Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum  (Read 157356 times)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Owners Forum
« Reply #540 on: 27 May 2012, 22:40:45 »

You wana know what's partially wrong with OOF???
Dragging up old squables doesn't help at all. Put it behind you & bury the hatchet.
I for one was sick of it the first time around & for a second time it's just NOT NEEDED.

Maybe Pete your right  :y  On the other hand though if it had happened to you, you may have felt differently.
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #541 on: 27 May 2012, 22:47:24 »

one question arises in my mind , if this debate is back again, will the admins change their decision(s)
depending on the answers of members.. if not, no point in posting or debating again.. :(

if yes, then I have my own views on that subject which I would like to share ..

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 27 May 2012, 22:50:21 »

one question arises in my mind , if this debate is back again, will the admins change their decision(s)
depending on the answers of members.. if not, no point in posting or debating again.. :(

Cem.  Your comments, like those of numerous others, are always welcome.   :y

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #543 on: 27 May 2012, 22:50:40 »

You wana know what's partially wrong with OOF???
Dragging up old squables doesn't help at all. Put it behind you & bury the hatchet.
I for one was sick of it the first time around & for a second time it's just NOT NEEDED.

Agreed but - its not been fully resolved to the satisfaction of either party or other OOFers.

Like many I didn't like Ljays's bullying tactics, didn't see a problem with DLK responding yawn to Ljay's posts (a response she had used herself), did see a problem with JB banning DLK (unfairly IMO).  Upshot is Ljay "banned", DLK left and now back but not as a Mod and JB no change (no bollocking still a mod, but a bit more subdued)

Like many doesn't seem fair to me  :(

I know its goin over old ground but a lot of OOFers are still unhappy over this situation.

ED- it will carry on festering
« Last Edit: 27 May 2012, 22:52:18 by dbug »
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

OOMV6

« Reply #544 on: 27 May 2012, 22:54:16 »

Whats gone wrong ?
Imo quite a lot of whats gone wrong is self evident in this thread - and theres a pattern.
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=103479.0
Go on.

Reply 524, 3rd paragraph

feeutfo

« Reply #545 on: 27 May 2012, 23:00:32 »

Whats gone wrong ?
Imo quite a lot of whats gone wrong is self evident in this thread - and theres a pattern.
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=103479.0
Go on.

Reply 524, 3rd paragraph
likewise though, Albs reply no 537 has a link to one of my threads. Hence my reply to him...? :)

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 27 May 2012, 23:00:43 »

here is one of the subjects that should come at the top on this forum.
its all down to health and safety..this should be at the top before you talk about opening the bonnet...

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=102690.0

the right kit for the job....i started this thread ages ago but it never sort of got finished, ie, comfirmed that thats the way
it needs to be sorted .

you cannot lift this car from a pair of stands and a cheap trolley jack from xx moter factors down the road...
well you can but when it fails ;YOU ARE DEAD;

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #547 on: 27 May 2012, 23:12:13 »

Cem.  Your comments, like those of numerous others, are always welcome.   :y

thanks hotel21 :y

looking from a really far point ,  I think I can be more objective.. as I dont know any of you closely..

first a debate between members, mods, admins whatever, can always happen.. and is not the end of life..

it could be solved in a softer style I think but imo the decision was unexpected for me.. more than that

I think not only the members and also the forum lose some potential after that event..

I know admin team made the decision not only for this case as they know some previous events ..

now, some may agree , some may not..

honestly both Darth and Ljay had some previous practices which stirred up the forum but the final decision was overdose  in my opinion..

you know my family are lawyers.. and I have seen numerous courts.. the judges generally try to make peace between sides but if they cant, they look at the point at who hit first..

