Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nothing like a Mig  (Read 6834 times)

Richard P

• Wimborne, Dorset
    • Mercedes C350
    • View Profile
Nothing like a Mig
« on: 18 February 2013, 18:32:39 »

Just bought this for the other half to nip down the shops in.

One too many pedals, two too few cylinders, wrong fuel, and wrong wheel drive for my liking, but it will out accelerate the Mig and is damned good fun  :y

Lizzie_Zoom

Re: Nothing like a Mig
« Reply #1 on: 18 February 2013, 18:36:11 »

Yes that is a lovely fun car :y :y

Beautiful colour as well :-* :-* :-* 8)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 February 2013, 21:11:20 »

A few people at work have them, the local remap company has been having lots of cash in hand business lately!  ::)

kevinp58

• Omega Knight
  • kent
    • 2002 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 February 2013, 23:13:14 »

One too many pedals, two too few cylinders, wrong fuel, and wrong wheel drive for my liking, but it will out accelerate the Mig and is damned good fun  :y

Depends on which miggy, I doubt if it will a 3.2.  :-\ they are great cars though I would like to have the V8 one  :y

x25dt

• Omega Knight
  • Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 February 2013, 20:23:34 »

Not a big fan of vag's, but love that red :y

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #5 on: 19 February 2013, 21:20:50 »

Depends on which miggy, I doubt if it will a 3.2.  :-\ they are great cars though I would like to have the V8 one  :y

Doubt it mate - quoted figs

2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI (2.0L Turbo-Diesel)    0-60 mph  7.9 secs     Quarter Mile 16.0 secs    

2003 Vauxhall 3.2 V6 24V Elite 4d Auto        0-60 mph   8.1 secs     Quarter Mile 16.5 secs    

Even my '67 TR4A was timed at 7.8 secs 0-60 mph (tuned engine)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

05omegav6

« Reply #6 on: 19 February 2013, 23:44:45 »

Plod one will wee all over that ;D

ted_one

« Reply #7 on: 20 February 2013, 07:57:08 »

Agree with Al,even if you got away first the 3.0 and the 3.2 will be right up your chuff at a 140 plus,not a place I'd like to be yee hah! ;) :y

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 February 2013, 23:38:43 »

Agree with Al,even if you got away first the 3.0 and the 3.2 will be right up your chuff at a 140 plus,not a place I'd like to be yee hah! ;) :y

Trouble is once the Omega is at 140 it'll need a petrol station break often ::)
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

ted_one

« Reply #9 on: 22 February 2013, 08:24:45 »

Only hit 140+ in the 3.2 once,just to see if it was true, was'nt worrying about fuel consumption when I did it :y could have cracked walnuts between the bum cheeks....never again! :o

05omegav6

« Reply #10 on: 22 February 2013, 09:34:23 »

Only hit 140+ in the 3.2 once,just to see if it was true, was'nt worrying about fuel consumption when I did it :y could have cracked walnuts between the bum cheeks....never again! :o
Squeak said the mouse ;D

150 does focus the concentration somewhat :-X best not tried with the fuel light on though ::)

ted_one

« Reply #11 on: 22 February 2013, 12:19:06 »

Agreed,I'm tempted to give the 3.0 a once only dose of the 'beans' but it still has the tyres on that were on the car when I bought,O.K for knocking around in but will need changing before I start cracking walnuts again.  ::)

adey2

• nuneaton, warwickshire
  • if all else fails hit it with a hammer
    • 2000 3.0 elite estate lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 February 2013, 17:26:27 »

i got 145 out mine between jct 10 and 9 on the m42 one morning at 2.30 and that was on gps, was shocked how it just purred along not even breaking a sweat
v6 locking kit , code reader available, engine hoist and engine stand

also has 2.6 mv6 estate 2001, hilux surf 3.0, vectra 2.0 lpg 2000

ted_one

« Reply #13 on: 22 February 2013, 18:53:45 »

Can still squeeze well over a ton out of my 2.0 with nearly 198000 miles under its belt...now that's dangerous :o ::)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 February 2013, 01:27:58 »

You have not been around long have you..... :) an MX5 will out run a 3.2, but they hate to admit it...... :D :D :D

ted_one

« Reply #15 on: 23 February 2013, 09:40:41 »

Ermm! with a VERY large rocket up its arse,but even then...... ;D

kevinp58

• Omega Knight
  • kent
    • 2002 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 February 2013, 14:31:35 »

yer but a MX5 aint a VW golf  :-\

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 February 2013, 22:12:19 »

'Book' figures are nothing to go by, especially comparing an ancient car to a modern one.  Standards of testing have changed significantly over the years.

I'd put money on a decent 3.0/3.2 Omega pissing all over a 2.0 TDI Golf.

