Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Horn Alarm Going Off  (Read 836 times)

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
Horn Alarm Going Off
« on: 09 April 2007, 10:41:00 »

Hi chaps

Just in the last week my Horn alarm has been going off for no reason at all

I know the power sounding horn is not working as the bat is dead on it as i went through the normal 4 beep sounds for sometime last year

Its kind of strange i lock the car and about 5 mins later the horn alarm is going off i go outside and unlock the doors and relock them and its fine.

I have been under the bonnet acouple of times but i have checked the alarm part of the bonnet and it seems fine.

No flys in side and have closed all the air vents just incase it was that i am at a bit of a loss with this.

Anyone had any thing simlair ?

Craig
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer
[To be Fitted]Reverse Sensors

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Horn Alarm Going Off
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2007, 10:44:36 »

As you know, bonnet switch is the most likely candidate.

If you know anyone with a Tech2 nearby, get them to read the alarm codes if you really are stuck.  Depending on ECU type, carpass may be reqd.  Cheapo Tech2 cannot read alarm codes afaik...
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2007, 11:03:44 »

I have been under the bonnet acouple of times but i have checked the alarm part of the bonnet and it seems fine........
Craig
Unplug the bonnet switch for a few days as a test. If that sorts it then you've found the problem. The switch is normally closed and shutting the bonnet will open the contacts. When Johny Toe Rag opens your bonnet the switch goes to ground as can the heat of the sun flexing the bonnet, if the switch is disconnected you can safely assume that the alarm won't be earthing via the bonnet.

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 April 2007, 11:04:17 »

Thanks Ill have another look at the Bonnet Switch and if i get really stuck Atleast i have another option with the Tech2

Cheers   :y

Craig
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer
[To be Fitted]Reverse Sensors

STMO123

« Reply #4 on: 09 April 2007, 18:01:51 »

Also Craig, even though the batteries are dead in the power sounder, it can still cause problems. Reach in and disconnect it if you dont plan on replacing it.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 April 2007, 19:27:53 »

Also Craig, even though the batteries are dead in the power sounder, it can still cause problems. Reach in and disconnect it if you dont plan on replacing it.
Ah, sorry, assumed you had already unplugged?  If not, unplug, else it will set it off.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.