Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Military bases for asylum seekers

(1/8) > >>

Migalot:
I see Immigration Minister Robert Jenrick has confirmed plans to house "several thousand" asylum seekers at military bases in Essex, Lincolnshire (RAF Scampton) and a separate site in East Sussex.

I absolutely loathe this government.  >:( >:(

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
Including the large base at Weathersfield Essex, which is known s the most picturesque village in England.
Not for much longer I suspect.
The locals are going berserk about it, and my local council (Braintree) are planning on trying to get a high court injunction.
You would think this "Conervative and Unionist" Government was operating with a wafer thin majority.  >:(

Varche:

--- Quote from: Migalot on 29 March 2023, 14:59:04 ---I see Immigration Minister Robert Jenrick has confirmed plans to house "several thousand" asylum seekers at military bases in Essex, Lincolnshire (RAF Scampton) and a separate site in East Sussex.

--- End quote ---

Where would you put them if you were in charge?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:

--- Quote from: Varche on 29 March 2023, 16:30:47 ---
--- Quote from: Migalot on 29 March 2023, 14:59:04 ---I see Immigration Minister Robert Jenrick has confirmed plans to house "several thousand" asylum seekers at military bases in Essex, Lincolnshire (RAF Scampton) and a separate site in East Sussex.

--- End quote ---

Where would you put them if you were in charge?

--- End quote ---

Once people arrive, the vast majority of which are economic migrants, they stay here. Even if told to go they stay. :-X

We need to stop the arrival. But that won't happen.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:
https://youtu.be/m2f4SFrGypw

This assortment of luvvies look so concerned as they trot out such emotive language.

Mother with a toddler and a baby.
Elderly grandmother unable to walk.
Heavily pregnant woman with just the clothes on her back.
Diabetic who has not eaten for days.
Person in a wheelchair trying to escape war.........we would all be willing to help such people.

Yet the reality is not like that. When we see who is arriving on our shores, we see mainly young men aged 20-35 of fighting age and in good health.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version