Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Temporary insurance for a omega

(1/2) > >>

addy:
Well renewed the Insurance today on my 2.6 Omega. £230 for a year, after sorting it out, asked about temp insurance. So I can take the other Omega for MOT.  Was told that they no longer allow a temporary car cover, on policies so will have to get a temporary cover online. The cheapest I found was £77 for a week, but £215 for a month for a 1995 2ltr Omega. Crazy that it costs as much just a month, as it does for a full year.

Was going to get a full month, so could tax it and see how it goes. Before changing over new policy, to the 2ltr.

Doctor Gollum:
May as well insure it for the year then :-\

dave the builder:
I've used 1 day policies in the past to move cars ,IIRC about £30 for me about 5 years ago
obviously it's gone up  :o
you can take out a full one year policy , then ,if the car doesn't pan out ,
cancel the insurance and get back a percentage of the premium 

Doctor Gollum:

--- Quote from: dave the builder on 29 March 2023, 19:55:22 ---I've used 1 day policies in the past to move cars ,IIRC about £30 for me about 5 years ago
obviously it's gone up  :o
you can take out a full one year policy , then ,if the car doesn't pan out ,
cancel the insurance and get back a percentage of the premium

--- End quote ---
Zackly  ;)

addy:
I have added other cars, to run on my insurance in the past. It used to cost about £30. I thought temp would be cheap, was just suprised at the cost. As you have all said, a full year will be the way to go. I don't agree with no cover, but with prices like this. No wonder people, don't bother. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version