Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: F/S Various Omega's  (Read 3660 times)

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
F/S Various Omega's
« on: 02 March 2010, 22:54:47 »

Sale by tender, all offers will be put forward to the hotel group who own these vehicles.

2001 '51' Elite 3.2 Estate, 109k miles. Black with black leather, NCDC 2013 with GID. Damage to N/S wing.

2004 '53' CDX 2.2 DTI estate, 83k miles. Black with black leather. CCR 2006, damage to tailgate and rear bumper.

2003 '03' Elite 2.2 DTI saloon, 49k miles. Black with shadow grey leather. NCDC 2013 with GID, no damage.

None have tax, all have 12 months MOT.
These vehicles are not at my premises, photo's will be uploaded when received.
No cambelt history (3.2) or service history is available with any of the vehicles, so please make your offer accordingly.
Full V5C's are here, and two keys for each vehicle along with current MOT certificate. All currently on private plates, once back to original plates I will be able to supply registration.

Bumbazor

• Worksop
    • View Profile
Re: F/S Various Omega's
« Reply #1 on: 02 March 2010, 23:56:13 »

Is the 3.2 auto or manual? (I assume auto...)
To do: Replace brake discs and pads; adjust already replaced shoes; check for leaks in oil cooler, cambelt area, crank seals, sump, dipstick; replace osf door; replace a tyre; clean, MOT.

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 March 2010, 23:58:30 »

It is indeed an auto  :y

Bumbazor

• Worksop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 March 2010, 00:15:13 »

Do you know how soon these will be available?
To do: Replace brake discs and pads; adjust already replaced shoes; check for leaks in oil cooler, cambelt area, crank seals, sump, dipstick; replace osf door; replace a tyre; clean, MOT.

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 March 2010, 00:17:36 »

Effectively from now, photo's should be tomorrow or the following day. Two are loacted in Scotland, and the other in Cornwall, so they shall be transported to me asap.

Bumbazor

• Worksop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 March 2010, 00:27:02 »

Ok, thanks. As a matter of interest where in Oxford will they be when ready?

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 March 2010, 17:46:57 »

They will be in Kidlington, which is four miles from Oxford city centre.

2004 '53' CDX 2.2 DTI estate, 83k miles. Black with black leather. CCR 2006, damage to tailgate and rear bumper Now sold

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 March 2010, 19:12:00 »

2001 '51' Elite 3.2 Estate, 109k miles. Black with black leather, NCDC 2013 with GID. Damage to N/S wing  Now sold

Bumbazor

• Worksop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 March 2010, 19:41:38 »

Damn, and I was going to offer on the 3.2 but was waiting for pictures...

guncharmer

• York
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 March 2010, 20:10:32 »

Bit peculiar asking for tenders,awaiting photos(only way of assessing damage in my case) and 2 sold already.Sounds like the cars have a set price and if its reached they are sold.In which case,how much for the last one? Or have i got it wrong and they have been sold before they got to you?

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 March 2010, 20:24:53 »

Tender is not really a peculair way of selling, it's common place by companies and cerain public bodies. I am selling other vehicles on thier behalf...they typically acheive a greater price than auction.
The vehicles are not in my custody as a trader, I find buyers and they purchase from the comapny owner, I get a fee for each vehicle sold, no matter what they sell for. Any offer is submitted to the company for their consideration, they accept or decline...it's not my decision. However, I don't know what the set prices are.
Photographs give a good indication, but both vehicles had the purchasers view the vehicle in person, make an offer and in both cases the offers were accepted.
The 3.2 estate sold for £1250.

guncharmer

• York
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 March 2010, 21:07:33 »

Thanks for the reply,can see how the sales are operating(not strictly tender as wouldn`t that suggest a closing time/date and the highest tender normally being accepted). And yet putting in an offer is `tendering`.Anyway,splitting hairs.Handy enough for a buyer to be happy with their offer and have it accepted though , yet they will always have a nagging doubt they may have got it for less.

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04 March 2010, 21:15:27 »

I agree with you guncharmer, not strictly tender, and personally I don't think it's the best way to do it. But my instructions were clear,and that's the way they wanted to do it. I would have preferred to sell them normally, advertise them at a price I thought was cheap enough to attract potential purchasers, but high enough to maximise the potential.
I explained that to them, but they wanted it this way  ;D
And your last point is a very valid, good one to make. For example you could put an offer in for £1500 and think you were getting it cheap enough, when the company would have been happy with £1200.
This isn't going to be a regular occurence, sale by tender, just on this occasion.
I note you're looking for a 3.2 MV6 estate, is that correct?

guncharmer

• York
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 March 2010, 22:02:57 »

It is certainly not incorrect,estate or saloon, 3.2 MV6,ideally sunroof and leather,do not dislike the fabric and very impressed with the recaro seat type and have i suffered leather in a hot summer so know the downsides.
Have been off trying to value the 03 dti elite  and contemplating putting in a low tender in the pursuit of profit! Decided that with my luck even if it was accepted the diesel pump would destroy itself on the drive home!
Currently got a petrol blue metallic,like the colour and strangely pleased with how it looks when splattered in mud.Theres a 3.2MV6 estate on pistonheads at the moment in burgundy and have to say the colour comes over very well(too many miles though).I need a towbar but dont want to buy a car thats got one !,unless the owner was like me and tows a small trailer to the tip 3 or 4 times a year.
« Last Edit: 04 March 2010, 22:04:42 by guncharmer »

guncharmer

• York
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04 March 2010, 22:14:58 »

I will add that although i normally swear by auto`s a few bits of rapid driving recently in my MV6 auto had me realising how much better it would have been in a manual and at times i was having to back off as i didn`t have the control and there is a big difference when you find the engine revs are suddenly at 3500 when you wanted 5500 and full drive.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.