Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Goodyear F1 all round  (Read 2451 times)

jules

• Intermediate Member
  • Edinburgh
  • Woke up this morning a post whore
    • View Profile
Re: Goodyear F1 all round
« Reply #15 on: 13 December 2007, 12:29:20 »

I wouldn't have anything other than F1's on the Hundy, I get about 15K on a set.

IMO they are the work out the grippiest tyres for the best money.

The hundy has 180 brake at the rear wheels and no TC etc, so I need all the help I can get  8-)

At the moment I'm undecided on whether I'll use them on the Omega as I don't intend hard driving.
Hotel21 wrote 'Its doubtfull in the extreme if it is the head gasket at fault.  If it were burning 5 litres per week the car would leave a smokescreen behind it!'

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 December 2007, 16:15:40 »

Vredesteins are always highly rated, even without taking into account the price compared to Michelins and the like.
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Martin_1962

« Reply #17 on: 13 December 2007, 17:01:45 »

The Magazine is Powercar.

the test was between,
Continental Sport Contact 3, Dunlop SP Sportmaxx, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric, Hankook Ventus S1 Evo,
Michelin Pilot Sports 2, Pirelli P Zero Nero, Toyo Proxes T1 R, Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta.

the test was aquaplaning, braking, driving safety, cornering, slalom, comfort...

Vredestein were the overall winner.

I don't like Vredestein

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 December 2007, 00:56:49 »

the Goody F1 is one of the best performance tyres you can get, but be warned they are soft tyres and if you get more than 10K out of them on a miggy they you will doing well

As low as 10k?? WOW!

I chewed through a set in 6k miles in my Impreza... and that was all 4 tyres wearing almost identically with it being AWD.

They are very good tyres, I prefer Bridgestone S-02s although they too are soft and they're hard to come by now (superceeded by S-03s). It's all a trade-off between grip and wear rate, cost and performance etc. Personally I don't rate Continentals, they are often fitted as OEM but there are much better performing tyres out there IME. Likewise with Pirellis, had some real scary moments in the wet with P-Zeros in the past, which is incredible considering they're fitted to some real high performance cars as OE.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15 December 2007, 10:10:55 »

Well, after a few hundred miles with the SP Sportmaxxs on the front I've got so say I'm not that impressed. It wanders a bit on these whereas the SP2000Es that I had on before (allegedly superceded according to tyre outfit, but probably just out of stock) were rock solid.

I've yet to check how much air the tyre place put in them. Probably got about 45 PSI in them at the moment  ::)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

The Cambelt Kid

• Derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 15 December 2007, 18:10:42 »

This morning i didcovered that all 4 of my tyres were screwed!! Arrghhh  :(

So rather that spend over 400 notes just days before xmas, i decided to splash out £200 on a set of facelift Elite alloys and tyres from MegaVaux.  All four of them were Mitchelin Prem's with x3 alloys in mint condition, one was a little scratched up though.  Tread was 6mm on all of the tyres, so should be ok until middle of 2008  ;D

Not too sure if i prefer teh elite alloys to MV6 ones, but should be ok for now!

What's the gen on elite 17's, are they the prefered choice for Omegas?

Cheers for your input!

Marc (With a pretend Elite for now!)
[size=18]Project LP6 has landed![/size]
[size=12]DIY LPG now finally complete!! Whoo hoo.[/size]

Mike_T

• Trimley Nr Felixstowe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 15 December 2007, 18:58:00 »

Hi, Tyres are a nightmare but better to pay a little more and be safe, I had 4-225/55R16 95V Kumho's fitted at 62,230 and have now just had an MOT at 78,569miles and they all have 3mm left.
I had all 4 wheels set up with laser alignment when the tyres were fitted and it seams to have paid off, no doubt the the firm that did it were spot on. (hard to find these days)
The cost of the 4 tyres was 437.84 fitted and balanced including the wheel alignment.
Hope this helps !
Mike.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.