Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hella vs DEPO lights - findings  (Read 973 times)

Omegadoha, Desert Member

• Omega Knight
  • Doha, Qatar
    • View Profile
Hella vs DEPO lights - findings
« on: 15 August 2009, 16:33:49 »

Finished installing the DEPO headlights and I would say if can afford Hella, stick with Hella.

Whilst DEPO do appear to be made of inferior plastic and rubber to Hella, here are some other points.

1. There is no hole to receive the plastic strip which fits under the light.

2. You may find you have to adapt the bulb holder for the xenon lamp. I had to adjust the metal so that the bulb would sit flush.

3. The anti dazzle lever is actually inside where the xenon bulb goes. So if you are travelling abroad you will have to cover off the xenon bulb first.

4. The xenon bulb plastic cover may not sit properly, I had to file the inside of the housing, its close but not quite flush.

5. One of the ballast will not sit flush under the light housing. DEPO have skimped on plastic extrusions.

6. I had to make my own incisions into the plastic casing to receive the ballast.

7. When fitting the lights you might find that the holes do not align properly. You may have to push and pull a bit to get a fit.

Lastly I didn't have too much difficulty getting the hidden bolt in and out. I used a screwdriver rather than the ratchet as shown in the guide. That makes it easier guiding in and out. When putting the hidden screw back in, I wrapped sellotape around the ratchet nut and washer (not the screw) this way the whole thing goes in, and the sellotape will come of.

Hope this is of use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.