Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: uncomfortable seats  (Read 2805 times)

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
uncomfortable seats
« on: 06 April 2007, 21:03:35 »

Does anybody else find the leather recaro seats hard and uncomfortable...have just bought no 3 omega ..this one is elite and has recaro leather seats fitted..they have thigh support extensions which after a while seem to make your legs go numb and the seat pad and side supports are not a pleasure to sit on...had old style fabric seats before in my cdx and remember could drive for hours and feel fine when got out of car..but these ???just wondering if any one else had comments...as seriously thinking about exchanging them for either standard leather type or fabric...any swaps out there??

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: uncomfortable seats
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2007, 21:06:37 »

Does anybody else find the leather recaro seats hard and uncomfortable...have just bought no 3 omega ..this one is elite and has recaro leather seats fitted..they have thigh support extensions which after a while seem to make your legs go numb and the seat pad and side supports are not a pleasure to sit on...had old style fabric seats before in my cdx and remember could drive for hours and feel fine when got out of car..but these ???just wondering if any one else had comments...as seriously thinking about exchanging them for either standard leather type or fabric...any swaps out there??

I think they are really comfy love them :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 April 2007, 21:13:56 »

are the seats really hard or soft like leather should be...just the old guy i bought the car from must have only weighed in at 7 stone and i must be double that so they obviously have not had a hard life..car has only done genuine 70k on a R plate so very little use aswell....just not sure if they should be so damn hard

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 April 2007, 21:20:26 »

They are sports seats, so will be harder. Same with any car with sports seats. Leather is not necessarily soft ;)

Personally, I have done 1000 miles a day on a number of occasions with just normal breaks, and never suffered...
Grumpy old man

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 April 2007, 21:31:22 »

oh well perhaps it must just be my shape???didn,t think I was that abnormal..must book in for my posterior massage then

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 April 2007, 21:40:13 »

oh well perhaps it must just be my shape???didn,t think I was that abnormal..must book in for my posterior massage then
lol.

Different seats suit different drivers.  The seats are not at fault, they are designed to be stiffer and supportive.  It is, alas, just they don't suit you for some reason :(
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 April 2007, 22:01:45 »

i must admit i did not find the recardo seats in TheBoy's MV6 very comfy... but i did not want to adjust them...i suspect they will be fine after i set them up for my needs. (ie off short person mode  ;D)

I generally find cloth Omega seats more comfy i slide around less!  ::) ... the leather ones lack a little support i find.

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 April 2007, 22:04:47 »

If they're grey with side airbags I'll swap you my memory seats!
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 April 2007, 22:08:34 »

Didn't try the MV6 tight-support seats, but the standard Recaros are the best seats I ever had... I can drive 3-4 hours and feel very very comfortable. Most other cars (especially Mercs1) are too soft for me, giving me backache after a while.

Alas, no more Omegas....

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 April 2007, 22:11:55 »

I like my cloth seats too  ;D

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 April 2007, 22:14:08 »

You can adjust the front of the seat. ps if their black with airbags I would do you a swap for my leather with memory :y
« Last Edit: 06 April 2007, 22:19:06 by Elite_Pete »
Retired

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 April 2007, 22:15:40 »

All Omega Sports Leather is black.
Grumpy old man

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 April 2007, 22:15:54 »

You can adjust the front of the seat. ps if there black with airbags I would do you a swap for my leather with memory :y
You can't spell, you lose!!  ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 April 2007, 22:16:35 »

ie off short person mode
You mean short, fat person mode?

