Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.2 cam belt tensioner and roller torque setting?  (Read 277 times)

feeutfo

3.2 cam belt tensioner and roller torque setting?
« on: 11 October 2008, 11:32:34 »

as above, cant find them in the guide, have done tensioner backing plate to 40nm i got that.
I have done the rollers to 20 for now while i tensioned it and nipped up the tensioner. All ok with belt timing its cock on, its dead easy with the kit.
Whats "torsional vibration damper to toothed belt drive gear" by the way, its in torque value guide.
Ta

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: 3.2 cam belt tensioner and roller torque setting?
« Reply #1 on: 11 October 2008, 13:47:37 »

Whats "torsional vibration damper to toothed belt drive gear" by the way, its in torque value guide.
Ta

The crank shaft pulley that carries your polly V 'fan belt'. If you look at the pully, the centre bit is set in rubber nad acts as a damper between the actual crank shaft & the fan belt pully.

feeutfo

Re: 3.2 cam belt tensioner and roller torque setting?
« Reply #2 on: 11 October 2008, 15:06:07 »

Ta

The crank shaft pulley that carries your polly V 'fan belt'. If you look at the pully, the centre bit is set in rubber nad acts as a damper between the actual crank shaft & the fan belt pully.

Aha, thanks Andy.
All done now. All at 40nm except tensioner nut at 20nm. Did not do water pump.
Hope thats right?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.