Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Sweden have it right.  (Read 12795 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Does Sweden have it right.
« Reply #60 on: 22 April 2020, 20:03:03 »

You need to survive first
UK total cases =133,495 resulted in 18100 deaths
that's over 13.5%
and the figures are under reported  ::)
worldwide just under 7% cases result in death

You can trust us Brits to exceed the norm  ;D nearly doubling worldwide mortality  :o
perhaps a little early to return to normal then  :-X

All uk testing is focussed on hospitals. So they are only testing people who are already very sick. It's impossible to a) work out an accurate mortality rate, b) compare one country with another.

STEMO

« Reply #61 on: 22 April 2020, 20:17:43 »

You need to survive first
UK total cases =133,495 resulted in 18100 deaths
that's over 13.5%
and the figures are under reported  ::)
worldwide just under 7% cases result in death

You can trust us Brits to exceed the norm  ;D nearly doubling worldwide mortality  :o
perhaps a little early to return to normal then  :-X

All uk testing is focussed on hospitals. So they are only testing people who are already very sick. It's impossible to a) work out an accurate mortality rate, b) compare one country with another.
Correct, but don't spoil Dave's doom and gloom. He's booked a pitch at Hyde Park Corner.  ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 22 April 2020, 20:18:49 »

OK, that's inspiring ,so we don't have a clue then  ::)
other figures released suggest 40000 + covid deaths in the UK 

I see the UK figures "total recovered" is still showing "N/A" and now Netherlands are doing the same
reading between the lines ,that says to me you don't recover, your in remission  :-\

STEMO

« Reply #63 on: 22 April 2020, 20:21:47 »

OK, that's inspiring ,so we don't have a clue then  ::)
other figures released suggest 40000 + covid deaths in the UK 

I see the UK figures "total recovered" is still showing "N/A" and now Netherlands are doing the same
reading between the lines ,that says to me you don't recover, your in remission  :-\
We're doomed, I tell you........doomed  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 22 April 2020, 20:23:20 »

There have been reports from South Korea of people getting it a second time, after recovering and testing negative from their first skirmish.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 22 April 2020, 20:23:46 »

..... don't spoil Dave's doom and gloom. He's booked a pitch at Hyde Park Corner.  ;D
Na way too expensive  :o
which bin do you put my rotting dead corpse in
assuming someone's still alive to collect the bins  :)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 22 April 2020, 20:28:01 »

There have been reports from South Korea of people getting it a second time, after recovering and testing negative from their first skirmish.  :-\
indeed  :)
and now Covid 19 is so well spread throughout the world  ,there should be plenty of mutations ,even if we do get a vaccination for the current strain  :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 22 April 2020, 20:33:35 »

indeed  :)
and now Covid 19 is so well spread throughout the world  ,there should be plenty of mutations ,even if we do get a vaccination for the current strain  :y

Yes, and that is why our Government is being so cautious about any talk of a release on lock down.  No one actually knows what this virus will do next, or how the hell it can be treated.  It seems a vaccine that can be used in quantity is still 12 months away :(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 22 April 2020, 20:41:34 »

They keep trying to reinforce that point with the graphs.

A good point was made on Dave Ramsey's show yesterday... A caller asked if the (US) government, both Federal and State, was correct in their apparently random approach.

Three points came up...

1. People are equally resilient and rebellious. We can find a way through pretty much anything, but it's easy to distrust legitimate leadership when it's buried behind lots of wrong turns caused by misguided information and media hysteria.

2. Lots of bad/poor data, both regarding economic impact and virus. Without consistent, accurate information, the modelling simply cannot work. Net result is that each government is striving to the best they can at any given moment. In the case of the UK, I think the approach is actually pretty consistent compared to some places.

3. Some people are more scared of the financial implications than the virus. Some people are more scared of the virus than of the economical implications. At the moment, the cure is doing more harm than the virus itself.

If staying at home is what we need to do for the next few weeks or so, then that's fine by me. The economic impact can wait. Yes it will be difficult for any company regardless of size, especially if they are heavily leveraged, but it isn't anything close to the end of the economy. Without looking, Proctor and Gamble etc have probably made three or four times what the oil companies have lost.
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 22 April 2020, 21:01:33 »

I think we should adapt the UK temporarily until we have it under control
not wait a few weeks then start letting the inmates out at a rate the hospitals can just about cope with
(which i think the government may do  :-X )

OK, we can't carry on in complete lockdown for years
sort out more work from home infrastructure
shelter the vulnerable indefinitely, pay people who have lost jobs to train to be carers /helpers
let UK companies make PPE and other items we need rather than import
continue with social distancing but make everyone wear masks
plenty of jobs in delivery and home shopping etc
nanny state ,because we can't behave
though I still maintain we would be in a much better place if we had locked down/quarantined  all cases and people entering the uk back in the beginning of march instead of "just carry on going to work etc ,we'll all get herd immunity"  >:(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 22 April 2020, 21:11:45 »

Millions of items are being made in the UK, often for free*, but the NHS seems to be consuming items at a ridiculous rate.

Once upon a time everything was washed and reused. Nowadays it must be being treated as single use... After all, there can't suddenly be millions of care staff requiring items they should be using anyways... :-\ thinking gloves and scrubs rather than masks, but even so.

*I appreciate the sentiment, but don't miss the opportunity to generate an income from a new business opportunity.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 22 April 2020, 21:22:11 »

Millions of items are being made in the UK, often for free*, but the NHS seems to be consuming items at a ridiculous rate.

Once upon a time everything was washed and reused. Nowadays it must be being treated as single use... After all, there can't suddenly be millions of care staff requiring items they should be using anyways... :-\ thinking gloves and scrubs rather than masks, but even so.

*I appreciate the sentiment, but don't miss the opportunity to generate an income from a new business opportunity.
absolutely , i wash my work clothes
it's not even recycling ,single use clothes is bonkers
and yes, the free PPE people are making is not sustainable , but the government could pay ,keeping the money in the UK economy

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 22 April 2020, 21:25:43 »

absolutely , i wash my work clothes
it's not even recycling ,single use clothes is bonkers
and yes, the free PPE people are making is not sustainable , but the government could pay ,keeping the money in the UK economy
They sort of are with the furlough payments etc, but the US seems to be much better at a fluid entrepreneurialist economy.  :-\

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 22 April 2020, 21:27:58 »

Once upon a time everything was washed and reused.

Imagine the mountain ranges of single use plastic getting thrown out by the NHS every day.  The greenies are quiet about that though, as thou shalt not criticise the NHS!  ::)

Reusable kit has to be the way forward, and if they had been using reusable PPE they would not be in this mess now.  ::)

though I still maintain we would be in a much better place if we had locked down/quarantined  all cases and people entering the uk back in the beginning of march instead of "just carry on going to work etc ,we'll all get herd immunity"  >:(

The purpose of the lockdown isn't to stop people getting it, it's to buy time to prepare the NHS for the inevitable onslaught once restrictions are lifted.  Herd immunity in the absence of a vaccine is the only answer, unpalatable as it seems to many.   ;)

Sweden actually seems to be doing OK, and don't seem to be doing much worse or better than other countries.  I read today that Swedish scientists reckon that they have achieved 60% herd immunity in Stockholm and that's without any kind of draconian measures adopted by many countries around the world that are destroying livelyhoods.   :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 22 April 2020, 21:34:15 »

...... US seems to be much better at a fluid entrepreneurialist economy.  :-\
the US population will be thinned quite a bit if they end lockdown at the start of may :(
seems many can't see the bigger picture
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 17 queries.