Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What's happened to TD?  (Read 4224 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: What's happened to TD?
« Reply #15 on: 22 May 2007, 22:03:52 »

Dont know him personally but hope he is OK...

maybe we should all register our mobile numbers on here, I assume we can be sure they will be treated confidentially?

For regulars yes
No, all members are treated indentically. Everyone is equal here. No special members, no 'elite' class of member.  :)

Hmm wrong end of stick. Well there is no point getting just visiting phone numbers, but for regulars like about the top 100 posters we should be able to contact if they go missing.

I suppose we could collect for all members on the profiles
Top 100 would be a form of elitism imho, what do you think?
Grumpy old man

Martin_1962

« Reply #16 on: 22 May 2007, 22:14:17 »

maybe we should all register our mobile numbers on here, I assume we can be sure they will be treated confidentially?

For regulars yes
No, all members are treated indentically. Everyone is equal here. No special members, no 'elite' class of member.  :)

Hmm wrong end of stick. Well there is no point getting just visiting phone numbers, but for regulars like about the top 100 posters we should be able to contact if they go missing.

No it is not a form of elitism - they are just the members someone would miss if they didn't post for a week.

We do notice if certain regulars are missing, you do get the pattern if they are just passing, but most people do tend to stick around, I did a quick count earlier, around 100 - 150 core posters, if someone asks a couple of questions then goes we do not notice, if someone posts a couple of hundred messages in general chat we notice if they stop posting.

No elitism suggested meant or implied

Martin_1962

« Reply #17 on: 22 May 2007, 22:16:10 »

There is a form of elitism on this forum, but you earn it by posting.

Star count and post count ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 May 2007, 22:25:39 »

Whether intend, or even if it exists (and I genuinely believe it doesn't), it make appear that way to some.

Keeping all members entirely equal, and having no special 'VIP' forums, no subscriptions etc prevents any one member having a higher 'importance'.

Only exception is the small admin team, who, even here, have an important job ensuring everything runs sweetly. Obviously, elevated permissions are required for this, and we do have an area to discuss running issues.  Though, I in no way consider myself more important than a newbie with a single post, and I'm sure LB66, MDTM or AA feel any different.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2007, 22:25:55 by TheBoy »
Grumpy old man

Nickbat

« Reply #19 on: 22 May 2007, 23:17:53 »

For regulars yes

No it is not a form of elitism - they are just the members someone would miss if they didn't post for a week.

We do notice if certain regulars are missing, you do get the pattern if they are just passing, but most people do tend to stick around, I did a quick count earlier, around 100 - 150 core posters, if someone asks a couple of questions then goes we do not notice, if someone posts a couple of hundred messages in general chat we notice if they stop posting.

Martin,

If you could handle a spreadsheet, those who are interested could PM you with their contact numbers. It would then have nothing to do with the forum officially.

For example, I could PM you with my details on the understanding that you would be free to give it out to any OOF members who request the details in a PM to you, at your discretion.

This would be a private arrangement purely between you and those members who sent you their details. No eltism and no legal comebacks and entirely unofficial.

An arrangement binding in honour only, as they say.

Your a trustworthy type, (so I'm led to believe.  ;) ), so would you be up for it?

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 May 2007, 23:38:19 »

For regulars yes

Martin,

If you could handle a spreadsheet, those who are interested could PM you with their contact numbers. It would then have nothing to do with the forum officially.

For example, I could PM you with my details on the understanding that you would be free to give it out to any OOF members who request the details in a PM to you, at your discretion.

This would be a private arrangement purely between you and those members who sent you their details. No eltism and no legal comebacks and entirely unofficial.

Your a trustworthy type, (so I'm led to believe.  ;) ), so would you be up for it?

Only flaw being - if something happened to Martin, and one of us needed his contact details ;D

Martin_1962

« Reply #21 on: 22 May 2007, 23:43:18 »

I am but PM would very soon over fill so use it carefully, unless the admins make my inbox bigger.

I'll set up a simple database and I will share it with the admins.

Martin_1962

« Reply #22 on: 22 May 2007, 23:44:35 »

For regulars yes

Martin,

Only flaw being - if something happened to Martin, and one of us needed his contact details ;D

It's OK you have mine, I know a few other members have one of my many email addresses

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 May 2007, 23:46:38 »

I am but PM would very soon over fill so use it carefully, unless the admins make my inbox bigger.

The thing is, they may not want the information (it might make the arrangement more official etc)... and we don't want to be answerable to the DPA etc.......

Martin_1962

« Reply #24 on: 22 May 2007, 23:48:57 »

The thing is, they may not want the information (it might make the arrangement more official etc)... and we don't want to be answerable to the DPA etc.......

Fair enough - I'll look after the info. but leave a copy with you if OK

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 May 2007, 01:20:57 »

All members will have a private email address that was used to register on this suite, and the admins have access to it....

So not sure a central register on mobiles is really needed. Of course if Martin wants to do this there is no problem with that, but this is done on voluntary basis both ways.

Going back to TD - perhaps one of the admins can email him to private email address asking him if all is well...?

Alas, no more Omegas....

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 May 2007, 06:51:58 »

All members will have a private email address that was used to register on this suite, and the admins have access to it....

So not sure a central register on mobiles is really needed. Of course if Martin wants to do this there is no problem with that, but this is done on voluntary basis both ways.

Going back to TD - perhaps one of the admins can email him to private email address asking him if all is well...?

The only problem as I see it, if he's reading his e-mails, he would be on the forum.

I reckon somethings happened to him.
I like red cars

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 May 2007, 09:08:22 »

although his last post was 14th may, he was apparently logged in to the forum last night at around quarter past 7

Martin_1962

« Reply #28 on: 23 May 2007, 09:29:18 »

Happy to do it I will store it on my home PC.

Forum Name
Real Name
Email
Contact Phone
Why someone can contact*
Who can contact#

* eg - haven't heard from for one month.
# eg Admins, anyone, short list of people, anyone from same town ect ect

Nickbat

« Reply #29 on: 23 May 2007, 11:08:31 »

Happy to do it I will store it on my home PC.

Forum Name
Real Name
Email
Contact Phone
Why someone can contact*
Who can contact#

* eg - haven't heard from for one month.
# eg Admins, anyone, short list of people, anyone from same town ect ect

PM sent :y
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.