Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3036618 times)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #24225 on: 10 August 2022, 09:56:48 »

will fargo near me

Crikey,I managed to upload a picture ::)

My favorite model and color. Every day I regret that these cars are no longer produced.

Sadly I no longer have it, A Volvo V70 has replaced it as much cheaper to tax/run

Is that a 9-3?

We now have a 10 plate 9-5 tractor juice edition

9-5 Aero Hot 260bhp :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24226 on: 10 August 2022, 12:56:56 »

Ive had a couple of months of manic hours at work, and running around after the outlaws as they both have serious health issues, so Pierre has sat forlorn on the drive.
This morning I went out and fitted a new cambelt , timed it up carefully, and it fired up and sounded fine. No warning lights, fault codes etc.
Got a load of bits and pieces to refit before I can actually drive it, and its too bloody warm at the moment, so hope to finish it off tomorrow morning before it gets too hot.
Im pretty hopeful though..........until next time.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24227 on: 10 August 2022, 13:13:13 »

Ive had a couple of months of manic hours at work, and running around after the outlaws as they both have serious health issues, so Pierre has sat forlorn on the drive.
This morning I went out and fitted a new cambelt , timed it up carefully, and it fired up and sounded fine. No warning lights, fault codes etc.
Got a load of bits and pieces to refit before I can actually drive it, and its too bloody warm at the moment, so hope to finish it off tomorrow morning before it gets too hot.
Fingers crossed.  ;) That bleedy thing owes you at least a week of hassle free motoring...
Onanists always think outside the box.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24228 on: 10 August 2022, 15:52:38 »

It ain't cooling down much yet.  ;)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24229 on: 10 August 2022, 15:55:34 »

Filled the RRS with diesel this morning first time since towing the caravan back from Yorkshire, the air conditioning has been on constantly 322 miles and it took 63 litres which equates to 23mpg which is 3mpg more than usual ,so blows that nonsense about air-conditioning using more fuel clean out of the water.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #24230 on: 11 August 2022, 09:45:27 »

Still doing snagging filler work on the Austin trying to get it ready for primer before the weather breaks , gave up at 3pm yesterday as to hot but looks like I will have to work through that .

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24231 on: 11 August 2022, 11:05:58 »

Still doing snagging filler work on the Austin trying to get it ready for primer before the weather breaks , gave up at 3pm yesterday as to hot but looks like I will have to work through that .
Jesus, I hope all this effort bears fruit, you seem to be spending your life on it  :o
Diesel till I die

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24232 on: 11 August 2022, 11:14:56 »

Jesus, I hope all this effort bears fruit, you seem to be spending your life on it  :o

No more than normal for this sort of job.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24233 on: 11 August 2022, 12:27:54 »

Fingers crossed.  ;) That bleedy thing owes you at least a week of hassle free motoring...

It obviously doesnt agree.  ;D
Oil pissing out of the cam seal. I replaced it earlier in the year and used an SKF speedi sleeve to cover the scoring on the nose of the shaft. Something has caused it to leak again, so new camshaft and seal needed this time I think.
I just hope it doesnt spontaneously combust in this hot weather.  >:D  :D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #24234 on: 11 August 2022, 12:37:13 »

Drove the 428i to Watford and back, 75-80mph ish, or less in the usual w@nky traffic and average speed cameras round there. Filled it up back home, just a touch over 41mpg, brim to brim.

Very happy with that. :y

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24235 on: 11 August 2022, 13:37:18 »

It obviously doesnt agree.  ;D
Oil pissing out of the cam seal. I replaced it earlier in the year and used an SKF speedi sleeve to cover the scoring on the nose of the shaft. Something has caused it to leak again, so new camshaft and seal needed this time I think.
I just hope it doesnt spontaneously combust in this hot weather.  >:D  :D
Would have thought that was exactly what you DID want.  ;D

Mutha Jugs n Speed

• Intermediate Member
  • Out there?
    • Nosey aint'cha
    • View Profile
« Reply #24236 on: 11 August 2022, 17:01:10 »

Nothing....finally got Covid, sitting in front of a fan and waiting for it to bog off!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24237 on: 12 August 2022, 18:51:48 »

As I sat in my my Omega (parked) today, outside a hospital for 2 hours, in the heat I rued not getting my aircon regassed when it crossed my mind about a month ago.
I would happily have sacrificed the petrol to have the engine running and an icy blast from the vents.  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24238 on: 12 August 2022, 19:19:36 »

Nothing....finally got Covid, sitting in front of a fan and waiting for it to bog off!
Hopefully it passes swiftly as you've been doing your best to avoid it ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24239 on: 12 August 2022, 20:57:23 »

As I sat in my my Omega (parked) today, outside a hospital for 2 hours, in the heat I rued not getting my aircon regassed when it crossed my mind about a month ago.
I would happily have sacrificed the petrol to have the engine running and an icy blast from the vents.  ::)
I had mine done earlier this week - it was still working, but works a damn sight better now :)
Grumpy old man

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.