Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum  (Read 157465 times)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Owners Forum
« Reply #450 on: 26 May 2012, 20:09:43 »

I do intend to go back to my older self who used to laugh and joke on here  :y

I'll look forward to that babe. :-* :-* :-*

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #451 on: 26 May 2012, 21:42:53 »

Well, I have'nt spent as mush time on the Forum as I used to in the past 2 years but that is mainly down to othe commitments eg Uni, work etc.. This issue of the future of the Forum was an item for discussion and debate at last yrs Lakes meet, comments and opinions raised then by some are being re-iterated. The Forum is an excellent Forum only one I have been party to :y, not really able to comment too much on how it has been as I have'nt been on much. I am aware of the Ljay/LK debacle, which is really unfortunate and a shame, and to be perfectly honest should never have happened and this will leave a rift now, which I think will not go away.

This is the last time I am mentioning this "debacle"

For me Mike this is true.
I thought after having some time away from the Forum I may chill out about the whole thing, but I have not. I am still as angry about the whole performance as I was when I actually deleted myself from the Forum after over 5 years of being a member. I also decided to ask to be removed from being a Moderator, which has been done.
I have spent hours doing certain things for the Forum, using my own money and time especially organising the Meets. Which I won't be doing again, although this years have already been sorted. As I do not think I will be comfortable attending the Meets, I will not be attending them in the future either, to stop any trouble or uncomfort for myself or anyone else. Ashame but one of those things.
Personally I think the wrong people were banned when this "Debacle" was happening. Ljay one, Myself the other. Jimbob has not once as I have seen stood up and openly accounted for his actions, therefor he should have been the one banned IMHO and yet every picture tells a story.
Maybe this "Debacle" could be used as a learning curve for the future of the Forum? No matter who you are or who your wife/husband is, you should get the same treatment....
I do intend to go back to my older self who used to laugh and joke on here  :y

Good to hear that Daz - go for it mate :y
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 26 May 2012, 21:47:28 »

Bloody 'ell Daz, does that mean I wont ever meet you in person unless I come over to .....'The Dark Side' :o ;D ;)
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 26 May 2012, 21:55:40 »

Bloody 'ell Daz, does that mean I wont ever meet you in person unless I come over to .....'The Dark Side' :o ;D ;)

Phyliss, why would I again want to meet an ugly tinker like you? ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 26 May 2012, 22:10:57 »

Wadaya mean 'Again'! ya oily rag ya! ;D

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 26 May 2012, 22:15:32 »

Wadaya mean 'Again'! ya oily rag ya! ;D

Oh here we go Denial now.... ???

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 26 May 2012, 22:27:10 »

I've never been to Egypt either ya sump plug! ;D ;)

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 27 May 2012, 04:48:59 »

I've never been to Egypt either ya sump plug! ;D ;)

;D ;D ;D very good phil
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

trainmanone

• stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 27 May 2012, 09:51:52 »

dlk 5 years on here arranged all the lakes and newent meets , now not going to be coming to any more???????
maybe im out of order saying this .......well if i am........ TOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well in my oppion he should come as the OOF MASIVE want you there,

I know its daz`s right to choose weather to go or not but think if well all showed he was wanted there he might change his mind,
show your support  :y :y :y

pete
« Last Edit: 27 May 2012, 10:03:04 by trainmanone »
what was that ??????

feeutfo

« Reply #459 on: 27 May 2012, 10:21:56 »

dlk 5 years on here arranged all the lakes and newent meets , now not going to be coming to any more???????
maybe im out of order saying this .......well if i am........ TOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well in my oppion he should come as the OOF MASIVE want you there,

I know its daz`s right to choose weather to go or not but think if well all showed he was wanted there he might change his mind,
show your support  :y :y :y

pete
Too right. :y

But if you met him, maybe you have I don't know, you'd know how ugly he is. And therefor big enough AND ugly enough to make his own decissions.

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 27 May 2012, 10:25:31 »

Pete.
I am grateful of your above post. But I aren't going as I don't want to see certain people that is the bottom line.

trainmanone

• stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 27 May 2012, 10:32:19 »

ok point made and understood, its a shame though mind you its like the rest of this pc country  the minority rule the majority,

here endeth the lesson for today 
what was that ??????

mikesomega

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 27 May 2012, 11:27:57 »

I find it odd that everyone is speaking what they think but the admins. I thought this post was supposed to be dialogue but seems they people running the site dont care  >:(.

