Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electric sunroof won't reprogramme?  (Read 1436 times)

24_Valve

• Intermediate Member
  • Greater London
    • View Profile
Electric sunroof won't reprogramme?
« on: 28 December 2009, 00:12:16 »

Recently disconnected the battery to rid some fault codes following icv problems. Went through the handbook procedure to reprogramme the sunroof and it just won't play ball!? When I press & hold it for 5 secs in closed position - it opens, closes, tilts etc... If I press & hold in the open position it tilts, closes, opens etc... Managed to close it for now by pressing the button in open postion until it returns from tilt, then quickly let go just before it starts to fully open. It doesn't make a good seal because I have to guess when to let go of the button (when it looks about right).  I've had to leave the dial turned to OPEN for it to stay closed!? Now causing a big condensation problem because of the cold whether. Any tips on reprogramming, other than the full procedure stated in the user manual?
Previous: 1996 Omega 2.5i V6 Manual Estate. Pearlescent, Polar Sea Blue. Walnut Trim. A/C & E/S/R. ABS & TC. Heated Seats. 16" Face Lift Alloy's. 225/55 Kuhmo Ecsta KH11 Tyres. NGK BKR5EK Plugs - All Six !

rustym95

• Omega Knight
  • Rotherham south yorks
  • carn't get up dont go out!!
    • View Profile
Re: Electric sunroof won't reprogramme?
« Reply #1 on: 28 December 2009, 00:26:16 »

remove the ecu from the sun roof motor open the unit up and you should see a round magnet, make sure it is not broken, get a speaker 3-4 inch magnet on it and leave on it for a day, there is a red colour'd chip were the magnet is covering clean with a cotton bud, also look for water makers on the board if ok put back together and try it then should work ok if not the chip near to the power lead has gone and the unit should be replaced. :y
Omega's is a life not just a car. also do ecu codes read and wiped or rest.., fix LCD tv & DVD recorders PS3's and most electrical equipment just e-mail me.

24_Valve

• Intermediate Member
  • Greater London
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 December 2009, 00:45:47 »

Sounds promising, how do I access the sunroof motor and its ecu? thanks...
Previous: 1996 Omega 2.5i V6 Manual Estate. Pearlescent, Polar Sea Blue. Walnut Trim. A/C & E/S/R. ABS & TC. Heated Seats. 16" Face Lift Alloy's. 225/55 Kuhmo Ecsta KH11 Tyres. NGK BKR5EK Plugs - All Six !

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 December 2009, 09:39:01 »

Sounds promising, how do I access the sunroof motor and its ecu? thanks...
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1247486519 :y
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

24_Valve

• Intermediate Member
  • Greater London
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 January 2010, 01:13:36 »

thanks for the url, followed all the instructions & thoroughly cleaned magnetic disc, refitted but still wouldn't reprogramme. courtesy lamp wouldn't prise out, without brut force because the plastic rim sits about 1cm proud of the metal clips  :question (immpossible to depress the metal clips with a flat head screwdriver or similar) however that's not anyones fault except GM. couldn't figure out pic 4 (shows the magnetic disc sitting over the spindle hole  :exclamation) so re-positioned the disc as shown in pic 5. I am very grateful and definately couldn't have done it without this step by step link. Maybe need to replace the whole unit. thanks for the info, Steve

rustym95

• Omega Knight
  • Rotherham south yorks
  • carn't get up dont go out!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 January 2010, 08:54:50 »

if you near to some one with a tec2 should be able to see what is wrong, and them clips are a pain some times. found when it is cold they dont like to move so left a heater in there for a bit ame off easy then, somthing must shrink when cold. if you put area on some one maybe able to help.
Omega's is a life not just a car. also do ecu codes read and wiped or rest.., fix LCD tv & DVD recorders PS3's and most electrical equipment just e-mail me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.