Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Continental motoring breakdown cover  (Read 3883 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: Continental motoring breakdown cover
« Reply #16 on: 24 March 2017, 00:10:52 »

Anyone had any dealings with "rescuemycar"  they want £89 and cover cars and trailers ..... but I'm still wading through the "small print" ...

I did a number of jobs for them. If you would like to know what the customers(and our) experience of them was like then find some bottles in a bin, smash them, and shove all of the bits up your arse with a telephone.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 March 2017, 07:18:47 »

Not waded through small print but:

https://www.eta.co.uk/breakdown/car/
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 March 2017, 08:55:49 »

I have cover abroad through my account with Nationwide, and I asked them about the age issue, and was told I was covered. Haven't tested it though. :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 March 2017, 12:36:49 »

Thanks for that .. looks very promising .. up to 20 years old and includes the van

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 March 2017, 12:48:53 »

Thanks for that .. looks very promising .. up to 20 years old and includes the van

Was my thoughts. AXA have no age limit if you are insured with them too but standalone breakdown cover seems limited to 16 years.
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 March 2017, 21:01:18 »

Anyone had any dealings with "rescuemycar"  they want £89 and cover cars and trailers ..... but I'm still wading through the "small print" ...
Use for euro cover, but never had to actually use them
Grumpy old man

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 March 2017, 16:46:26 »

mmmm

ETA want £166.32 !! this gives 12 months UK cover and up to 90 days europe ... you can't have one without the other ... :(  but they don't cover the tin tent itself ..

Caravan Club (Red Pennant) want £196.68 for 18 days europe cover and cover everything

Rescuemycar want £88.49 for 24 days europe cover, but some of the "small print" is a tad disconcerting.. " if in the Recovery Operator’s opinion, repair is not possible, we will arrange and pay the costs of transportation of 7 passengers, including the Driver, to be recovered to a single destination within 10 miles of the Incident." ... I don't see 10 miles being much good when I'm hundreds of miles from home, or out for the day away from the tin tent ....  as "If the Vehicle cannot be repaired within 48 hours or any other time that We can agree, We will arrange for Your Vehicle and up to 7 passengers, including the Driver to be transported either to Your Home or original destination." combined with .. "What is not covered .. Overnight accommodation or car hire charges if repairs can be carried out at or near the scene of the Incident within an agreed time. implies I have to pay hotel bills etc for the 48 hours they spend trying to mend it 10 miles from "the incident" ..  :(

:(

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26 March 2017, 19:59:39 »

mmmm

ETA want £166.32 !! this gives 12 months UK cover and up to 90 days europe ... you can't have one without the other ... :(  but they don't cover the tin tent itself ..

Caravan Club (Red Pennant) want £196.68 for 18 days europe cover and cover everything

Rescuemycar want £88.49 for 24 days europe cover, but some of the "small print" is a tad disconcerting.. " if in the Recovery Operator’s opinion, repair is not possible, we will arrange and pay the costs of transportation of 7 passengers, including the Driver, to be recovered to a single destination within 10 miles of the Incident." ... I don't see 10 miles being much good when I'm hundreds of miles from home, or out for the day away from the tin tent ....  as "If the Vehicle cannot be repaired within 48 hours or any other time that We can agree, We will arrange for Your Vehicle and up to 7 passengers, including the Driver to be transported either to Your Home or original destination." combined with .. "What is not covered .. Overnight accommodation or car hire charges if repairs can be carried out at or near the scene of the Incident within an agreed time. implies I have to pay hotel bills etc for the 48 hours they spend trying to mend it 10 miles from "the incident" ..  :(

Try Nationwide Nige, very helpful if you have an account. :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26 March 2017, 21:11:46 »

Given age of the car and miles, it's going to be super expensive. I looked into it for my Austria trip in the 2.2. But I just chanced it in the end, had no issues.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26 March 2017, 21:22:23 »

Given age of the car and miles, it's going to be super expensive. I looked into it for my Austria trip in the 2.2. But I just chanced it in the end, had no issues.

A different story with a burger van on the back, though. Same issue I have if towing a glider. You need to know it's going to get home even if the car doesn't.

In fact, all glider trailers are over the 7m length limit that most breakdown cover allows, so.. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26 March 2017, 22:08:17 »

mmmm

Try Nationwide Nige, very helpful if you have an account. :y

Looks interesting Chris ...might be worth opening an account just to use this !!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.