Are the admins too busy infighting themselves to care what is happening to the OOF  >:( ?

As looknee says above about when he was darth looknee he was banned for no real reason and then kicked off as an admin which seems to have left a bitter taste in everyones mouth. Why wasnt we told the real reason, as he wouldnt have been banned for typing terribly sorry old boy, I am a little tired. If we are expected to say wot we think is wrong with the OOF then the admins should have the decency to at least join in  >:(. Will we get a reply from the boy or his gang? Doubt it  >:(

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 27 May 2012, 11:49:59 »

I find it odd that everyone is speaking what they think but the admins. I thought this post was supposed to be dialogue but seems they people running the site dont care  >:(.

Are the admins too busy infighting themselves to care what is happening to the OOF  >:( ?

As looknee says above about when he was darth looknee he was banned for no real reason and then kicked off as an admin which seems to have left a bitter taste in everyones mouth. Why wasnt we told the real reason, as he wouldnt have been banned for typing terribly sorry old boy, I am a little tired. If we are expected to say wot we think is wrong with the OOF then the admins should have the decency to at least join in  >:(. Will we get a reply from the boy or his gang? Doubt it  >:(

I think you should go back through the thread Mike, they've commented earlier ;) This was more to get our opinions anyway AFAICT :-\ And if you read his posts, he asked not to be a moderator any more ;)

It's a huge shame that DLK has decided the actions he has and I will be very sad not to see him at the meets. He's one of the people I've met through OOF over the last 4 years or so that I class as a friend (instead of an acquaintance) but I respect his decision ;) I know that he and I will still meet up whenever our paths cross and it can be arranged and I'm sure I'll hear his voice over the phone reasonably frequently ;)

Unfortunately the whole sorry incident is going to be hanging over this forum for a while. This is a big shame because (however you feel about the situation) there was no real "good" outcome when there was such ill feeling :'( I know Jimbob made a decision based on what he perceived to be the right course of action. Perhaps it was, perhaps it wasn't. But it has highlighted that having your partner as a member when you are moderating is an awkward and uncomfortable position to find yourself in ;) That situation has now been resolved with the unfortunate loss of a member :'( Ljay and I may not have always seen eye to eye but it's still sad to lose a member ;) Personally I didn't see anything wrong with the comment that sparked it all  ??? After all, Ljay has posted similar many times in the past ;) But it sparked a dreadful sequence of events that has ended as it has. Perhaps the whole thing could have been handled differently but this is the real world and we need to move forwards... The past cannot be changed ;)

At the risk of repeating myself, I do find that the membership base has changed dramatically and that there are more and more posts that I open and then ignore or just ignore it in full ;) That's just like real life though... There are always people/conversations that don't interest you ;) I hope that it's just the seasonal lull, but I have noticed it's been getting quieter and more "aggressive" lately >:(

We should all have a big kiss and cuddle and move on ;) ;D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 27 May 2012, 11:52:31 »

Pete.
I am grateful of your above post. But I aren't going as I don't want to see certain people that is the bottom line.

thats handy wifeys not gonna be impressed with you doggy gonna be pissed too he was looking forward to bob the sausage sausage :o

it is at the end of the day your dissison a sad one foreveryone that  was looking forward to seeing you as ugly as you are including me as you make me look good 8) but seriously i hope you have a rethink your gonna miss out on seeing a lot of people that want to be in your company.

gonna tell you a story and it was me that lost out. My own brother nearly bankrupted me 2 years ago now a work /jop he wanted then did not have money etc anyway shoulda got a little slap for it(lot more to it) but gave up my title when i met wifey so i spent 2 years missing all the family events etc. went to our first family event last week sister renewed her vows so could not miss that. we shoock hands and that was it no words i have nothing to say and he only talks behind my back so there it is missed out on all the kids growing up felt like i had not seen them for years and years. felt like a fool ok so my brother and I still dont talk and maybe never will too much history but life is certainley too short to miss seeing family friends etc when an oppertunity presents itself no matter who will be there.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.