Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Pollen & Air Filters  (Read 9197 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Pollen & Air Filters
« Reply #60 on: 17 December 2021, 17:21:28 »

Refer to #53

As I have just said, I have been trying to stop this nonsense of me being faulted on every word, every phrase, everything generally  It IS tedious, when even by starting a thread on a true Omega, motoring matter, I still end up being slagged off with now even a mysterious, very childish, term used "TRE", which when I ask the individual to explain it's meaning, like a schoolboy in the playground, he wont or cannot explain what he means.

But anyway, as I say I will play no part in trying to explain myself to him when I post something he wants to yet again fault ;).

Wise move Lizzie.👌

Thanks Rangie, yes it is about time I stopped trying to rectify the rectifiable! :y
UNrectifiable  ;D
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 17 December 2021, 17:25:17 »

Refer to #53

As I have just said, I have been trying to stop this nonsense of me being faulted on every word, every phrase, everything generally  It IS tedious, when even by starting a thread on a true Omega, motoring matter, I still end up being slagged off with now even a mysterious, very childish, term used "TRE", which when I ask the individual to explain it's meaning, like a schoolboy in the playground, he wont or cannot explain what he means.

But anyway, as I say I will play no part in trying to explain myself to him when I post something he wants to yet again fault ;).

Wise move Lizzie.👌

Thanks Rangie, yes it is about time I stopped trying to rectify the rectifiable! :y
UNrectifiable  ;D

Damn!!  :o :o  Thanks Steve!

I am having trouble with my wireless keyboard that often is not recognising the touch of the keys.  I should be checking more often!! ::) ::) :-[ :-[

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 19 December 2021, 10:38:55 »

Its clear you 2 need to get a room. Sort your differences there, not here on every post.

Care not who started what and when, as that would mean me reading the whole thread, and its far more likely I'll just delete the whole thread.

Clearly Lizzie Zoom and Doctor Gollum are each other's Kyptonite, and I can guarantee if one posts on any thread, it gets the other's back up.  And I'm fairly certain that the other always thinks they are being bullied or treated unfairly.  To be honest, I'm not feeling well, and don't have the energy or concentration to engage any form of diplomacy, so I really couldn't care less about childish squabbles and getting the last word in, and the easy (for me) answer is a ban or 2.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 19 December 2021, 11:14:09 »

Its clear you 2 need to get a room. Sort your differences there, not here on every post.

Care not who started what and when, as that would mean me reading the whole thread, and its far more likely I'll just delete the whole thread.

Clearly Lizzie Zoom and Doctor Gollum are each other's Kyptonite, and I can guarantee if one posts on any thread, it gets the other's back up.  And I'm fairly certain that the other always thinks they are being bullied or treated unfairly.  To be honest, I'm not feeling well, and don't have the energy or concentration to engage any form of diplomacy, so I really couldn't care less about childish squabbles and getting the last word in, and the easy (for me) answer is a ban or 2.
Quite right, Jaime. That Albs fella could do with a short ban, too. And Opti. And Tigger. I'll have a think if there's anyone else and get back to you  ;D
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 19 December 2021, 11:34:38 »

Sorry to cause you problems TB.  It is the last thing you obviously need.  I am now already restricting my posts and as at least one other member has suggested, rise above it.  It is clear I must at last ignore the other persons posts, and I personally will cause you no further issues. :-* :-*

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 19 December 2021, 17:43:29 »

crosland air filter and pollen filters arrived and compared .no obvious fitting differencess and no loosness in casing.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 19 December 2021, 20:05:54 »

I am now already restricting my posts and  ....

No need to restrict your posts Lizzie. Post what you like, others can agree with you or not, but you don't need the grief off those that disagree with you.  :y

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 19 December 2021, 23:05:06 »

Crosland paper element oil filters for the V6 (2.6 / 3.2 at least - not sure if 2.5 / 3.0 are the same as I've never owned one!) are currently for sale at 65p each at Euro Car Parts in their Xmas sale if anyone is interested....
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 20 December 2021, 11:06:10 »

wow now that is a bargain. they wernt on last week.
shame for me but i did buy a job lot of gm ones last summer so im ok but otherswill no doubt be intersted.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 20 December 2021, 12:24:56 »

I am now already restricting my posts and  ....

No need to restrict your posts Lizzie. Post what you like, others can agree with you or not, but you don't need the grief off those that disagree with you:y

Thanks for that Andy :-* :-* :y

That is the thing Andy, although in my professional life I was used to dealing with some very difficult, criminal,  characters, but was well paid for doing so and met those challenges head on, now I am retired I do not need that grief!  I just want to enjoy the OOF as I have, on and off, since about 2008 "talkling" to some great people like you and others.  It not only gives me wonderful info to keep my Omega / any car going whilst learning so much about other, general chat, topics.  With this thread I just started it to talk about filters, and look what happened - away from General Chat this time!! ::)

I know I can not be agreed with all the time, that is life, but the pure insults and aggro I can do without.  Others, like you have advised me to just rise above certain elements on here, but I am not one to keep my mouth shut for long when challenged (business habits kicking in!)   I must now try and do that to keep TB, and those that can do without this, happy! ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 20 December 2021, 12:29:19 »

...............and on the subject of the carbon activated pollen filter, the Crosland one (part no. 507720038) I have bought is fine and certainly is the same size as the existing, Vx, one. ;)
« Last Edit: 20 December 2021, 12:37:49 by Lizzie Zoom »

Carfix

• Malmesbury, Wiltshire
    • 1997 & 1998 Omega Elites
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 20 December 2021, 16:48:55 »

On your advice I ordered a couple of pollen filters. Thank you.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 20 December 2021, 17:17:48 »

On your advice I ordered a couple of pollen filters. Thank you.

Thanks, gulp!! :o :o

I just hope that in use they are as good as the original GM/VX ones, but others have recommended this brand and at £1.73 each  (I note even cheaper at the moment on the ECP site) is worth any risk.  We will both find out how good they are! ;D :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 21 December 2021, 00:13:10 »

https://www.oemgmpartscenter.com/p/Cadillac__Catera/Cabin-Air-Filter-Cabin-Air-Filter-Charcoal/48642869/93165208.html

Genuine is readily available. At a price. And whilst PSA/Stellantis CBA to produce parts for cars they didn't have any part in making, (and their employees certainly have no interest in sourcing them.),  GM does still produce parts for much of its post Millennium production.

Just be mindful that the VX part numbers have often been superceded by more recent ones so a conversation to confirm that NLS doesn't mean totally unavailable is a productive use of a call/email.
Onanists always think outside the box.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 22 December 2021, 23:58:04 »

Crosland paper element oil filters for the V6 (2.6 / 3.2 at least - not sure if 2.5 / 3.0 are the same as I've never owned one!) are currently for sale at 65p each at Euro Car Parts in their Xmas sale if anyone is interested....

wow now that is a bargain. they wernt on last week.
shame for me but i did buy a job lot of gm ones last summer so im ok but otherswill no doubt be intersted.

Collected my 'job lot' of oil filters today from ECP - maybe the Crosland ones advertised were out of stock, but the ones supplied were in fact Bosch filters. Can't be bad for 65p.
I also bought some of the Fram air filters for £3.29 each - more or less identical to the GM version. I've used Fram filters for years in classic cars and they are good.
Also decided to buy a pair of coated rear vented discs for the 2.6 / 3.2 whilst discounted. £9.62 per disc (£19.24 for the pair) seemed a bargain  :y
The Xmas sale is only on for a few more days if anyone else fancies stocking up on serviceable items.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.