Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What's happened to TD?  (Read 4226 times)

Taxi_Driver

Re: What's happened to TD?
« Reply #45 on: 23 May 2007, 19:58:30 »

although his last post was 14th may, he was apparently logged in to the forum last night at around quarter past 7

....but managed to miss this thread?

maybe he's just on holiday?  :o

I've PM'd him.

And ive replied to AA's PM

Bloody BT  >:(

So back to annoy you all now  :D ;D

Now we know you're OK, you can s*d off again, we haven't missed you ;)

;D ;D

;D

Havent you fixed your airbag sensor prob yet!

I fixed the exhaust manifold prob on mine.....did it yesterday.....nice and quiet now when cold  :y

Only took me 3 weeks to get round to it  ;D

But now i have another prob  :(

After doing the job....started it after 3 weeks standing and yes it started, not even a flat battery which i was 1/2 expecting.....but absolutely no lpg in it....3 weeks ago it had 1/2 tank  :o

Took it to lpg installer who did a 'wet test' on it and found a leak on the tank  :o :(

So its booked in to them next thursday/friday for fixing the leak.

Its probably been leaking for ages  :o But driving it day to day you wouldnt really notice the leak....but after 3 weeks 1/2 tank had vanished!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 23 May 2007, 21:03:56 »

although his last post was 14th may, he was apparently logged in to the forum last night at around quarter past 7

I've PM'd him.

;D ;D

;D

I fixed the exhaust manifold prob on mine.....did it yesterday.....nice and quiet now when cold  :y

After doing the job....started it after 3 weeks standing and yes it started, not even a flat battery which i was 1/2 expecting.....but absolutely no lpg in it....3 weeks ago it had 1/2 tank  :o

Took it to lpg installer who did a 'wet test' on it and found a leak on the tank  :o :(

Its probably been leaking for ages  :o But driving it day to day you wouldnt really notice the leak....but after 3 weeks 1/2 tank had vanished!
Sure I read recently from Martin Imber that the gas does leak over time anyway, but 3 weeks is obviously excessive...
Grumpy old man

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #47 on: 23 May 2007, 21:16:01 »

'Wet test' is really a aerisol of water and soap they spray over all the joints.....one of the connections to the tank....bubbled...indicating a leak...however its not dangerous.....coz lpg is heavier than air...and where my tank is suituated (under the boot floor) i have air vents fitted in the spare wheel well.....so the escaping gas just goes out these vents

Martin_1962

« Reply #48 on: 23 May 2007, 21:18:29 »

I've PM'd him.

;D ;D

;D

Sure I read recently from Martin Imber that the gas does leak over time anyway, but 3 weeks is obviously excessive...

1/4 tank over 6 months - I think it is past a solenoid

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #49 on: 23 May 2007, 21:41:07 »

I've PM'd him.

;D ;D

;D

1/4 tank over 6 months - I think it is past a solenoid

Yes it is....a solenoid.....screwed into the tank is leaking on its threaded bit....lpg installer said to run it outa gas again.....then they have to vent the tank.....which takes time coz they're not allowed to release the gas all at once (even empty there will be still some gas in there) .....removed the soleniod....repaste the thread and reinsert it.....could be summat i could do....but they found the leak.....so leaving it for them to do.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #50 on: 24 May 2007, 20:08:10 »

Still no sign, been a week now :(

Just made me recall, I still have his torque wrench from Brackley.

TD, get on here ;D

Ah yes....so you do  ;D

Was thinking about that when tightening up the exhaust manifold nuts.......sure they must have a torque value.....but i just did em up tight.....then went round em again....and just for the fun of it a 3rd time.

Are you going to the Lakes James? If so can you bring it with you please  :y
« Last Edit: 24 May 2007, 20:09:12 by Taxi_Driver »

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 24 May 2007, 20:15:32 »

Still no sign, been a week now :(

Just made me recall, I still have his torque wrench from Brackley.

TD, get on here ;D

Ah yes....so you do  ;D

Was thinking about that when tightening up the exhaust manifold nuts.......sure they must have a torque value.....but i just did em up tight.....then went round em again....and just for the fun of it a 3rd time.

Are you going to the Lakes James? If so can you bring it with you please  :y

Should be - Will do :y
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.