Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fleabay - Genuine Exhaust?  (Read 3541 times)

less

• Hemel Hempstead
    • 2.6 auto saloon
    • View Profile
Fleabay - Genuine Exhaust?
« on: 19 January 2008, 23:56:49 »

Evening guys
I need to renew both middle sections of my exhaust system. (With a little effort I can probably salvage the rear box as it is much younger than the rest of the system). I have been quoted £265 for the parts from the local stealers.
Whilst browsing on ebay I came across the following ad - number 220192009865 (Sorry, I couldn't seem to copy the url as a link!)

(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220192009865&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D220192009865%26fvi%3D1)

Can anybody advise me if this is a genuine Vauxhall/Opel part or a pattern? Seems a good price if it is.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
Re: Fleabay - Genuine Exhaust?
« Reply #1 on: 19 January 2008, 23:58:52 »

Im almost positive it wont be a genuine one :(
Retired

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 January 2008, 23:59:45 »

Would think it will be  apattern part.  I will get the part numbers you need as well as prices of gen VX (much better quality and better noise) and post shortly.....

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 January 2008, 00:01:54 »

that will not be a GM system for that sort of money......

that wouldn't buy you a good used on to be honest, but for the money it will do the job, most people report that non gen system are a little louder than the genuine one

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 January 2008, 00:05:33 »

2.5/2.6/3.0/3.2 saloon centre section right hand - 93181162 - retail £112.00 normal trade £95.26 trade club £71.22

2.5/2.6/3.0/3.2 saloon centre section left hand - 93181157 - retail £109.00 normal trade £92.76 trade club £69.18

2.5/2.6 saloon from 2000 silencer box and tail pipes - 9157100 - £107 retail £86.02 normal trade £64.96 trade club.

All plus VAT.

This from a previous list, now superceded, so prices subject to change.

Would suggest genuine, not pattern.  You will be dissappointed otherwise.....   :y

less

• Hemel Hempstead
    • 2.6 auto saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 January 2008, 00:06:07 »

Agreed, I tried Kwik-fit system on a Senator a few years ago - never again! It completely changed the sound of the car and was noisy too. have always gone for genuine since. They last better too!

less

• Hemel Hempstead
    • 2.6 auto saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 January 2008, 00:16:12 »

Thanks Hotel21 for both part numbers and prices. A good guide even if they have changed a bit. I will definitely go for GM.

iggy21uk

• Omega Knight
  • Berkhamsted - Herts
  • Omega Spotter -  tats gone tanning
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 January 2008, 01:06:23 »

I'm in Berkhamsted and have a Trade  Club [MIG] Card  from 2007 [waiting on new card] so might be able to get bits at TC prices  from  local VX dealers if you don't have a card.
« Last Edit: 20 January 2008, 01:08:10 by iggy21uk »
[size=10]Opelscanner Can owner / Cam lock kit owner [/size] [/i][/b]

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 January 2008, 03:45:17 »

Anyone had a custom stainless system fitted, out of interest? I'm considering it at some point in the next year, for longevity, added shinyness, and a bit more noise when I really, um, open the taps... but still civilised for a motorway cruise or shopping trip...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 January 2008, 10:44:14 »

Agreed, I tried Kwik-fit system on a Senator a few years ago - never again! It completely changed the sound of the car and was noisy too. have always gone for genuine since. They last better too!

Agreed. I have 2 Omegas, a 2.2 with a GM zorst, and a 2.5V6 with a Pattern.

The 2.2 is smoother and quiter, and is a much more refined car. It should be the other way around.

I fitted GM Cat back on my 2.2 for £220!

Cost me £200 for the bits, and paid local guy £20 to fit it.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 January 2008, 10:45:27 »

also  the GM zorst on my 2.2 when i bought it, was the oringal one!

It lasted 6 years and 95k.... so thought i would get another!  :D

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
« Reply #11 on: 20 January 2008, 11:56:14 »

I have a full exhaust for a 2.5/3.0 v6 centre boxes are pattern but back box is genuine...not sure if it will fit a 2.2 facelift?? But if it does and if your interested then only wanting £60 :)
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 January 2008, 12:23:19 »

I bought one of these exhausts off this chap for my car a few months ago. price is an issue to me as the old (original ) exhaust takes a beating from rocks and those wretched speed humps that are everywhere here.

It is a mixed bag.

First the good news. Despite obviously being pattern systems they fit OK and come with all the fixings. Sound wise mine is better than the old one that was full of holes.. Mine was only £69 plus postage at 16 euros. I see he has put the price up quite a lot (in steps) since then. The item was posted out when he said it would be, with a postal tracking system he advised me of. It arrived at Granada city promptly. The local deliverer didn't even bother trying to find us and just put "house couldn't be found!" on screen. I had to ring them and explain where our house is. To their credit they came immediately later that same day.

On the not so good side the system looked like a "reject" as it had had an oversize sleeve and flange welded onto one pipe for the join to the downpipe. Perfectly serviceable under normal circumstances but a problem for me as I had (perhaps foolishly) had my flanges sawn off and a section of pipe welded on to the downpipes as an emergency repair a couple of years ago following an encounter with the biggest speedhump you have ever seen.

The cheapest I could get here locally was a Bosal equivalent without fixings for 510 euros!! Opel price was more. No trade club card here.

varche
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 January 2008, 15:15:23 »

Anyone had a custom stainless system fitted, out of interest? I'm considering it at some point in the next year, for longevity, added shinyness, and a bit more noise when I really, um, open the taps... but still civilised for a motorway cruise or shopping trip...

you will find you can have one or the either.......but not both.....
you can have sporty or quiet, some companies will offer a compromise, but then you will find anything more than a light throttle will generate noise, and dependent on the revs can sometime generate a droning noise.

Be careful of some of the exhaust manufacturers, there are some that will make the exhaust out of stainless and then use mild steel fo the hangers (what they don't tell you is that the hangers don come inder the warranty  >:( )

theowletman

• Chester-le-street, Co. Durham
  • Mines a pint !
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 January 2008, 19:06:36 »

you will find you can have one or the either.......but not both.....
you can have sporty or quiet, some companies will offer a compromise, but then you will find anything more than a light throttle will generate noise, and dependent on the revs can sometime generate a droning noise.

Be careful of some of the exhaust manufacturers, there are some that will make the exhaust out of stainless and then use mild steel fo the hangers (what they don't tell you is that the hangers don come inder the warranty  >:( )

Exactly right Sir Jay, I fitted a non GM cat and front pipe and I am now driving an Alfa sound a like, it fitted well, first time but you are spot on with the " droning ", its like having her indoors in the car permanently !!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.