Lanky git ;D
Grumpy old man

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 April 2007, 22:16:56 »

Fudgeknuckle!  >:(

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 06 April 2007, 22:19:56 »

I win
 ::) ;D ;D
Retired

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 April 2007, 22:37:55 »

Back to these seats..am i right then that there are 2 types?mv6 sports seats and recaro?..mine a black leather with thigh pull out supports..they have side air bags and solid headrests..are only adjustable electrically up/down..have pitch adjuster lever..so would these have been a factory extra or have these been retro fitted...I am sure it is not just me but they don,t seem that comfortable..yes i am a little wider than i should be but not so that outside the range of normal...so might be open to a swap..but as all door cards and rears are black leather,would need to match  

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 April 2007, 22:41:07 »

Back to these seats..am i right then that there are 2 types?mv6 sports seats and recaro?..mine a black leather with thigh pull out supports..they have side air bags and solid headrests..are only adjustable electrically up/down..have pitch adjuster lever..so would these have been a factory extra or have these been retro fitted...I am sure it is not just me but they don,t seem that comfortable..yes i am a little wider than i should be but not so that outside the range of normal...so might be open to a swap..but as all door cards and rears are black leather,would need to match  
I think Pete will be on you.

Non-memory seats have the lever that you described.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 April 2007, 23:03:26 »

Tin of spray paint should sort that  ;) ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 April 2007, 23:16:40 »

The Sports seats (recaros) were an option on Elites. You lost all the memory stuff and fancy mirror though...
Grumpy old man

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06 April 2007, 23:25:57 »

I personally found the mini-facelift non-sport leather seats uncomfortable after about 2 hours' driving. For that reason I swapped for a facelift model - the seats in which suit my shape much better. Drove for over 4 hours non-stop in that - no probs whatsoever ... the trouble is that you really need to go on a drive for that sort of time and distance before you know if the seats are right for you ...

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 April 2007, 01:56:33 »

I had the MV6 with black Recaro leather and I thought they were very comfy and im 16 stone and yes I would love to swap for mine :y
Retired

bogit

• Northampton
  • yes i do know its missing 2 wheels :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 April 2007, 05:32:29 »

I had the MV6 with black Recaro leather and I thought they were very comfy and im 16 stone and yes I would love to swap for mine :y

16 stone,,,,,,light weight lol no rearly u are compared to me lol.

6ft 2 20 stone on a bad day and I found the sports seats nmbed my legs when I first got the car and drove it with the seat base tilted back.put it flat,and its all good now.

my mates old recarososports seats in his old astra sport.broke the sidebolsters ,arse was just a tad to wide for them lol.mind u I did spend a lot of time in it.
try with the seat flat and thigh support in.works for me.
dash bulbs replaced,ecc sorted,atf to go, door blowers-maybe

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07 April 2007, 08:07:04 »

Thanks guys...will try flat position with leg support in ( as the actress.......) if that does not work any better today will go and get a piece of industrial cushion foam for hole seat pad and give that a go..trouble is might be touching the roof lining then...if all else fails and ny arse is still numb I will be on to Pete,and if we are not at the other ends of the world perhaps we could do a deal..what happens about the air bag and sensors when you take seats out ??

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 April 2007, 22:26:42 »

I about 15 stone ;) and find the seats really comfy and i don't slide around either, Tunnie is a slim guy and may rattle around a bit ;D XX so maybe the Sports seats are for the fuller man like us Pete ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 08 April 2007, 00:32:50 »

The fuller man  ;D my misses says im fat but my reply is it takes a big hammer to knock a big nail in ;)
Retired

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08 April 2007, 08:43:56 »

Spend some time setting them........you need to set the distance from the pedals correctly and then adjust the seat tilt so that you have even presure across the base of your legs......

Then set the back rest so with your back against the seat back you can rest the base of your hands on the steering wheel.....

This will probably feel uncomfortable for a while but, you soon get used to it....

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08 April 2007, 09:52:03 »

Seem to be better yesterday with a cushion on seat pad..seem that the side bolsters wedge you in ..will give it a proper adjustment today as going to France on Wednesday for couple of days and about 1500 miles to drive...so either eat no easter eggs today/or go on a crash diet..thanks for all suggestions ..will keep you posted as still may consider a swap..Happy easter to all...Andrew
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.