Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Paying deposit/car  (Read 4799 times)

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
Paying deposit/car
« on: 02 December 2015, 19:38:05 »

Is it safe to pay a deposit for a car through bank transfer ? I mean putting a deposit down now but not picking up till 2 weeks time , dont know the seller from adam so a bit unsure  :-\
Omegatitis

STEMO

Re: Paying deposit/car
« Reply #1 on: 02 December 2015, 19:40:53 »

What do you mean by safe? If the money is transferred to his account, it's his money. Just like handing him a wad of notes.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 December 2015, 19:43:23 »

What do you mean by safe? If the money is transferred to his account, it's his money. Just like handing him a wad of notes.

So i know i'd have online receipt but in reality im taking his word for it that he will keep the car and not deny payment when i come to pick it up  :-\
Omegatitis

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 02 December 2015, 19:45:03 »

So i know i'd have online receipt but in reality im taking his word for it that he will keep the car and not deny payment when i come to pick it up  :-\
You can prove you transferred the money, of course. Why are you worried? If you don't trust him, don't send it.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 December 2015, 19:48:07 »

You can prove you transferred the money, of course. Why are you worried? If you don't trust him, don't send it.

Not that i dont trust him but never been asked to do a bank transfer deposit , only reason he  asks is that he had a few saying they will turn up and they never so covering his coste of re advertising .
Omegatitis

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 02 December 2015, 19:51:03 »

Not that i dont trust him but never been asked to do a bank transfer deposit , only reason he  asks is that he had a few saying they will turn up and they never so covering his coste of re advertising .
Guess it's time to move into the 20th century.  ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 December 2015, 19:52:40 »

depends on how much you want that particular car.  ;)

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 December 2015, 19:54:53 »

depends on how much you want particular car.  ;)

A lot , been looking a while  :) Thing is its not local its over 100 mile away but it looks worth it . If it wasnt described as it was do i have any option for my deposit back  :-\
Omegatitis

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 December 2015, 19:55:33 »

How much is the deposit?

If it's say around £50 and you want the car and you believe he's genuine enough then that sounds reasonable enough to me.. There's always some element of risk with a despoit depends if you think the car is worth the risk :-\

Have you seen the car/owner in person?

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 December 2015, 19:58:15 »

How much is the deposit?

If it's say around £50 and you want the car and you believe he's genuine enough then that sounds reasonable enough to me.. There's always some element of risk with a despoit depends if you think the car is worth the risk :-\

Have you seen the car/owner in person?

Cant see the car until i go to pick it up but ive asked all the relevant questions ect . £100 deposit .
Omegatitis

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 December 2015, 19:58:56 »

Agree to the transfer as long as the seller sends you an e-mail stating said amount requested to be paid into bank account ********
as deposit for car reg. no. *******. Once in receipt of said e-mail, transfer the amount
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 December 2015, 20:00:57 »

what kind of dealer is it? Main dealer or Arfur Daily type? If a reputable car sales place I reckon you'd be OK

I put £500 deposit down on my Merc over the phone, but it was at a Mercedes dealership.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 December 2015, 20:03:10 »

Agree to the transfer as long as the seller sends you an e-mail stating said amount requested to be paid into bank account ********
as deposit for car reg. no. *******. Once in receipt of said e-mail, transfer the amount

Good point there rob , cheers i'll go with that then . If he wants the sale he should agree to that surely , if genuine .

what kind of dealer is it? Main dealer or Arfur Daily type? If a reputable car sales place I reckon you'd be OK

I put £500 deposit down on my Merc over the phone, but it was at a Mercedes dealership.

Not main dealer no .
Omegatitis

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 December 2015, 20:08:56 »

Not main dealer no .

But reputable?  ;)

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 December 2015, 20:31:55 »

Not main dealer no .

But reputable?  ;)

I shall see what comes of more delving  ;)
Omegatitis
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.