Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bavarian brawn  (Read 6852 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Bavarian brawn
« Reply #15 on: 11 April 2024, 14:16:54 »

On the face of it, I would fancy one, enough I could almost accept that good awful interior :y

Sadly, my back probably wouldn't cope (it struggles with a standard 5 series). Not that I could ever afford one ;D

They depreciate like falling off a cliff and insurance won't be that much for an elderly gentleman such as yourself. ::) ::)  Think of it as a modern day 3.2 Omega with an extra 400 BHP. :)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 April 2024, 15:11:31 »

Does it sound like a hovercraft for many minutes after you lock it and walk away?

Not a fan of that engine!
  >:D

Yeah, about 20 minutes. I thought I had broken it. ;D

Bit of a shite design to get around packaging constraints, turbos in the V, they have 'thermal challenges', we use the same lumps in the new RR and RRS, not nearly as good as the previous SC 5.0 we had.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 April 2024, 21:53:16 »

Definitely, turbos in the vee  would always be a no go for me especially at that  at power 😱😵‍💫
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 April 2024, 06:37:03 »

It's a trend started by those dickheads at Vag who couldn't package a car if their lives depended on it.
Onanists always think outside the box.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 April 2024, 08:59:47 »

I think the 5 Series in all generations (except perhaps the E60/61 at the time) has the most tame styling of all the vehicle ranges they make.

If I had the cash i'd happily go from my F10 to a G30 or G60 but I don't so that's the end of that!  :D

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 April 2024, 09:01:36 »

Every time you post pictures of a car on your grounds, that garage looks nearer and nearer to collapse  ;D.

Nice motor, although I have to say neither the exterior not interior colour scheme do anything for me.

Will you be putting a few shekles their way? The buy in is surely pocket change to a man of means such as yourself...

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 April 2024, 10:03:20 »

It's a trend started by those dickheads at Vag who couldn't package a car if their lives depended on it.

There's nothing different about VAG that makes them do it, it's just how German engineers think.

Like this:

E1 - Nobody has ever considered putting this bit here before, but it might sort-of-work if we did

E2 - Let me do my PHD thesis on how there's a nominal 1.76749499963638399% improvement in the alpha wave retention feedback circuit** if we do

E1 - Congratulations, see you in three years by which time we'll have built 23.5 prototypes and have it ready for production!

E2 - I'm back, and the improvement is 0.057483929% better than we thought, so all this work and extra 37 parts are more than justified!!!!

Foreign Engineer - Wow that looks complicated and expensive to make :o  And it means that changing the oil filter will take now 3hours if the mechanic follows the 12page procedure and has the special tools

E2 - It is expensive***, but I've done the maths and it's better. Written procedures and special tools :y :y :y :y :y Now  I've got a hardon for a second doctorate, see you in another 3 years :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y

E1 - What's a mechanic?

Foreign Engineer - opps me, I wish I was still at Citroen where things made sense....

** or whatever techy bullshit that nobody care about is in fashion at the time

*** No German engineer has ever understood the word complicated, especially when paired with unnecessary
« Last Edit: 12 April 2024, 10:05:16 by Nick W »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 April 2024, 14:31:49 »

I think the 5 Series in all generations (except perhaps the E60/61 at the time) has the most tame styling of all the vehicle ranges they make.

If I had the cash i'd happily go from my F10 to a G30 or G60 but I don't so that's the end of that!  :D
Yeah, but in 10yrs when the prices are better.... ;D
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 April 2024, 15:37:49 »

Best looking M5 was the E39 from around 1998-2003 with a 5 litre NA V8. Only 400 BHP though. :)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 April 2024, 15:43:37 »

Yes, although in ten years I may have carked it so won't be an issue!

The main problem I found when looking for a used 5 series is getting the options you want in a decent example of the model you are after. I mean you can retrofit a lot of the kit but it's a lot of work which £ for £ you may as well just pay more in the beginning imho.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 April 2024, 20:04:21 »

Every time you post pictures of a car on your grounds, that garage looks nearer and nearer to collapse  ;D.

Nice motor, although I have to say neither the exterior not interior colour scheme do anything for me.

Will you be putting a few shekles their way? The buy in is surely pocket change to a man of means such as yourself...
That's where he houses the Filipino house boys.  ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12 April 2024, 21:17:12 »

The main problem I found when looking for a used 5 series is getting the options you want in a decent example of the model you are after. I mean you can retrofit a lot of the kit but it's a lot of work which £ for £ you may as well just pay more in the beginning imho.
Assuming that someone ordered the spec you want and it's available for you to buy at a price and in a condition that meets your requirements.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 April 2024, 21:52:43 »

Assuming that someone ordered the spec you want and it's available for you to buy at a price and in a condition that meets your requirements.

And that the previous owners continued to provide the open wallet maintenance that such cars require if they're going to be viable at 10,15, whatever(3,5 ::) ) years old

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 April 2024, 23:17:01 »

And that the previous owners continued to provide the open wallet maintenance that such cars require if they're going to be viable at 10,15, whatever(3,5 ::) ) years old

No different to any modern car then!

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 13 April 2024, 00:00:24 »

Except the cost.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.