Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: And another stupid bit of PC'ness!  (Read 2379 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
And another stupid bit of PC'ness!
« on: 18 December 2007, 17:15:30 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7149525.stm

Words to that song seemed fine for 20 years, but not so...  >:(

I wonder what they'd think of the lyrics in my "Kevin Bl00dy Wilson" collection? ::)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Paulus

• Wheaton Aston
  • Are you lookin' at me??? Punk???
    • View Profile
Re: And another stupid bit of PC'ness!
« Reply #1 on: 18 December 2007, 17:17:01 »

Stupid oopid...
Growing old disgracefully...

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 December 2007, 17:48:12 »

how completely backward of Radio 1......how PC do we have to get before someone shouts ENOUGH!!!

this song has been around for nearly 20 years and this is about the first time i have heard of something like this.

someone wants shooting

miggy

« Reply #3 on: 18 December 2007, 18:04:47 »

There are some real bone heads about, some pr"ck has sat at his desk with nothing to do and come up with that. What total dippys they are.

Pr"cks and utter Pr"cks

Martin_1962

miggy

« Reply #5 on: 18 December 2007, 18:09:11 »

Good, hope the Pr"ck who thought of it is on the streets at Xmas. >:( >:(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 December 2007, 18:53:50 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7149525.stm

Words to that song seemed fine for 20 years, but not so...  >:(

I wonder what they'd think of the lyrics in my "Kevin Bl00dy Wilson" collection? ::)
Kevin
Its that time of year when that classic album, Kev's Kristmas, gets an outing....
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 December 2007, 19:47:45 »

I might just have a rendition of "that rather cat's back" in a minute. Been back from work for an hour and the ruddy cat hasn't stopped pestering me >:(

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 December 2007, 21:11:30 »

OK, no offence meant to any of our younger members but these rules are made up by kids, fresh out of university, who think that they need to justify their existence by making up stupid and needless rules. They have this PC stuff rammed down their throat at every opportunity and as a result, it's no surprise that they come up with these stupid and ill conceived ideas.

Every organisation needs some sort of senior person to vet and review the work of the junior management. In the past that was the senior management team who would guide their juniors using their years of experience. I guess that the majority of the BBC senior management are also kids who are fresh out of university and also don't have the experience to make sound judgements.

It's shocking that the Controller of Radio One had to step in to end this piece of nonsense.
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

106rallye

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 December 2007, 13:25:04 »

OK, no offence meant to any of our younger members but these rules are made up by kids, fresh out of university, who think that they need to justify their existence by making up stupid and needless rules. They have this PC stuff rammed down their throat at every opportunity and as a result, it's no surprise that they come up with these stupid and ill conceived ideas.

Every organisation needs some sort of senior person to vet and review the work of the junior management. In the past that was the senior management team who would guide their juniors using their years of experience. I guess that the majority of the BBC senior management are also kids who are fresh out of university and also don't have the experience to make sound judgements.

It's shocking that the Controller of Radio One had to step in to end this piece of nonsense.

no offence taken ;), but imo its more to do to with all the sad people with no life who sit and listen to every word said on the radio/tv and call the station demading an apology and compensation because they heard someting that sounds like "stop comlaining u f*cking boring c*nts n get a life" and it offended them because they complain at least 10 times a day.
sideways is the way forward!

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #10 on: 19 December 2007, 15:26:07 »

...tell you what is offensive though that "thing" Shane MacGowan that sings the song  :( ...
« Last Edit: 19 December 2007, 15:26:32 by Markiec »
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 December 2007, 15:36:37 »

...tell you what is offensive though that "thing" Shane MacGowan that sings the song  :( ...

Yes, not going to win any work advertising Colgate......

Crazydad

• Omega Baron
  • Germany
    • 2.5 V6 facelift
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 December 2007, 15:39:48 »

Here Here old Boy :y :y

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 December 2007, 17:01:07 »

LOL tis well funny....

Was watching a bit of Ramsay's kitchen nightmares on TV yesterday just after seeing this on the news, and believe it or not chalked up on the menu of the restaurant was "pork faggots" ;D

I was tempted to phone up and complain, how dare they use a word like "pork" on the menu, might offend some of our muslim citizens ;)

stuart30

« Reply #14 on: 19 December 2007, 21:22:50 »

Well as far as im concerned all this politically correct bullshit started when things like homosexuality was classed as acceptable....before anyone starts jumping up and down getting in a tissey reading this,remeber up until about 20 odd years ago it was classed as breaking the law.

Since we started to accept such things as ""normal"" other things/people have jumped on the band wagon...the jolly wog on the jam jars (think it was jam) was seen as offensive....The classic film where Sir john mills calls his dog ""nigger"" is classed as offensive (despite no ill meaning being meant).

The list is endless and sadly it will continue to grow and grow until such time a government (or England wakes up and starts a movement like the ""peoples army"" and puts its own government in place) grows some balls and puts a bloody stop too all this nonsence,unfortunately before much longer people will be too damn frightened to say anything that isn't approved by said powers for fear of being punished in case they offend someone. ::)

Ahh what the hell none of this PC rubbish effects the Philippines so why should i care. ;D
« Last Edit: 19 December 2007, 21:24:03 by stuart30 »
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.