Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: ecu problem [i think]  (Read 10845 times)

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
Re: ecu problem [i think]
« Reply #75 on: 10 August 2008, 18:26:33 »

cheers chris, i`ll give them a call tomorrow sometime & i`ll get back to you, a friend down the road has told me of a yard i havent tried, they mainly deal in late cars but ive got them to try also,,,,many thanks mate!

feeutfo

« Reply #76 on: 11 August 2008, 11:44:49 »

i just rang them for intake for my sisters punto, they said "come down and have a look mate". So ive got to go in there anyway.
So, like im a 2 year old,what am i looking for?
Gear box ecu pre 98 ident code first of all?
Where is it? In the triangle by battery? What does it look like? Have not a clue!

T

philhoward

• Staffs
  • Love the engines, so put one in something else..
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 11 August 2008, 12:04:42 »

Up behind the dash - somewhere by the pedals from memory.  I think it was a HU code?
Running an X30XE in a Reliant Scimitar GTE as I can't have an Omega as a company car...

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 11 August 2008, 14:19:57 »

HI CHRISGIXER,yup its mounted on the kickplate to the right of the gas pedal & up a bit,held in by 2 plastic nuts [10mm], mine has an HU code, i phoned them just now & he didnt know if he had diesel ones in, mind you he sounded like he`s on drugs or something anyhow sorry i didnt answer you sooner but ive been driving everywhere looking but no joy this end :'(, so please let me know how you get on.

feeutfo

« Reply #79 on: 11 August 2008, 16:44:55 »

HI CHRISGIXER,yup its mounted on the kickplate to the right of the gas pedal & up a bit,held in by 2 plastic nuts [10mm], mine has an HU code, i phoned them just now & he didnt know if he had diesel ones in, mind you he sounded like he`s on drugs or something anyhow sorry i didnt answer you sooner but ive been driving everywhere looking but no joy this end :'(, so please let me know how you get on.
No joy either. Neither car was the same as i saw a while back, both manual and too new. No punto s of the right year either, Arse.
Yes he is on drugs.
Maybe need a part finder style joby on tinternet they have a data base of breakers, they ring you with a price(to the door) you pick the cheapest one.
Hope helps.

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 11 August 2008, 17:05:02 »

i tried that part finder thingy, the result was an asian woman that couldnt help [or couldnt understand], but anyway thanks for trying, it seems i have a rare car or a bleedin awkward one, ive been given a phone number of another breakers thats not to far away but its frustrating when they say NO! but will try anyway,,,,oh bugger :-/

markey mark

• Omega Baron
  • SLady bitshorpe north lincs
  • banned for repeatedly reneaging on deals.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 11 August 2008, 18:17:20 »

whats the part number on the ecu you have a three spares here matey :y

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 11 August 2008, 18:23:26 »

hi MM, my part number is; gm96 016 632 & the prefix HU, you can see the model & year on here, they are diesel ones right? ;) ive been told you only go by the 2 letters unless somebody says different, anyhow i`ll leave it with you,,,cheers :)

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 11 August 2008, 18:26:19 »

oh & it is for the g/box ;D

markey mark

• Omega Baron
  • SLady bitshorpe north lincs
  • banned for repeatedly reneaging on deals.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 11 August 2008, 18:47:00 »

hi MM, my part number is; gm96 016 632 & the prefix HU, you can see the model & year on here, they are diesel ones right? ;) ive been told you only go by the 2 letters unless somebody says different, anyhow i`ll leave it with you,,,cheers :)

will have a look in a bit  :y

feeutfo

« Reply #85 on: 11 August 2008, 19:04:28 »

i tried that part finder thingy, the result was an asian woman that couldnt help [or couldnt understand], but anyway thanks for trying, it seems i have a rare car or a bleedin awkward one, ive been given a phone number of another breakers thats not to far away but its frustrating when they say NO! but will try anyway,,,,oh bugger :-/
There are several services of similar idea iirc, worth trying a couple at least.  But yes i do tend to hang up with indian call centres. All english names youll notice, and oh so helpfull. They Must think we where all born yesterday.

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
« Reply #86 on: 11 August 2008, 19:26:25 »

Gearbox was off a taxed and MOT'd car so was driven about a bit when I got it to make sure...the only dodgy box I have had so far got sent to its maker with the rest of the car lol But as said, if after all this it turns out to be the box (which I would say is unlikely) then I will replace it more than happily free of charge :)
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 11 August 2008, 19:50:08 »

HI MUTANTCAV, I know my original problem aint the box & i believe you about the box i got off you, like i say once this other bloody nonesence is sorted we`ll see if everything else is o,k once its operating the way it was designed to.

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 11 August 2008, 21:08:20 »

Hmm autoboxes aint my favourite as most on here will tell you but i reckon it could just be the selector switch is goosed thus sending wrong signals to the ecu?or actualy the connector iis full of crud? i know you cleaned the actual switch out but if it goosed its goosed!!
maybe worth a try?
p.s just reread it ad nowhere does it say you have refilled the box the correct way? take it you have refilled the box?
« Last Edit: 11 August 2008, 21:11:12 by Omegatoy »

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 11 August 2008, 21:20:38 »

HI OMEGATOY, its a different switch,different g/box,,,,,same result, :'( i cleaned all the plugs with switch cleaner so should be nice & clean but my only doubt is the blue plug by the battery as there is a line of 5 contacts that seem to be all connected & cant quite make out if they are supposed to be that way, the socket it goes into on the same 5 contacts are independent of each other, perhaps MARK DTM could confirm this as normal or otherwise if he sees this post :y, cheers for the suggestion anyway, now i know why you dont like auto`s :D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.