Author Topic: MOT  (Read 886 times)

robson

• Omega Knight
  • Nr Ashford Kent
    • 2.6 facelift 2003
    • View Profile
MOT
« on: 10 August 2022, 16:12:37 »

Just had an MOT,Passed I had an advisory vehicle  underside has slight corrosion to suspension components and sills.Is it worth treating this or will it  continue any way,today my steering lock came on never had that before, is it the heat, should I lubricate barrel  with graphite powder or wd40 or leave alone

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
Re: MOT
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2022, 17:00:11 »

graphite powder is the reccommended lube for the actual barrel part but not sure if it would find its waythrough to the locking mechanism as its right at the far end so to speak.
i must admit thou that until i heard of graphite lube ive used wd or 3in1 on locks and barells for years and years and never had issues.i think they say it can attract dirt ?
if you want the steering lock to be fully operative it MIGHT mean pulling the barrel out and getting at it properly but no harm in trying lube first.

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • Omega 2.6 CD / Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: MOT
« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2022, 17:06:34 »

graphite powder is the reccommended lube for the actual barrel part but not sure if it would find its waythrough to the locking mechanism as its right at the far end so to speak.
i must admit thou that until i heard of graphite lube ive used wd or 3in1 on locks and barells for years and years and never had issues.i think they say it can attract dirt ?
if you want the steering lock to be fully operative it MIGHT mean pulling the barrel out and getting at it properly but no harm in trying lube first.

Stopped using WD once I realised it was washing out any grease and oil in the lock, only good for de-seizing, use that graphite powder now in locks, key slides in and out the 'ole nice (Said the actress to the bishop :y)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.