Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks for the welcome!  (Read 749 times)

BigAl_Scorpio

• South Yorkshire
    • View Profile
Thanks for the welcome!
« on: 08 July 2007, 23:23:37 »

Hi again, and thanks for the warm welcome, need all the warmth we can get in Rotherham hehehe
Anyway hope some of you owners can help me, I'm getting confused with mates telling me about different models and such!
The thing is I would love to own an Omega, but I would also like to be able to go further than I did in my Scorpio, mileage wise I mean!

Now I have mates telling me that the DTi is much worse than the TDi :-/ and that the diesels in the Omega's are poor units, others are telling me that they are okay so long as its the 2.5 and so on. To be honest I thought I knew what I wanted and it was all simple, I wanted an Omega Elite Diesel, didn't realise there were variants and good or bad ones, so if you can help with any advice for a Vauxhall Virgin ( apart from a VX490 about 25 years ago ) then I would be all ears.

BTW I wanted an Elite for Memory Seats, Air Con and Cruise Control above all else, but none of the other goodies would go unappreciated, and since test driving an Omega I think I'm in love again, just like when I first tried a Scorpio, but with even more toys, I didn't think it was possible. 8-)

So like I said, any advice will be eagerly awaited, after all if you guys don't know whats best! ;)

Thanks again for the welcome and in advance for the advice.............BigAl
The seals went on my Scorpio :(
But then again 3 feet of water will do that!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks for the welcome!
« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2007, 20:20:36 »

Welcome to the site :)

Sounds like you want an Elite if you want memory seats :).  As to climate control, all facelifts have this, as to all post 95 CDX and Elites.

The 2.5TD is a bit gutless in standard trim, but can be chipped up a bit.  If its an automatic, it is likely the gearbox will fail, due to Vx fitting the weker of the 2 gearboxes in the TD.  The engine itself is the 2.5 straight 6 BMW unit. I personally think the engine is overrated, and is thought to be good purely because its BMW.  Reasonable economy on runs, but woeful around town (to the point that my 3.0l auto MV6 is probably not far behind mpg wise around town).  Heavy engine is noticable handling wise if you've driven petrol ones.

2.2DTi is a straight 4, so lacks the smoothness of the 6cyl TD. Only available in manual, and only available from about 2001.
Grumpy old man

geoff

• thornaby,stockton on tees
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks for the welcome!
« Reply #2 on: 09 July 2007, 20:21:07 »

hello and welocme :y :y :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.