Although that's entirely irrelevant for me, unless Ms Leadsom decides not try to retain her seat.

Oh I think you're very wrong there. At the next election Brexit will become a major issue again especially if Sir Starmer is still the leader of the Labour party.  The Tories will (or should) relentlessly remind the public that Starmer led the campaign for a second referendum to abandon Brexit and can't be trusted with our relations with the EU.
Nah, Brexit is done. Incompetently badly ("Ready Made Deal" my arse, much like the £300m a week to the NHS as promised by Farage and Boris). But done. Dusted. T-shirts and all.

Any decision to rejoin would be another referendum as I understand it - though obviously that could go either way,

Keep up.  ::) Its actually been given more than that. Apparently its still chronically underfunded and understaffed though.  ::)
 https://inews.co.uk/news/health/nhs-extra-funding-announcement-explained-questions-answers-166058
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12 January 2022, 18:06:46 »

Keep up.  ::) Its actually been given more than that. Apparently its still chronically underfunded and understaffed though.  ::)
 https://inews.co.uk/news/health/nhs-extra-funding-announcement-explained-questions-answers-166058
No, no, no, this is the £15bn in new money from leaving the EU, as promised by the Messiah Farage and his glove puppet baffoon, not what had already been promised at some vague point in the future.

Obviously, some were sensible enough to see through it, and Farage has actually outright denied it, but the public is generally stupid.

Not that it matters how much you put into it, you still have overpaid receptionists standing 4 deep around a computer doing sod all.  Any extra funding will go into the abyss of more admin staff and more failed "modernisation" that only piss around the periphery of the problems.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12 January 2022, 18:14:17 »

You are wrong in every possible way. The "promise on the bus" which actually was no such thing, was the motto of the official leave campaign, and apparently dreamt up by Dominic Cummings.
Farage and the official Leave campaign had nothing to do with each other. Due in no small part to Farage and Cummings hating each other with a passion, and the Tories (who ran the Leave campaign) also hated Farage, and were terrified of him.
Farage applied to the Electoral Commission to run the official campaign, but the establishment closed ranks and shut him out of it, so he ran his own campaign, completely seperately.
Farage said at the time that it was a stupid slogan, and he wouldnt have touched it with a bargepole.
The fact remains though, that since the referendum NHS funding has increased by more than the figure on the side of the bus.

On the criminal waste of eye watering amounts of money, we are in full agreement.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 12 January 2022, 18:21:16 »

Well today in the House of Commons, standing at the dispatch box he previously stood at when denying he knew anything about "parties at Downing Street" he now admits he did go into the gathering on the 20th of May .................where allegedly 30-40 people had assembled for a bring your own drinks booze up..........................and Boris did nothing to stop it!!!   And he has persistently lied about it all::) ::) ::)

As is now being said today, very  strongly now, he HAS to go.  He has finally crossed a red live and enough is enough! >:( >:( >:(

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 12 January 2022, 18:22:57 »

Well I believe him he's said sorry & he didn't realise it was a party easy mistake to make ! 😂😂
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12 January 2022, 18:26:08 »

He himself did verbally say all that extra money was for the NHS.  And he was fully prepared to stand in front of the bus to make his speeches. He knew exactly what he was doing, and likely knew it would never be delivered, but as he was never going to be PM, it didn't matter to him.

So, his head needs to bounce down into the Thames as well.  For being a particularly dislikable, lying little shit.

And not withstanding the cost of the sniffle, due to be clawed back and then some by taxation, no, look at the official NHS budgets...   ...the 9000 extra nurses were promised pre referendum, so that doesn't count, not that we can fill those posts anyway.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12 January 2022, 18:33:09 »

He himself did verbally say all that extra money was for the NHS.  And he was fully prepared to stand in front of the bus to make his speeches. He knew exactly what he was doing, and likely knew it would never be delivered, but as he was never going to be PM, it didn't matter to him.

So, his head needs to bounce down into the Thames as well.  For being a particularly dislikable, lying little shit.

And not withstanding the cost of the sniffle, due to be clawed back and then some by taxation, no, look at the official NHS budgets...   ...the 9000 extra nurses were promised pre referendum, so that doesn't count, not that we can fill those posts anyway.

If "He" is Farage, you are completely wrong. He was never within a mile of the bus with the slogan on it. Check it out and come back to me on it if you can find anything to the contrary.  ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12 January 2022, 18:40:05 »

Well I believe him he's said sorry & he didn't realise it was a party easy mistake to make ! 😂😂

I expect that Boris's idea of a party is definitely not standing around in a garden chatting to work colleagues with a glass of bubbly and some nibbles.  ::)

Unless there was copious amounts of alcohol of all types, a variety of illicit drugs and fine gaggle of paid for whores eager to please, along with very loud rock n roll, I doubt it counts as a party!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12 January 2022, 18:43:51 »

I expect that Boris's idea of a party is definitely not standing around in a garden chatting to work colleagues with a glass of bubbly and some nibbles.  ::)

Unless there was copious amounts of alcohol of all types, a variety of illicit drugs and fine gaggle of paid for whores eager to please, along with very loud rock n roll, I doubt it counts as a party!  ;D

Sounds like you attended same parties as me in the seventies 😂
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 12 January 2022, 18:47:08 »

I would have liked to, but my Mum told me I had to be in bed by 7.00pm every night in the seventies!  :D

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 12 January 2022, 18:55:03 »

I would have liked to, but my Mum told me I had to be in bed by 7.00pm every night in the seventies!  :D

I was just told to take a condom & make sure I had clean pants on in case I got hit by a bus.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12 January 2022, 19:04:21 »

I was just told to take a condom & make sure I had clean pants on in case I got hit by a bus.

Wearing a condom inside a pair clean pants sounds a bit kinky to me. ::) ::) ;) :D ;D

...but we need to be prepared at all times in case the chance a nice 'legover' comes our way. :y :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 12 January 2022, 19:31:20 »

Here's a thought for you all.  :)

If Brexit had never happened and David Cameron was still our PM in his third term having beat Jeremy Corbyn in the 2020 election, would there have been such a hoohaa had Cameron got caught out attending a party at No10 during lockdown?  ???

So is the outrage purely because the PM attended a party which was against the law at the time?  Or is there an added hysteria solely because it's Boris Johnson and he is the man who took us out of the EU?  ???

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.