Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: LPG kit prices  (Read 20616 times)

cube

• Leeds
    • View Profile
Re: LPG kit prices
« Reply #105 on: 15 January 2011, 15:41:48 »

Sooo reading between the lines, is there someone who's up to fitting lpg for me, :-? me helping/making coffee etc etc and getting in the way  :o  ;D

Cheers
 :y
2.2 petrol GLS estate

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 15 January 2011, 17:12:06 »

not too fused, go on the mileage really  :y
Is that because you forgot to buy the usb cable ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 15 January 2011, 17:14:15 »

Not sure how correct a thought this is, but us it wise to go bigger than 80ltr tank without self levelling? Which we have obviously? But not in your mv6. Does that make any odds or are you thinking if binning sl shocks?
The thought had crossed my mind.

Kevin Wood has a 90l doesn't he? Or did I make that bit up.

Elite suspension - no decision made yet...
Grumpy old man

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 15 January 2011, 21:06:49 »

Remember I have a large garage here for room for 4-8 vehicles, plus it's fairly central to most parties in this thread  :y

Seems like we could sort out a production line, maybe?

Plus I can sort overnight accom for pennies too :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 15 January 2011, 21:57:24 »

Remember I have a large garage here for room for 4-8 vehicles, plus it's fairly central to most parties in this thread  :y

Seems like we could sort out a production line, maybe?

Plus I can sort overnight accom for pennies too :y

Only trouble with that (although a great idea) is that, should the worst happen again, TB's car is stranded there and one of us (would make sense for it to be me) would need to run him home.

As for a production line... Can't see it being much benefit. More than about 3/4 people just means that you can take it in turns to do bits too
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 15 January 2011, 21:59:28 »

Not sure how correct a thought this is, but us it wise to go bigger than 80ltr tank without self levelling? Which we have obviously? But not in your mv6. Does that make any odds or are you thinking if binning sl shocks?

Yes, you made it up ::) I've got the 90L.

My vote would always be for the 80L tank as it just seems to go in so well... I had to drill new holes in the frame to mount mine and even after over an hour of measuring didn't manage to get them all in the right places :-X

feeutfo

« Reply #111 on: 15 January 2011, 22:36:57 »

My vote would always be for the 80L tank as it just seems to go in so well... I had to drill new holes in the frame to mount mine and even after over an hour of measuring didn't manage to get them all in the right places :-X
I had to ovalise TB's a bit to get the frame to line up. But what he doesn't know won't hurt him.  :-X:D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 15 January 2011, 23:09:00 »

I had to ovalise TB's a bit to get the frame to line up. But what he doesn't know won't hurt him.  :-X:D

We'll make that our little secret! :-X :-X ::) ::) :D :D

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 16 January 2011, 00:15:07 »

I am still very much of the 'will I, wont I' mode.....   :-/

It could certainly save a few squids on weekly running, thats for sure, but thats assuming that the deed is done over a short period of time and, perhaps more importantly, set up properly on completion.

Would probably be game for a trip southwards with some fettling beforehand to reduce work times, given that it would be very labour intensive over a weekend, say....

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 16 January 2011, 00:25:25 »

It could certainly save a few squids on weekly running, thats for sure, but thats assuming that the deed is done over a short period of time and, perhaps more importantly, set up properly on completion.

Would probably be game for a trip southwards with some fettling beforehand to reduce work times, given that it would be very labour intensive over a weekend, say....

If you can get the tank and filler fitted in advance, a weekend is easily doable. Do I recall correctly that you've got a shin breaker?

Anyway... I'm going to try and get a price nailed down for a front end kit this week, then it's just various tank options to finalise price.

So far it looks like there are 2 definite and 2-3 possibles. Average saving is around 10p/mile, perhaps slightly less now. I would imagine that most people would be able to pay back the initial outlay on a DIY kit in under 10k miles.

feeutfo

« Reply #115 on: 16 January 2011, 00:28:44 »

If we could get some inlet manifolds drilled/fitted with nozzles and pipes then sealed off so the car is useable that would save alot of time on the day(s) prior to fitting other gubbins. Most of us know how to strip the top end down to that level....? Easy to do on a weekend. Maybe mount the tank next weekend then connect up the loom/fuel system and commission at the meet.

Tbh I had extra stuff tied up out the way under my bonnet for weeks.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 16 January 2011, 00:31:48 »

Yup, got a shinbreaker....   :-[

Would also be lifting the rear floor with wood/marine ply to getbthe best volume as possible with a wheel well tank.  Hound just lives in the rear now, without a crate, so height is less of an issue.

Would be interested in the kit price so watching with interest....   ;)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 16 January 2011, 00:38:28 »

..... and may have to replace the self levelling kit as well, given the extra weights involved and the lowered suspension.

Was 3 up today and, after a trip to Makro and Ikea, car was kinda dragging its harris and the fixed hook was making its presence known on the speed humps....  ::)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 16 January 2011, 00:41:24 »

Yup, got a shinbreaker....   :-[

Would also be lifting the rear floor with wood/marine ply to getbthe best volume as possible with a wheel well tank.  Hound just lives in the rear now, without a crate, so height is less of an issue.

Would be interested in the kit price so watching with interest....   ;)

Probably a blessing... Makes a very convenient place for the filler without cutting any holes anywhere ;)

As for raising the floor... Not essential it's done before everything is fitted, could just drop the tank in and take the "lid" off the wheel well in the mean time :-/

Must admit, I'm still looking (albeit half-heartedly) for a late estate with all the toys for me ::)

Other option I considered, although much more expensive and more visible, is a twin tank setup, mounted either side in the boot :-/ But that was to avoid raising the floor. ISTR that raising the floor 40mm (ish) would get a 77(?), possibly 72L tank so should be 250+ mile range.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 16 January 2011, 00:44:08 »

..... and may have to replace the self levelling kit as well, given the extra weights involved and the lowered suspension.

Was 3 up today and, after a trip to Makro and Ikea, car was kinda dragging its harris and the fixed hook was making its presence known on the speed humps....  ::)

I would recommend it in that case, especially as the tank will be completely behind the rear axle. Mind you, that's something you can do in advance :y

I would suggest that, if you go for it, you sort the suspension, have the kit fitted etc and visit WIM on the way back up to get it all set up again ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.