Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Two things.....  (Read 1189 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Two things.....
« on: 16 August 2022, 22:22:47 »

..... caught my eye in today' news.  :)

Firstly, The RAF has paused making job offers to white men to meet diversity targets.  ::)

https://news.sky.com/story/raf-pauses-job-offers-for-white-men-to-meet-impossible-diversity-targets-12674409

And secondly, the Scottish Government has appointed it's first Period Dignity Officer..... a man!  ;D

https://news.sky.com/story/scottish-government-sparks-backlash-after-a-man-is-appointed-as-its-first-period-dignity-officer-12674418

You really couldn't make it up.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Two things.....
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2022, 22:34:22 »

With regards to the first link: Can things really get any worse? I'm starting to think that a nuclear strike by Russia could actually be the best thing that could happen to this country. FFS.....
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2022, 22:37:24 »

Make that three things

Greenford: Elderly man on mobility scooter stabbed to death https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62570923
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 August 2022, 22:40:23 »

With regards to the first link: Can things really get any worse? I'm starting to think that a nuclear strike by Russia could actually be the best thing that could happen to this country. FFS.....

They'll be too busy pissing themselves laughing at us to press any buttons!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 August 2022, 00:44:02 »

I’m so glad I’m old… fu(k1ng world is crazy..  I’ll see you on the next one, don’t be late👍
Laying a rubber road.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 August 2022, 08:58:06 »

Surely the RAF are guilty of racism.

Surely you want the best people for the job Period.

I think you are right STEMO. Unlike the rise and fall of civilisations, maybe we are at the rise and fall of manking. I read an article that suggested all out nuclear war would result in up to three quarters of mankind perishing. I suspect it would be more as humans would revert to type and kill to obtain. We are all fortunate to have lived in the very best of times.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 August 2022, 09:56:06 »

I think you are right STEMO. Unlike the rise and fall of civilisations, maybe we are at the rise and fall of manking. I read an article that suggested all out nuclear war would result in up to three quarters of mankind perishing. I suspect it would be more as humans would revert to type and kill to obtain. We are all fortunate to have lived in the very best of times.

I totally agree.  This is discrimination against white folk by the authorities and it is very wrong >:(

As some will know, I am in favour of diversity, but not when it goes completely over the top and discriminates against another sector of society. It is plain wrong.  The pendulum will swing the other way to a more logical setting, but it may take time.

As for the future of man, I will repeat my mantra about Thomas Hobbes and his observations about man always defaulting to war, war being his natural nature, killing his primary option.  This is a fact and will destroy most / all of us unless a miracle happens.

It sickens me to see so much evil action in our society and around the world that will destroy everything good that is currently still in place, that we cherish, because of greed, lust for power, and pure hate! >:(

How the hell was that poor 80 year old geezer a threat to anyone?  Why did some bastard think it was ok to knife him on his disability scooter?  Madness and very sickening, that reflects the society WE have created. >:( >:(

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 August 2022, 10:08:33 »

Very sad about the 80 year old being stabbed, I believe that there have been over 50 murders in London so far this year, but until there is someone with the balls to get tough, god help us all.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 August 2022, 10:11:33 »

That is a very old fashioned viewpoint, not welcomed in most workplaces today.

And positive discrimination, I'm told categorically, doesn't exist.  And the fact I believe it does makes me racist  >:(.  Even more laughable, the fact I have mates from non white ethnic groups also makes me racist. WTF  >:(  >:(
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 August 2022, 10:12:04 »

Very sad about the 80 year old being stabbed, I believe that there have been over 50 murders in London so far this year, but until there is someone with the balls to get tough, god help us all.
Its a damn shame nobody murders that pointless mayor.
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 August 2022, 10:22:05 »

Its a damn shame nobody murders that pointless mayor.

The way things are going it wouldn't surprise me a bit, 15 minutes fame for someone with " mental health issues".

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 August 2022, 13:01:38 »

..... caught my eye in today' news.  :)

Firstly, The RAF has paused making job offers to white men to meet diversity targets.  ::)

https://news.sky.com/story/raf-pauses-job-offers-for-white-men-to-meet-impossible-diversity-targets-12674409

And secondly, the Scottish Government has appointed it's first Period Dignity Officer..... a man!  ;D

https://news.sky.com/story/scottish-government-sparks-backlash-after-a-man-is-appointed-as-its-first-period-dignity-officer-12674418

You really couldn't make it up.  :-\

As for the RAF.....they bang on about diversity and inclusion and then EXCLUDE 83% of the population.

Mrs Opti is fuming about a male 'period dignity officer'..... She says, what is dignified about a man explaining periods to embarrassed uncomfortable girls. This is one job that should be gender specific.

Ask yourself what sort of man would apply for a job like this? My guess is that he gets off on it.

He also says that boys and men also have periods. OFFS. :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17 August 2022, 13:06:30 »

That is a very old fashioned viewpoint, not welcomed in most workplaces today.

And positive discrimination, I'm told categorically, doesn't exist.  And the fact I believe it does makes me racist  >:(.  Even more laughable, the fact I have mates from non white ethnic groups also makes me racist. WTF  >:(  >:(

Probably by the same person who believes a woman with a penis is as much of a woman as one with a fanny.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 August 2022, 13:11:03 »

Yes of course.....but the political left and college kids with blue hair  will tell you that is is impossible to be racist against white people. :)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17 August 2022, 13:40:50 »

I can’t comment any further unfortunately due to the high risk of being banned for my righteous views 👀👀
Laying a rubber road.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.