Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: In Car PC - Omega.com  (Read 4488 times)

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
Re: In Car PC - Omega.com
« Reply #15 on: 11 June 2010, 21:43:48 »

Here we go:

Its still miles away from been finished, but at least its usable now! - That said I really need to sort out the power switch (have to touch the wires together which are sticking out the bottom left of the screen/dash area!) as its been like that for 6 months now!  :-X ;D
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

Steve 1564

• North Somerset
  • IRRITANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 June 2010, 09:53:47 »

Cool.... Excatly what i want to do...

"Its still miles away from been finished, but at least its usable now! - That said I really need to sort out the power switch (have to touch the wires together which are sticking out the bottom left of the screen/dash area!) as its been like that for 6 months now! "

LOL have the same issue with my kitchen..... bathroom.... car.... Hi Fi..... PC.... Garage.... garden.... shed.....

Ian :
Was it much of a pain moving the switches ect & do you still have the CID display ?
touch screen i guess ?

.. what front end is that ? - I was using centrafuse in my van PC. the nav engine was fairly good and the phone function was fantastic...
I do have the latest version but there is a bug with the UK postcode search (to be fixed on the next release)

Nice job - comming along - keep us posted
"Have you had the back off it yet ?"

Martin_1962

« Reply #17 on: 13 June 2010, 09:32:17 »

Here we go:

Its still miles away from been finished, but at least its usable now! - That said I really need to sort out the power switch (have to touch the wires together which are sticking out the bottom left of the screen/dash area!) as its been like that for 6 months now!  :-X ;D

The Tellytubbies are missing!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 June 2010, 11:33:57 »

LOL have the same issue with my kitchen..... bathroom.... car.... Hi Fi..... PC.... Garage.... garden.... shed.....

Amen to that.

.. but I am wondering if this is a project for the spare Mini-itx motherboard I've got kicking about.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

RichB

• Loughborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15 June 2010, 21:01:35 »

I used a 7inch fold out touchscreen in the dash on mine, the audio ran through my 3ch amp which ran components and a sub.  Worked quite well but there is bugger all room behind the stereo for much wiring so this was the best approach for me.  I always have ran roadrunner with Map Monkey for the nav, missing it now though as I have not bothered putting it into my new car, Volvo S60.

aaronjb

« Reply #20 on: 18 June 2010, 10:57:37 »

Just seen the first pictures of an iPad being dash fitted !!

If I can find the link again, I`ll post it up

:o

Found it

http://www.iphonefreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/ipad_in_car_01.jpg

As a slave to Steve Jobs, I heartily approve!

Not sure I'd buy a £700 device and glue it to my car, though  :o (Says the man who just bought a new MBP, Mac Mini and iPhone 4.. er..)

Ok, maybe if either car had enough dash space to do it, I would  :D

Steve 1564

• North Somerset
  • IRRITANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 June 2010, 16:15:00 »

Centrafuse seems to be the best front end :

<Post modified by Kevin Wood. No discussion of acquiring or distributing copyrighted material.  :y>
« Last Edit: 21 June 2010, 23:41:03 by Kevin_Wood »
"Have you had the back off it yet ?"

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02 July 2010, 11:20:11 »

Steve: The switches etc are in the same place. I will get together some more pics of it and maybe create a carpc page!

Not sure on the tellytubbies bliss TBH!  ;D

Just managed to sort out a big issue I’ve been having with the touchscreen - it randomly stops working (sometimes its fine for a few hours, other times it lasts 5 mins), It was due to a voltage drop over the long USB cable from the boot to the front foot well.

Managed to fit a Powered usb 2.0 hub at the front of the car, which is powered by a modified Nokia Cig Charger!

Can’t remember the IC number now, but basically I cracked open the charger, changed a few resistors to change the regulated output from 7-8v or what ever it was to 5v out now, upgraded the filtering capacitors and then hooked that up to the screens 12v supply. So far it seems to work a treat! Screen hasn’t missed a beat since (and I’ts been used a fair amount last few days)
 :y
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.