Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm tempted to haggle on this...  (Read 2347 times)

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
Re: I'm tempted to haggle on this...
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2007, 20:22:03 »

seems like a bit of a bargain to me?

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2007, 20:28:05 »

As Del Boy would say "Go on my son, you know it makes sense"  :y

I do like the comment that the LPG tank takes up no room - but the loose spare wheel may be a tad annoying  ;D
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2007, 20:29:35 »

seems like a bit of a bargain to me?

Only CDX, short MOT, high miles, I wouldn't pay a lot for it

Sounds like he may have done HG himself and ballsed it up. I do have spare 2.5 heads tho  :-/

Wonder if it's something else leaking coolant though, oil cooler plate, or coolant bridge, etc...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2007, 21:06:35 »

I reckon the mileage and age will really drastically affect resale value. Not sure there is enough money in that
Grumpy old man

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2007, 21:10:13 »

I reckon the mileage and age will really drastically affect resale value. Not sure there is enough money in that

Well i was thinking take the LPG kit off and fit it to a better car!! thats a cheap way of getting gassed and exactly what i have done a couple of times!!!

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2007, 21:25:47 »

Well i was thinking take the LPG kit off and fit it to a better car!! thats a cheap way of getting gassed and exactly what i have done a couple of times!!!

Crossed my mind, then make most of the money back by breaking the Estate car....

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2007, 21:26:45 »

Crossed my mind, then make most of the money back by breaking the Estate car....

;D :y

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2007, 21:27:47 »

Ps, G, I didn't get that email...

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 May 2007, 21:31:37 »

Ps, G, I didn't get that email...

hasnt bounced back but have re sent it !!

omegaV6CD

• Intermediate Member
  • Darlington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 May 2007, 21:54:59 »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1995-VAUXHALL-OMEGA-2-5-V6-CDX-AUTO-GREY-ESTATE-GAS-LPG_W0QQitemZ150124522633QQihZ005QQcategoryZ9858QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
When i see an OMEGA with LPG i think somebody very tight must have owned it. So tight he probably never spend any money on it.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #11 on: 23 May 2007, 22:01:20 »

I would have thought would be worth £500+ just for the lpg kit......if its working ok  :y

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #12 on: 23 May 2007, 22:15:12 »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1995-VAUXHALL-OMEGA-2-5-V6-CDX-AUTO-GREY-ESTATE-GAS-LPG_W0QQitemZ150124522633QQihZ005QQcategoryZ9858QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
When i see an OMEGA with LPG i think somebody very tight must have owned it. So tight he probably never spend any money on it.

Depends what you using it for.....

Makes sense for me......40-50k miles a year....38p/L versus 95p/L

Mate of mine is having his BMW 520 converted to gas......hes worked it out....would save him approx £4k a year on fuel costs.....hes a TD as well

My omega gets serviced every 10k (ok not often enough as others would point out!)

Martin_1962

« Reply #13 on: 23 May 2007, 22:33:11 »

It pays for itself in two years, anyway you have to spend to save and because you will own the car longer you take better care of it

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 May 2007, 22:36:58 »

I lot of lpg equipped cars I've seen do appear to be a little neglected, so maybe some truth in that.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.