Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Nipples!!!!!  (Read 4393 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Nipples!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: 27 January 2021, 13:06:17 »

Back in the day I new a lad who owned a Marcos. Pretty sure he said it came with a 3 litre Volvo lump rather than  the Essex V6 lump from Ford.

Looked great but Nick will probably think it's a bag of shit. :D ;D

Must have been an early one to have a Volvo. Really early Marcos had plywood chassis, which was an interesting idea. I like them, but the front end styling isn't quite right; the nose is too long and high, with a bodyline that dips as it runs backwards. Still better resolved than an E-type though.

From memory I think it was a 1969 car on a 'G' plate.

A real 'bird puller'..... :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 27 January 2021, 13:11:03 »

Back in the day I new a lad who owned a Marcos. Pretty sure he said it came with a 3 litre Volvo lump rather than  the Essex V6 lump from Ford.

Looked great but Nick will probably think it's a bag of shit. :D ;D

Must have been an early one to have a Volvo. Really early Marcos had plywood chassis, which was an interesting idea. I like them, but the front end styling isn't quite right; the nose is too long and high, with a bodyline that dips as it runs backwards. Still better resolved than an E-type though.

So you don't think the E-Type or Marcos are design icons. Give me an example of a car Mr W would consider attractive.

Austin Metro?.... ::) ::) ::) ;)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 27 January 2021, 14:05:12 »

So you don't think the E-Type or Marcos are design icons. Give me an example of a car Mr W would consider attractive.

Austin Metro?.... ::) ::) ::) ;)

I've no doubt the E-type is a design icon. I just find it ugly, especially in convertible form. I think the XJS is much better looking, although that would have been better with the rear axle line moved further back. Jaguar were toning down their trademark flashiness by then, and the cars are better for it - the series 1 XJ6 in a subdued colour is a car I could look at for hours.

I like the Marcos a lot but, as I said, think the nose isn't quite right.

I'm quite happy to criticise styling, but you should consider that I can't draw. At all! Any car I sketch ends up looking like a cartoon of a Lego Transit, an would be best stuck on a fridge with magnets ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 27 January 2021, 15:14:28 »

The E-Type is good but not flawless. It looks best in side profile, but the screen is too upright.

Viewed from the front the track is way too narrow. I would say this is where the Jaguar design team got it wrong the most.

Beauty is obviously subjective but I think the Alfa 1750 GTV coupe and BMW 3.0CSL get it more right than wrong.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 27 January 2021, 15:43:39 »

The E-Type is good but not flawless. It looks best in side profile, but the screen is too upright.

Viewed from the front the track is way too narrow. I would say this is where the Jaguar design team got it wrong the most.

Lots of sixties cars had narrow tracks, but E-type is probably the worst.

The silencers and exhaust tips are ghastly.

Sills are too far from the ground, and radius under the car too much. Fixing that would have allowed for a deeper door, which would look better and be easier to get in,

front and rear valances match the sills, and angle upwards too steeply.

Bumpers are too high.

Headlight bowls don't match any of the lines of the front of the car.

The coupe has a good silhouette, but the convertible looks like it had the roof hacked off with a straight cut and a windscreen plonked on at random. I think that most cars that were available in both bodystyles look better as a coupe

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 27 January 2021, 18:45:38 »

Fookin ell, Nick. :D

Sir William will be turning in his grave.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 27 January 2021, 23:14:11 »

Fookin ell, Nick. :D

Sir William will be turning in his grave.

I think he wore out his bearings when they launched the S type and the diseasel, front wheel drive Mondaguar. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 27 January 2021, 23:57:15 »

;D ;D :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 29 January 2021, 20:39:52 »

Back to the subject:

on the left, the guilty culprit: a crusty calliper with damaged bleed threads and seat, plus piston and seals of dubious durability
on the right: £66 worth of brand new calliper. Note it comes with a cap for the nipple.

20 minutes later it was on the car, bled and handbrake working.  I then finally found my trimtape to stick the on the new front number and ran the car around the block. All is good, although it will need a few more miles to for the pads to relearn how to sweep the whole disc surface :y
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.