Chat Area > General Discussion Area

The revolting French

(1/6) > >>

Varche:
Referring to the ongoing protests about raising pension age to an astonishingly high 64. The poor mites. Haven’t they seen retirement age in other countries around them.

Might it bring down Macrons government? If so then we will no doubt see the axis of power in the EU shift further East.

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
We in the West are supposed to be competing against China on the global markets.
The company I work for owns a small subsidiary in China, and one of our Directors told me about his recent visit there.
The Chinese workers are aid 9-5 Mon. Fri. as is normal, but they turn up at the office usually around 7.30 am and stay until round 6.30pm.
They often "pop in", to do  few hours work on Saturday and Sunday - all of their own volition.
When you look at the West and the bone idle French in particular, we dont stand a chance. ::)

Doctor Gollum:
Presumably the companies encourage such free labour :-X

Migalot:
I don't think it's a question of pension age specifically. I think that the main problem is that Macron is seen as a globalist WEF stooge (he is) and the fact that he pushed through this reform bypassing the usual parliamentary procedure has exacerbated the situation. Additonally, many are apparently questioning French support for this unnecessary and hugely costly war in Ukraine.

Migv6 le Frog Fan:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 29 March 2023, 14:08:20 ---Presumably the companies encourage such free labour :-X

--- End quote ---

They really arent that type of company tbh. Its the most fair and relaxed place I have ever worked. As long as you make a reasonable effort to do your job, they are pretty appreciative.
The only employees who moan about the place are the ones who have been there over 30 years, and have never worked anywhere else.
They dont know they re born.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version