Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Covid tests for travel  (Read 5870 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Covid tests for travel
« Reply #30 on: 17 December 2021, 11:43:39 »

That's the tests ordered from Boots, let's hope they arrive in time.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 17 December 2021, 20:23:28 »

Coming special delivery by 1 o'clock tomorrow, that's pretty good.
Diesel till I die

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 17 December 2021, 20:56:12 »

Coming special delivery by 1 o'clock tomorrow, that's pretty good.

Not by RM i hope.....they were having delivery problems....summat to do with a train  ???

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 17 December 2021, 21:03:18 »

We ordered the C19Testing kits for both outbound and return "fit to fly" LFT tests. They arrive by courier the day after ordering and are £22 each (less with discount codes). I used one for entry into France last week, and assuming Boris doesn't change the rules will be using another to return to the UK on Wednesday.

Most of the larger airports have Day2 PCR testing available on the airport site somewhere. It needs to be pre-booked, but if you can just get off the plane, and get your Day2 test done before you've even got the car then you should get your "Ausweiss Bitte" clearance email sometime the following day.

The "fit to fly" LFT testing is a scam though. Zero security for those that want to abuse it.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 17 December 2021, 21:23:31 »

What's the difference between a £22 'Fit to fly' LFT and the LFT's I got from my local pharmacy for free?  :-\

Apart from the cost of course!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 17 December 2021, 21:32:11 »

What's the difference between a £22 'Fit to fly' LFT and the LFT's I got from my local pharmacy for free?  :-\

Apart from the cost of course!  ::)

Nothing. Same box, same test kit, same everything. The difference is that there is an 8 digit code on a sticky label attached to the box. You enter this code on the C19Testing website, upload a photo of the test result & your passport, and a few hours later they email you a certificate that shuts up immigration. No-one checks that you've actually poked anything up your nose. :o

I've got around 20 'free' NHS test kits here, and 2 'paid for' C19Testing kits. They are identical apart from the sticker on the box. You're basically paying £22 for someone to review the photo, and then email you a certificate.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 17 December 2021, 21:33:21 »

Romania requires a negative pcr test taken not more than 48 hours prior to entering the country.
Diesel till I die

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 17 December 2021, 21:48:41 »

Romania requires a negative pcr test taken not more than 48 hours prior to entering the country.

Yes, many countries are now demanding fit to fly PCR, which is slightly more secure. However, there are also some home testing PCR kits - you just have to drop the swab in a box for them to analyse. Not sure how they know whose nose the swab has been up though.

You can get "fit to fly" PCR tests at the major airports - with results in around 5 hours. Not much use if the Swiss change their rules at 9PM on a Friday night and you're booked on a 6AM flight to Geneva on the Saturday morning.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 17 December 2021, 21:52:54 »

Yes, many countries are now demanding fit to fly PCR, which is slightly more secure. However, there are also some home testing PCR kits - you just have to drop the swab in a box for them to analyse. Not sure how they know whose nose the swab has been up though.

You can get "fit to fly" PCR tests at the major airports - with results in around 5 hours. Not much use if the Swiss change their rules at 9PM on a Friday night and you're booked on a 6AM flight to Geneva on the Saturday morning.
Not much use if you're flying from Doncaster either  ;D
Diesel till I die

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 17 December 2021, 22:08:57 »

Not much use if you're flying from Doncaster either  ;D

It was, is and always will be RAF Finningly to me :)

I'm sure you've seen it, but...
https://www.medicspot.co.uk/covid-test/doncaster-sheffield-airport

Not much use for fit to fly PCR, because AIUI PCR testing needs lab analysis, so only airports with nearby labs (like Heathrow) can offer same day PCR tests.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 17 December 2021, 22:18:04 »

Ste, we booked our day 2 tests through Randox. They have local pickup and Drop boxes for PCR tests at £34.99 a pop. Not sure if you've already bitten the bullet buy they were the cheapest ones I could find and had availability only a few days out.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 17 December 2021, 22:54:51 »

Ste, we booked our day 2 tests through Randox. They have local pickup and Drop boxes for PCR tests at £34.99 a pop. Not sure if you've already bitten the bullet buy they were the cheapest ones I could find and had availability only a few days out.

Of Owen Paterson fame?  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 17 December 2021, 23:51:45 »

Got to be done within 48 hours of flying and, as they are flying on 27th, and the tests had to be done on either Christmas Day or Boxing Day, our choice was limited, Jimmy.
Diesel till I die

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 18 December 2021, 05:21:30 »

Could be... Tbh I couldn't give a flying fig about the chosen company or the quality of service, all I was after was the confirmation number that means I can fill in the passenger locator form and get back to the UK.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 18 December 2021, 10:34:48 »

Could be... Tbh I couldn't give a flying fig about the chosen company or the quality of service, all I was after was the confirmation number that means I can fill in the passenger locator form and get back to the UK.
I used Express Test for mine if only because I could drive through on my way past.

If I have to have a pre departure test next time I go, then I'll book their walk in option in the terminal on my way to check in having done a freebie LFT on the way out of the house. That way I will be confident that I will pass the walk in test and a cup of coffee on the way to check in should allow enough time for the result and submit the outbound locator form. If it is only an overnight trip, then the return locator form can be done whilst I enjoy a cold snack in the departure lounge.
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.