Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1999 3.0 V6 estate Elite Auto Z359 for sale  (Read 1692 times)

Sixstring

• Omega Baron
  • Lydney, Gloucestershire
  • Its just GOTTA be a big V6. Mmm....NOS........
    • View Profile
1999 3.0 V6 estate Elite Auto Z359 for sale
« on: 28 August 2012, 10:04:45 »

Been away from here for a long time due to relationship breakup and having to live away from the mutual home without internet access, and the ability to go there to work on the car.
Unfortunately have to sell to meet legal costs of breakup my lovely Omega estate Elite. Apologies to mods who may think this is just an excuse to sell my motor after a long time, I assure you it isnt, and will be buying another miggy as soon as I'm straight monitarially.
Before all this happened, I rebuilt my engine, changed the drop links and wishbones, did the cambelt and tensioners, changed both headgaskets, replaced all belts, and changed auto gearbox oil too. My intention was to totally revamp the car, and keep it for the foreseeable future. Longstanding members may remember this car, it was bloody lovely condition, cream leather upholstery,unmarked, carin satnav, every extra possible, and apart from a few marks on the bodywork, top notch.
NOW, it is still immaculate inside, and mechanically 100%+, but the bottoms of the back doors are starting to rust (a common place), underneath is great as undersealed from new. Have just MOT'd it, and put 4x new tyres on it to pass mot too!, and drives superbly.
No tax as sorned, but to date all it has as a problem is an air block on the heater matrix, which if I have time will flush and rectify. Was fine before stored, probably a bit of disuse?? starts and runs quiet and as new.
When the engine was done, it was flushed, sump removed, bores measured and checked, new crank bearings just because I had some.......all valvegear checked and refitted, waterpump, oil pump, cambelt, tensioners, obviously all new gasket set and rocker gaskets done with black sealant, pipes and hoses and reconditioned radiator fitted also. Car has done 168k, but you would'nt know it, and will easily do 168k more now!! Apart from the doors, needs NOTHING to do for years now.
Have to take off private plate and put "T" reg plate back on.   Would like £750 for it, but will take a really sensible offer from an informed individual who knows these cars.

Thankyou for your indulgence.

Mike.
Self confessed Electro-Mechanical nut, Guitarist/Singer and Motorcyclist. Drives an estate due to all the equipment he has to carry,Electrickery fiddler who loves Automatics and BIG Vee engines.

Brikhead

• Omega Knight
  • West-Mids.
  • Sleeping. Do not disturb.
    • 2003 chitroen Saxo
    • View Profile
Re: 1999 3.0 V6 estate Elite Auto Z359 for sale
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2012, 10:15:52 »

Hiya Mike.
Sorry to hear about your problems.
Why not post a few pictures up of the car (although to be honest I doubt it will sell unless you accept closer to £400).
I still have that L.P.G. kit you paid a deposit for, I've been trying to find a suitable Omega to fit it into...

All the best,
Rich.

Sixstring

• Omega Baron
  • Lydney, Gloucestershire
  • Its just GOTTA be a big V6. Mmm....NOS........
    • View Profile
Re: 1999 3.0 V6 estate Elite Auto Z359 for sale
« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2012, 11:48:51 »

Hello Rich!   four tyres, recon rad, cambelt kit and service/recon bits cost me more than £400!!  seriously, did say I would consider serious offer from someone who knows these cars, too good to break, and with fantastic engine/autobox and immaculate interior just couldnt do it, besides, it FLEW through the mot......

Couldnt get back to you through OOF, reckoned you just made £50 for the inconvenience and trouble. Somebody who needs an engine could buy this, strip it, and make some money, or somebody else could have a brill car. Wish I could keep it, but solicitors dont wait long for their money, and I've already sold my caravan and loads of other stuff too...
Self confessed Electro-Mechanical nut, Guitarist/Singer and Motorcyclist. Drives an estate due to all the equipment he has to carry,Electrickery fiddler who loves Automatics and BIG Vee engines.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.