Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: mv6 just cut out??  (Read 10922 times)

powerslinky

Re: mv6 just cut out??
« Reply #30 on: 13 December 2016, 10:22:09 »

i have just checked. the lights work main beam and warning light works indicators work and i can here the clicking relays nr the battery ,,it seems its just the warning lights in the pod  that are not  coming on

Would that suggest that the ignition & possibly ECU side of things is not powering up ? :-\

Help required here from someone who can tell you what supplies power to the warning lights  :-\

You say fuses are all ok . . . but is there power to the one/s relevant to the warning lights /ignition etc.?

Will try & get some wiring info for you if nothing gets posted

swordfish

• Intermediate Member
  • manchester
    • 3.0 omega elite fl / 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13 December 2016, 10:26:19 »

many thanks

powerslinky

« Reply #32 on: 13 December 2016, 14:33:06 »

many thanks

sorry Swordfish but am out of my depth with this . . .only have haynes wiring diagrams to go on & 2.6 /3.2 is not covered  ::)

Qne last possibility  . . .have you checked ALL the fuses & links in both the boxes under bonnet by the battery as well as the main cabin fuse box ?  Only F1  to F30  are in the cabin fuse  box .   :-[

Sorry I cannot be of more help

star_whites

• Rotherham
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13 December 2016, 16:32:27 »

Your original fault sounds exactly like my 2.6 did/is. I stripped mine down, replaced the crank sensor only to find the fuel pump is faulty. When I removed the pump, cleaned and powered from the battery it worked and on refitting it worked only for it to go again after leaving it to rest for half an hour.

However all my dash lights work ok, so it could just be a coincidence??

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 13 December 2016, 16:49:55 »

Your original fault sounds exactly like my 2.6 did/is. I stripped mine down, replaced the crank sensor only to find the fuel pump is faulty. When I removed the pump, cleaned and powered from the battery it worked and on refitting it worked only for it to go again after leaving it to rest for half an hour.

However all my dash lights work ok, so it could just be a coincidence??
A pump nearing the end of it's life may well become intermittent - I don't think you should assume that your pump is a good one  :-\
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 13 December 2016, 18:27:34 »

If ign lights not coming on with ign, that needs to be resolved before considering changing anything
Grumpy old man

powerslinky

« Reply #36 on: 14 December 2016, 15:30:09 »

Swordfish  . . .your PM box is full    ;)

swordfish

• Intermediate Member
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 15 December 2016, 23:45:59 »

ok,, inbox clear

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 16 December 2016, 05:57:15 »

I would definitely be checking the 'big' fuses in the engine compartment.
I recall I had a similar issue with a Vectra, refusing to start and no engine lights, I found one the 30 or 60 amps  :-\ had blown. New fuse and everything was lovely again  :)

swordfish

• Intermediate Member
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 16 December 2016, 07:37:14 »

already checked all them ,, does anybody know if the engine ecu / immobiliser is the same on the auto and manual . going to check them next ,
thanks

powerslinky

« Reply #40 on: 16 December 2016, 11:31:39 »

already checked all them ,, does anybody know if the engine ecu / immobiliser is the same on the auto and manual . going to check them next ,
thanks

My thought was also the large fused links under bonnet . . .but you have checked those  :-\

I also posted questions in "electricals"  asking which fuses supply the dash warnings , but no reply as yet

Becoming a bit frustrating this one  :-\ :-\       Faulty ignition switch/ broken wire there maybe could be it  :-\ :-\

swordfish

• Intermediate Member
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 16 December 2016, 12:58:37 »

ok thanks ,, do you  know if the engine ecu / immobiliser is the same on the auto and manual

powerslinky

« Reply #42 on: 16 December 2016, 13:59:03 »

ok thanks ,, do you  know if the engine ecu / immobiliser is the same on the auto and manual

Not 100% on that  . . .but seem to remember you have to replace with the exact same part / No.

But replacing ECU will require , the ECU itself, the matching Imobilisor ring & key chip

Have just recalled this  . . .This event happened to both myself & I think it was Zirk from memory . . .

Replaced crank sensor (as you have done) but car still would not start until codes were cleared  . .  .of course this

does not dismiss the fact you have no dash warning lights . .  which IMO is the priority to put right first .

Which begs the question . .  will codes clear with a code reader if your electrics are not powering up fully .

i'm getting really frustrated with this problem now  as we cannot seem to make any progress . . .so you must be feeling

really peed off with it :-\

powerslinky

« Reply #43 on: 16 December 2016, 14:50:54 »

Just been playing around with my 2.6 auto to try & shed some light on this problem .

Double check the large fused links in the small box directly on top of the battery .

On my car there are 5 links fitted out of a possible 6 . Starting from the left, standing in front of the car,  looking towards back of the car ,

far left No.1 is a mauve colour fused link with 80 on it.  Removing this with the ignition on left the warning lights on .

Next along  No.2 has no fuse

Next No.3 is green ,rated at 30,  removing this with ign on  & dash warnings lights stay on.

Next No.4 this is a mauve 80 rating  . . .removing this & dash warnings go out

With no 4 replaced . . . & No's 5 & 6  removed  induvidually . . .ign warnings stayed on

I would suggest that you firstly check fused link No 4 & if ok  . . then check with a meter that there is power to one side of that particular fuse holder when ignition is on then post up outcome

Also with ignition on, pulled the 2 large fused links next to the mauve relays  in the triangular relay box . These had no effect on the dash warning lights.  After this fuse pulling exercise  . .car is starting A1  as before ;)

HTH  ;)

« Last Edit: 16 December 2016, 14:56:41 by Essex Big Al »

robson

• Omega Knight
  • Nr Ashford Kent
    • 2.6 facelift 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 16 December 2016, 15:57:54 »

Thank god for that you are a brave man playing with those fuses :y
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.