Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: difference between 3.0 elite and 3.0 mv6  (Read 2648 times)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: difference between 3.0 elite and 3.0 mv6
« Reply #15 on: 01 January 2010, 20:43:54 »

trouble is with the torpedo tank is if it goes behind the passenger seat it means I cannot use luggage space
cannot fold seats down ect
admittedly shorter range but tomtom is quite good at finds lpg stations and if needed could always use petrol

ken

Another idea would be to have a towbar fitted. I did this so I could use a trailer to carry my camping gear/holiday stuff in to leave the boot not needing to much stuff :y as I am contemplating having gas too :y
« Last Edit: 01 January 2010, 20:44:22 by Loo-knee »
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

idwal

• telscombe cliffs near brighton
    • Mv6 estate (2000) Lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 January 2010, 20:52:50 »

the car I am looking at does have a tow bar and at present I do use a trailer on holiday but that is extra to the boot space.   Also if I have something long I cannot fold rear seats down to use space  - I suppose it depends on which is more important

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 January 2010, 21:04:32 »

the car I am looking at does have a tow bar and at present I do use a trailer on holiday but that is extra to the boot space.   Also if I have something long I cannot fold rear seats down to use space  - I suppose it depends on which is more important

I also bought some detachable roofbars which the biggest roofbox possible fastens onto, as you can imagine living with three women is needed ;D ;D ;D

I aren't trying to get you to buy an LPG kit here just ideas I had :y
« Last Edit: 01 January 2010, 21:05:21 by Loo-knee »
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

idwal

• telscombe cliffs near brighton
    • Mv6 estate (2000) Lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 January 2010, 21:11:36 »

I would luv to buy a kit and fit myself but I am just about able to change wheel and possible change plugs/leads
that is my level so I dont want to mess a nice car up just to save a few hundred quid

ken
also cannot get any more on roof once I have tied
mother-in-law on.

feeutfo

« Reply #19 on: 02 January 2010, 04:23:40 »

I would luv to buy a kit and fit myself but I am just about able to change wheel and possible change plugs/leads
that is my level so I dont want to mess a nice car up just to save a few hundred quid

ken
also cannot get any more on roof once I have tied
mother-in-law on.
imo it would be far better to grease the palm of a knowledgable member here to install rather than risk a proffesional or esp a dealer. Too many horror stories.

Re tank, as i have a donut tank i would always encourage as big a capacity as possible, which means a cylinder along the back seats, unless you use the through space regulaly or need all of what must be one of the biggest boots on any saloon.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 January 2010, 20:02:19 »

Ah, you CAN fit donut tanks to Omegas! Always wondered why don't seem to see them.

Re the bigger tank: Anyone else seen the revised Monaros (6.0l, i think) had its fuel tank moved to INSIDE the boot. Something to do with the Pontiac version having to meet yank safety laws.

Even with all that bootspace robbed, Omegas still have decent sized boots!
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 January 2010, 21:20:06 »

In the saloon you lose about 1/3rd of the boot, and the access to the "ski door" so long things no longer fit. You have to decide just how often you actually use the whole boot.

I have an 80 litre tank in mine so we have a 100 litre roof box for the times we need the extra space.

Other than holidays the only time I have missed the space is the 3 monthly run to the cash & carry. It's not worth putting the trailer on, or the roof box just for that .. so the back seat gets a load of bags on it !!!

I never put the "tip" stuff in the car anyhow, so the trailer has always done that.

Simple maths ... petrol 110.9 a litre = £5.03 a gall at 23 mpg works out at around 22 pence /mile

LPG at 53.9 a litre = £2.45 a gall at 18 mpg works out at 13 pence a mile

So a saving of 9 p on every mile .. and thats at the pre VAT rise prices  :)

Saves me £100 a month and I only do around 1000 mile a month

:)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.