Ok, I wont go any further.. I want to see all members between us.. I'm not sure banning someone forever solves the problems..

if it had,  we wouldnt be still discussing it..  :-\

« Last Edit: 27 May 2012, 23:14:08 by cem »

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 27 May 2012, 23:17:07 »

The whole Daz/LJ thing to my mind was little more than banter. Daz posted a y@wn response which LJ had done quite a few times previously. Instead of being taken as a bit of ribbing it got blown out of proportion.
Jimbob to my mind acted out of haste. If there was any case to answer surely it should have been discussed by the admins then any punishment deemed necessary applied by Lord TuBy as chief admin.
But that's all in the past and chewing over it ad infinitum isn't going to get the forum back to it's previous form. Yes there is something not right, too many people seem over eager to play the keyboard warrior and disagree or simply argue for the sake of it.
I remember a few years ago it was mentioned that OOF was like a gentlemens club/officers mess. Polite conversation, quite a bit of humourous ribbing but everyone knew where to draw the line. That to me is the atmosphere we lost somewhere along the way, the line got redrawn then redrawn again till we find ourselves in the situation we are in now where the forum sometimes seems more like chucking out time down the town centre than a nice place to chat and have a laugh with friends.
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 27 May 2012, 23:26:49 »

.................I remember a few years ago it was mentioned that OOF was like a gentlemens club/officers mess. Polite conversation, quite a bit of humourous ribbing but everyone knew where to draw the line. That to me is the atmosphere we lost somewhere along the way, the line got redrawn then redrawn again till we find ourselves in the situation we are in now where the forum sometimes seems more like chucking out time down the town centre than a nice place to chat and have a laugh with friends.

John, that alone has made me reply on a thread I said I wouldn't.

You are quite correct in your statement as snipped.   :y

Not a class issue by any manner of means but examlifies somewhere that folks would like to be, where polite and gentle interaction was the norm as was genteel ribbing, swapping of urine samples and the like....

Pity it all got serious and PC.  :'(

Do you mean that things drifted way out of line and need brought back in or what?

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: 27 May 2012, 23:27:33 »

The whole Daz/LJ thing to my mind was little more than banter. Daz posted a y@wn response which LJ had done quite a few times previously. Instead of being taken as a bit of ribbing it got blown out of proportion.
Jimbob to my mind acted out of haste. If there was any case to answer surely it should have been discussed by the admins then any punishment deemed necessary applied by Lord TuBy as chief admin.
But that's all in the past and chewing over it ad infinitum isn't going to get the forum back to it's previous form. Yes there is something not right, too many people seem over eager to play the keyboard warrior and disagree or simply argue for the sake of it.
I remember a few years ago it was mentioned that OOF was like a gentlemens club/officers mess. Polite conversation, quite a bit of humourous ribbing but everyone knew where to draw the line. That to me is the atmosphere we lost somewhere along the way, the line got redrawn then redrawn again till we find ourselves in the situation we are in now where the forum sometimes seems more like chucking out time down the town centre than a nice place to chat and have a laugh with friends.
very well said :y :y imho

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 27 May 2012, 23:34:39 »

lots of relevant stuff

I think that, unfortunately in this case, there is no soft option.  Those involved are quite entrenched in their respective viewpoint - always good to stand by your opinions - but sometimes you are quite simply wrong and need to take a deep breath, swallow, and spit out the magic words.....

..... I got it wrong.

That then clears a path for collective understanding of viewpoints, opens options for mutual respect and consideration of circumstances as well as a broad path to walk together into a new day.

To do that, in this case I think, is perhaps a bridge too far.   :'(

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 27 May 2012, 23:42:11 »

very well said :y :y imho

I agree, and didn't he use some posh words........ :D :y :y :y

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #553 on: 27 May 2012, 23:58:16 »

Reply 524, 3rd paragraph

Yep that sums it up  :y
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 27 May 2012, 23:59:24 »

Like you said B it got all serious and PC.
I think the hostile tones that you see in the name of discussion need to stop, to go back to the mess analogy arguments happen but at the end of the evening both sides share a drink and at worst agree to disagree.
Arguments in general chat seem to be more like trench warfare these days. I sometimes wonder if there are members who use the forum just to see how many people they can wind up in a night.
Pc is a totally different can of worms, to my mind it kills humour when people are scared to have a bit of fun for fear sombody's feelings will get hurt. Don't get me wrong I'm not advocating racism but we all need to learn to laugh at ourselves again.
So I don't really know, maybe reminding members that they've left primary school and are in the big grown up world now where people might say things they don't agree with but that doesn't mean they have a right to beat them up verbally or otherwise would help.
Finally to respond to the cliquey comments that invariably surface in a thread like this, yes there is a clique but all you need to do is join in.
We don't bite (well DLK does but only if you pay him first) try and attend a meet, it's a lot easier to chat to someone you've met in person and who knows you might make some friends in the bargain, I know I have.
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.