Chat Area > General Discussion Area

PayPal scam????

(1/3) > >>

Andy B:
SWMBO put some things from the shed for sale on FaceAche's marketplace. Very soon after the add was placed someone contacted her to say they'd have the dog cage. Great! So she gave him our address for him to call for it .... he then says that his son will collect it & he now wants to pay via PayPal. SWMBO says I don't have PayPal & want cash please. Oh ... you can just download it he says, I know says SWMBO, my husband has it. Next message from him is ... what's your husbands email address & I'll pay him.
We then just ignored him & since heard no more from him.

I smell a scam but don't know what it is. I guess that he pays into my PayPal, collects dog crate then claims some kind of dispute & gets his money back from me .....  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Why would you want to pay someone £30 via PayPal if you weren't up to something shady?

dave the builder:
I'm not sure if it's a scam ,or just an awkward buyer  :-\
Either way it's not worth the hassle .
someone with actual money £££  :) will buy it  :y

STEMO:
The problem is......Facebook marketplace. Use it at your peril. I wouldn't have been so polite. It's cash or eff off.

Andy B:

--- Quote from: dave the builder on 01 June 2023, 21:46:43 ---I'm not sure if it's a scam ,or just an awkward buyer  :-\
Either way it's not worth the hassle .
someone with actual money £££  :) will buy it  :y

--- End quote ---

I agree!

Andy B:

--- Quote from: STEMO on 01 June 2023, 22:11:29 ---The problem is......Facebook marketplace. Use it at your peril. I wouldn't have been so polite. It's cash or eff off.

--- End quote ---

That's why I don't do FB  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version