Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: World has gone even sillier  (Read 3253 times)

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: World has gone even sillier
« Reply #15 on: 05 February 2008, 19:51:14 »

Nick Ferrari said on the radio yesterday (London only) that he can't believe that some passengers from flight BA 0038 are suing BA for the trauma... and for having fear of flight due to the crash... and for the fact that they have been left standing on the runway for 20 minutes after evacuating the aircraft.
id rather be freezing for 20 mins than be dead. unbelievable
I would have sued.

Not for the wreck or any of that, but for how they treated the passengers after they got to the terminal. That was completely disgraceful. Until various organisations in the UK realise that they shouldn't treat people that way I will not be fully critical of ridiculous lawsuits.
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 February 2008, 20:32:55 »

Nick Ferrari said on the radio yesterday (London only) that he can't believe that some passengers from flight BA 0038 are suing BA for the trauma... and for having fear of flight due to the crash... and for the fact that they have been left standing on the runway for 20 minutes after evacuating the aircraft.
I would have sued.

Not for the wreck or any of that, but for how they treated the passengers after they got to the terminal. That was completely disgraceful. Until various organisations in the UK realise that they shouldn't treat people that way I will not be fully critical of ridiculous lawsuits.

Ah, you are confusing the issues here... that was for security reasons. After all, we mustn't forget the good old put-water-in-the-fuel-tanks-and-when-the-plane-crashlands-and-you-get-evacuated-smuggle-explosives-into-the -terminal!  >:(
« Last Edit: 05 February 2008, 20:33:19 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 February 2008, 20:41:22 »

I would have sued.

For the treatment they allegedly received in the terminal (no food and drink for hours, etc) I think you have a point. For the minutes after the accident the focus would quite correctly have been on ensuring everyone was safe. Inevitably those who were safe were not going to be waited on hand and foot until this had been confirmed.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 February 2008, 20:47:03 »

I would have sued.

For the treatment they allegedly received in the terminal (no food and drink for hours, etc) I think you have a point. For the minutes after the accident the focus would quite correctly have been on ensuring everyone was safe. Inevitably those who were safe were not going to be waited on hand and foot until this had been confirmed.

Kevin
Yeah, I'd be a grateful boy standing out in the cold!

Hours in the terminal, and then having to beg for money for a taxi home!?!  :o >:( >:(

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 February 2008, 20:51:20 »

I would have sued.

Kevin

Hours in the terminal, and then having to beg for money for a taxi home!?! :o >:( >:(

so .. just how were they going to get home if it HADN'T crashed ??? Walk ?? or did they think it was included in the ticket price ?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 February 2008, 20:52:59 »

Hours in the terminal, and then having to beg for money for a taxi home!?!

Well, that is crazy. Write off 200 million USD worth of aircraft and begrudge each of your survivors 100 quid for a cab ride. Let's face it, it's going to be a big insurance claim whatever happens.

Good job they crashed only a mile from their intended destination really.. I wonder if they'd have been expected to find their own way home if they'd only made it half way?

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 February 2008, 20:54:07 »

I would have sued.

Kevin

Hours in the terminal, and then having to beg for money for a taxi home!?! :o >:( >:(

so .. just how were they going to get home if it HADN'T crashed ??? Walk ?? or did they think it was included in the ticket price ?

Their wallets and keys were still in the plane with the rest of their bags!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 February 2008, 21:05:17 »

At least, for once, even BA knew where their bags were. :-X

Kevin

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05 February 2008, 21:10:50 »

Kevin
PMSL!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05 February 2008, 21:10:56 »

Kevin

...but I am sure they still managed to misplace a few bags on route from the wreck to the terminal!  ;D
Alas, no more Omegas....

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05 February 2008, 21:16:52 »

This Country definately has its priorities all wrong >:(
My Nanna is 86 and lives on her own now, her boiler has just gone and a new one is costing over a grand to replace....
In the paper today, one of our Asian Friends who has 4 wives will get an extra £10,000 benefits for them, a bigger house and help with Council Tax :o
I don't see how any of these people running this Country see how this is right and fair >:( >:( >:(

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=512043&in_page_id=1770

« Last Edit: 05 February 2008, 21:19:59 by Loo-knee »
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05 February 2008, 21:27:27 »

This Country definately has its priorities all wrong >:(
My Nanna is 86 and lives on her own now, her boiler has just gone and a new one is costing over a grand to replace....
In the paper today, one of our Asian Friends who has 4 wives will get an extra £10,000 benefits for them, a bigger house and help with Council Tax :o
I don't see how any of these people running this Country see how this is right and fair >:( >:( >:(

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=512043&in_page_id=1770

Is that why the Mormon church in the UK is in the news? I can't wait to see the benefit fraud investigations on this one. "Sir, are you honestly telling me that you married more than one woman at the same time by choice?"  ;D ;D ;D

amigov6

« Reply #27 on: 05 February 2008, 21:58:49 »

Dangerous pancakes? For breaks sake. What really gets me is that that those of us with proper jobs are paying for these pillocks in their non jobs to to come up with such bollix.
     Lemon juice & a sprinkle of Demerera on mine please!!!! ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05 February 2008, 22:00:08 »

Dangerous pancakes? For breaks sake. What really gets me is that that those of us with proper jobs are paying for these pillocks in their non jobs to to come up with such bollix.

Cracked open the maple syrup myself :-*

Kevin

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05 February 2008, 23:56:05 »

Cracked open the maple syrup myself :-*

Kevin
Ain't managed any tonight, been helping the next door neighbour and his mate repair his girlfriends micra.
Apparently on Saturday morning she misjudged the stopping distance on ice and planted the arse end of a van stopped at a junction.
Managed to get it back in reasonable shape by 10ish and didn't feel like anything proper to eat by then.
Maybe tomorrow night.
Edit, after I've done a complete risk assessment on the kitchen and pancake batter.  ;D
« Last Edit: 06 February 2008, 00:00:38 by CaptainZok »
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.