Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: ecu problem [i think]  (Read 10843 times)

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
Re: ecu problem [i think]
« Reply #60 on: 09 August 2008, 19:19:14 »

is that the GM number or the HU its got on it in big letters, do you think this is the problem as there aint much left is there :o, anyhow ive tried in all the breakers around here & only found one miggy which was a manual, so unless somebody can assist me on here then im stuffed basically, im unemployed at the mo so money is tight, thanks anyway for all your help as it`s been appreciated, perhaps this car dont want saving :'(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 09 August 2008, 19:35:54 »

is that the GM number or the HU its got on it in big letters, do you think this is the problem as there aint much left is there :o, anyhow ive tried in all the breakers around here & only found one miggy which was a manual, so unless somebody can assist me on here then im stuffed basically, im unemployed at the mo so money is tight, thanks anyway for all your help as it`s been appreciated, perhaps this car dont want saving :'(
Normally 2 letter code is used for ident.

The ECUs I have here are no good to you, and I still doubt ECU problem.
Grumpy old man

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 09 August 2008, 20:04:52 »

i know what you mean but by trying one it eliminates it, the way i look at it now with all the useful info everybody has given me, it seems that the ECU sends a signal in the way of switched voltage to operate the solenoids in the g/box, as the wires test out fine to the 4 pin plug that carries these signals then the only thing that sends these signals/voltages is the ECU, the ECU does power up as such as in the relay operating inside it but i cant physically check the processor i,c or any other components [apart from diodes & electrolytics which i have checked], the only thing i havent worked out is whether the main ECU has any communication with the g/box ECU, logic says yes due to RPM & gearchange have got to meet somewhere so is there signals between the 2 ECU`S? if so could they be getting lost there somewhere? believe me ive had sleepless nights over this & headaches on my headaches!, anyway we`ll see what tomorrow brings! :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 09 August 2008, 22:31:10 »

fact you can change 'manually' means ecu is working, as even in 'manual' its electronically controlled.
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #64 on: 09 August 2008, 23:00:03 »

interested to see how this turns out Tim, keep at it, we all want to know whats going on. Sorry i cant help any further.

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 09 August 2008, 23:02:11 »

sorry TB, i tried it with the ECU sitting indoors by my p,c & the car acted EXACTLY the same as when it was in, led`s lit by shifter & drove manually, no difference whatsoever.

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 09 August 2008, 23:16:07 »

thanks chrisgixer, well so far its given me grey hairs,headaches, the sh*ts,suicidal tendances, my swearing has VASTLY improved, the mrs aint talking to me [bonus!] the dogs are upset due to cramped conditions [2 big dogs in rover 200], haynes manual very tatty [due to me giving it flying lessons] & the mention of an ECU sends me into uncrontrolable spasms of hysterical laughter & screaming, oh & did i mention its not sorted yet, :'( all i want now is an ECU TO TRY,BUY,BORROW OR STEAL just to eliminate it but id have more chance getting a sack of doe-doe shit, i cant believe nobody has got one as there must be some other poor sod thats had one of these & broken it, anyway im thinking of making a tv series out of this but just need a name,,,,the omega swine perhaps? ;)

feeutfo

« Reply #67 on: 10 August 2008, 01:43:19 »

it will be of no help to you to say ecu failure is not a known subject on here, presumably, as tb says, its almost unheard of. If it was a common thing someone would know what to do. There are a couple of breakers on here, Marky Mark and Mutant cav. Iirc(hope thats right) but they presumably would have been in touch if they had one. I see they have posted anyway so there you go. 2.5 diesels not the most common although i did see 2 in a local breaker, no idea if they still have the ecu.
Try a1 salvage in Reading think thats correct info anyway.
« Last Edit: 10 August 2008, 01:53:52 by chrisgixer »

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 10 August 2008, 11:35:12 »

CHEERS CHRISGIXER, this is only going to be resolved if i,,a] get another ECU to try, or b] srap the thing!, i actually got my g/box of mutantcav & he has emailed me this morning but i know he`s more the petrol side of things, i got an ECU sent from somebody off ebay who assured me it would be the correct one as the running gear was the same but a slightly later car, i got it & its the later smaller one which has less contacts etc & of course he has ignored my emails so thats made me cautious about ebay [the car came off there!], well if you go near that breakers you are on about then my car is on an "M" plate [early 95], some of the scrapyards ive been onto are talking silly prices & no guarantee, as im unemployed i really cant afford to throw money away on a chance [which i done with the first one], anyhow im now looking at the CRC warning [on tech2]which states o/circuit or volts high as i dont have crc,  wouldnt this be trying to tell the g/box ECU something?, clutching at straws perhaps but at thiis moment of time anything is a candidate, anyhow back to the swearing on the car & on a sunday as well, just as well im an athiest thank christ ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 10 August 2008, 13:31:02 »

As an absolute minimum, I think you'll find it has to be an ECU off a pre 1998 TD.  But matching ident code is the best assurance.

Good luck :y
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 10 August 2008, 13:31:53 »

Might be worth doing more metering?  Fire up TIS2000 and look up the fault code under Diag Checking, and follow it through....   ....sometimes can lead you up wrong alley, but sounds like you're going nowhere fast
« Last Edit: 10 August 2008, 13:33:31 by TheBoy »
Grumpy old man

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 10 August 2008, 13:54:46 »

i believe the 98 0nwards use the smaller type ecu anyway,[if anybody wants one ive got one!] & what is TIS2000?, as for metering i have been through even as far as the fuse box & all checks out fine,still a bit confused as to why there are a line of 5 contacts on the blue plug all show continuity with each other, but the socket side are independent of each other,[perhaps common circuits] as you say im getting nowhere fast but as everything has been changed apart from the ecu its logical its the next step, this is frustrating as this is the first time ive been stumped on a car, also why would CRC [92] show up as open or volts high when i dont have CRC, anyhow when i beat this thing we will all be relieved especially me! ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 10 August 2008, 13:58:44 »

i believe the 98 0nwards use the smaller type ecu anyway,[if anybody wants one ive got one!] & what is TIS2000?, as for metering i have been through even as far as the fuse box & all checks out fine,still a bit confused as to why there are a line of 5 contacts on the blue plug all show continuity with each other, but the socket side are independent of each other,[perhaps common circuits] as you say im getting nowhere fast but as everything has been changed apart from the ecu its logical its the next step, this is frustrating as this is the first time ive been stumped on a car, also why would CRC [92] show up as open or volts high when i dont have CRC, anyhow when i beat this thing we will all be relieved especially me! ;D
Ignore the Cruise - you always get that if no cruise fitted - its saying the cruise stalk is missing (which it will be if no cruise) ;D.  Incidentally, to fit cruise on this car, just buy the £30 stalk from Vauxhall (its a different stalk to the petrol ones though)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 10 August 2008, 14:01:03 »

PM sent as well, you may find the info handy
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #74 on: 10 August 2008, 18:18:51 »

A1 Reading Car Spares & Scrap MetalA1 Reading Car Spares & Scrap Metal
Silver Birch
Highland Av, Reading, RG41 4SP

0118 989 4652[ch8206]

maybe give them a ring if you get a chance, i can go in there if you think its worth it, hth.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.