Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FYS  (Read 15588 times)

FYS

• View Profile
Re: FYS
« Reply #30 on: 19 November 2008, 21:24:50 »

Hey, thanks for the advise - picture resized!

You are right, white Omegas can't hide, but mine is doing a good job of it at the moment!!!

M.

Peter H

• Somerset
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 19 November 2008, 22:22:13 »

Gutted for you, hope you get it back in one piece. :'(

Car thieves are scum.  Put 'em in with the gay sex offenders. ;D
Bread and water can so easily be tea and toast!

FYS

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 27 December 2008, 12:33:02 »

Hey, hey, hey!

The Police found my car last week. It was recovered and has been inspected by SOCO Officers for evidence and I have now got it back!

It was on false plates and was found about 15 miles from where I live and had run out of fuel. It hasn't done many miles and is undamaged - just very dirty! All the 'stuff' I had in it has been nicked - torch, jump leads, etc, spare brake pads, etc, etc. They didn't steal my £150 sunglasses that were in the cubby under the light switch - useless thieves!

The false plates on the car did nopt relate to anything, let alone an Omega - but I have seen a silver Omega locally this week with a plate 1 digit different to the false plates - coincidence, I think not.

Anyway, glad to have it back. Just making plans to make it more secure and change the locks/ign and reprogram the transpoder key codes.

This is the car at the recovery agents premises.

Cheers,

Martin.
« Last Edit: 27 December 2008, 12:52:03 by tallchap »

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 27 December 2008, 12:44:25 »

Result!  :y

BigAl

• Bromley, Kent
    • '07 Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 27 December 2008, 13:20:54 »

Result!  :y
What he said ^  :y

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #35 on: 27 December 2008, 18:02:41 »

good news :y

and you are lucky nothing happened..

really nice car..so take extra precautions..

FYS

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 28 December 2008, 11:42:38 »

Hi guys,

Can you help me out here, advice, etc....

The issue that I have is the it wasn't stolen with keys , but there is no damage to the locks or ignition....  The Police have told me that they have had a spate of cars reported stolen without keys and they have no idea how - it appears to be Vauxhall and Scooby's upto 04 reg.

Anyway, I've got the car back! I have decided on a couple of mods which I hope will make it more secure, etc - especially as the theives still have a key or something to get into/start my car....

I have a replacement ignition barrel and key.

Also, the car has no alarm, so was going to fit a remote alarm fitted to the CDL and then use that top open/lock the car - any recommendations - don't go mad!

So that there is no door lock on the exterior of the car, I am going to fit a rear handle to the front door.

Can I get the transponders re-coded to the keys/ecu, etc so that whatever the blaggers have will no longer work on my car? Is this a Tech2 operation?

Thanks,

Martin.

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 28 December 2008, 12:00:20 »

why do i suspect its someone who works for vauxhall or has dodgy connections who work for vauxhall?

get a wheel clamp and a good steering lock like a disklock

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 28 December 2008, 12:30:23 »

Hi guys,

Can you help me out here, advice, etc....

The issue that I have is the it wasn't stolen with keys , but there is no damage to the locks or ignition....  The Police have told me that they have had a spate of cars reported stolen without keys and they have no idea how - it appears to be Vauxhall and Scooby's upto 04 reg.

Anyway, I've got the car back! I have decided on a couple of mods which I hope will make it more secure, etc - especially as the theives still have a key or something to get into/start my car....

I have a replacement ignition barrel and key.

Also, the car has no alarm, so was going to fit a remote alarm fitted to the CDL and then use that top open/lock the car - any recommendations - don't go mad!

So that there is no door lock on the exterior of the car, I am going to fit a rear handle to the front door.

Can I get the transponders re-coded to the keys/ecu, etc so that whatever the blaggers have will no longer work on my car? Is this a Tech2 operation?

Thanks,

Martin.

Whatever you do consider what happens if you should suffer a flat battery.

No locks and No power sound like a bad combinattion.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #39 on: 28 December 2008, 12:58:58 »

use a new brand extra alarm which shouts loud ;D

and disable hidden, noise cutting features and buttons except the keyfob..

or some extra things like :

http://www.brandsport.com/grla-910.html    
« Last Edit: 28 December 2008, 13:07:56 by cem_devecioglu »

FYS

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 28 December 2008, 16:18:04 »

Yer, thanks for the comments, very constructive...

I'll risk the flat battery thanks, on the basis that it is very, very unlikely to be soooo flat that it will not pop the CDL or boot....  

(oh, and here comes somebody to tell me that it happens to them on a weekly basis....)

A flat battery being a minor irritation compared to the absolute frustration and costly inconvenience (putting it mildly) of a stolen car....

Ta,

Martin.
« Last Edit: 28 December 2008, 16:18:46 by tallchap »

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 28 December 2008, 16:23:49 »

Yer, thanks for the comments, very constructive...

I'll risk the flat battery thanks, on the basis that it is very, very unlikely to be soooo flat that it will not pop the CDL or boot....  

(oh, and here comes somebody to tell me that it happens to them on a weekly basis....)

A flat battery being a minor irritation compared to the absolute frustration and costly inconvenience (putting it mildly) of a stolen car....

Ta,

Martin.

You could wire up a connector that you can access under the car (The modern CTEK charges have connectors that you can leave permanently connected to the battery) then if the battery should ever go flat you can just plug in the charger.

« Last Edit: 28 December 2008, 16:24:33 by VXL_V6 »

fife_omega_v6

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 29 December 2008, 10:13:35 »

why not just get a thacham 1 alarm and imobiliser fitted prob cost £250 ish ,but toad do a nice one et1601 i think it was fiitted to my gti before i got the miggie , guy came to the house and fitted it there and then, the fob for the alarm takes over from your key open and full closure,plus should anyone get into the car there aint anyway to over come the massively loud siren(has its own battery back up once removed from car it sounds for 20 mins) and imobiliser,also works should someone ack up or lift the car the tilt detection kicks in its a awesome pieace of kit and i saved 130 on my insurance...i will have a look and see exactly whatm was called i got fitted but it was the bolloks
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp123/fife_omega_v6/IMAGE_00054-1.jpg[/IMG][img name=signat_img_resize]http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp123/fife_omega_v6/IMAGE_00059-1.jpg[/IMG]

FYS

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 29 December 2008, 10:21:53 »

Thanks Fifey,

I did say above that I was going to get an alarm - "Also, the car has no alarm, so was going to fit a remote alarm fitted to the CDL and then use that top open/lock the car "

So, thanks for your advise, let me know if you remember the model.

Ta,

Martin.

Welung666

« Reply #44 on: 29 December 2008, 10:26:48 »

Thanks Fifey,

I did say above that I was going to get an alarm - "Also, the car has no alarm, so was going to fit a remote alarm fitted to the CDL and then use that top open/lock the car "

So, thanks for your advise, let me know if you remember the model.

Ta,

Martin.

You want the Toad Ai606 :y Best alarm in the world. I used to fit them when they first came out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.