My old boss had a 2.0TDI A3 S-Line, and my 2.0 8v Cavalier would romp it.... to be fair, that Cavalier was rapid.

EDIT: I had a Video of my someones Omega 0-60 in under 7 seconds (standard) and hitting 140mph.  It was on YouTube for a short while.
« Last Edit: 23 February 2013, 22:13:50 by Broomies Mate »
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

05omegav6

« Reply #18 on: 24 February 2013, 09:31:14 »

3.2 is quick enough to keep a Porsche 996 Carrera honest on a damp road ::) although the three genuine aerials probably help ;D

ted_one

« Reply #19 on: 24 February 2013, 11:32:26 »

Got to think this a bit of a wind up Al,got a feeling that they need to take a ride in either a manual or even an auto 3.0/3.2 deffo an attention getter and in all honesty I don't really care about what a 2.0 ltr oiler does because it needs a turbo to achieve it,as the Americans say'there ain't no substitute for cubes' .....and as like yourself I've driven all four derivatives and I'd rather drive and be seen in one of those than some cloned eurobox that the chance of an identical model pulling up behind/along side you at the traffic lights is pretty high.Thought this was a forum about VAUXHALL OMEGAS!!!!not an opportunity to rubbish the car by comparing it with other makes and models :-\ call me a diehard or whatever......don't really care. >:(

ted_one

« Reply #20 on: 24 February 2013, 11:53:23 »

Just read the post about the quarter mile figures,3.2 auto is going to be slower than a manual, you need to do a bit more research...with respect, I was at the 2011 PVS at Santa Pod and a  ex plod 3.0 ltr manual put in two runs at 14 secs, this can be seen on youtube so it's documented.Also those times quoted on here,that's got to be splitting hairs ::)

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 February 2013, 12:08:37 »

I believe the term is 'no replacement for displacement'.  :y
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

kevinp58

• Omega Knight
  • kent
    • 2002 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 February 2013, 13:13:44 »

All I know is I had a little spat with a Ford ST focus   ::) >:( and lets suffice to say the focus didn't come off to well.  :-X

ted_one

« Reply #23 on: 24 February 2013, 14:17:12 »

Depends on who said it and where :-\for me Desoto raceway Sarasota Florida, Big Daddy Don Garlits talking about the Chrysler Hemi engine :y.You might know of him (all drag racers do) but if not you may have seen the Robbie Coltrane series a while back where he travelled  across the U.S and he went to DG's drag racing museum in Florida and they fired up a Hemi to power a nuclear attack air raid siren.Obviously both descriptions apply but as I say it just depends  :-\ :y

kevinp58

• Omega Knight
  • kent
    • 2002 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24 February 2013, 15:41:03 »

Depends on who said it and where :-\for me Desoto raceway Sarasota Florida, Big Daddy Don Garlits talking about the Chrysler Hemi engine :y.You might know of him (all drag racers do) but if not you may have seen the Robbie Coltrane series a while back where he travelled  across the U.S and he went to DG's drag racing museum in Florida and they fired up a Hemi to power a nuclear attack air raid siren.Obviously both descriptions apply but as I say it just depends  :-\ :y
I have been to Ocala and to the museum its a great place, also saw "Big Daddy" race at the Snowbird nationals years ago and saw him last year in Ft Myers he was at a car show  ;D ;D

ted_one

« Reply #25 on: 24 February 2013, 15:49:50 »

Ahh! a like minded race fan,I used to go too the Gatornationals every year.....until I started running a retirement home for shagged out Omegas...they keep nicking all my readies now :'( ;D

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 24 February 2013, 16:27:31 »

Ahh! a like minded race fan,I used to go too the Gatornationals every year.....until I started running a retirement home for shagged out Omegas...they keep nicking all my readies now :'( ;D

ken tell truth that is the wife doing that lol ;D
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

kevinp58

• Omega Knight
  • kent
    • 2002 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 February 2013, 16:38:41 »

Got to think this a bit of a wind up Al,got a feeling that they need to take a ride in either a manual or even an auto 3.0/3.2 deffo an attention getter and in all honesty I don't really care about what a 2.0 ltr oiler does because it needs a turbo to achieve it,as the Americans say'there ain't no substitute for cubes' .....and as like yourself I've driven all four derivatives and I'd rather drive and be seen in one of those than some cloned eurobox that the chance of an identical model pulling up behind/along side you at the traffic lights is pretty high.Thought this was a forum about VAUXHALL OMEGAS!!!!not an opportunity to rubbish the car by comparing it with other makes and models :-\ call me a diehard or whatever......don't really care. >:(
[/quote

Yup take that away and an Ant would do a quicker 0-60  ;D ;D ;D but put one on the Miggy and wouldn't see it for dust even the 2.0 ltr would kick ass as the American's say.  :y ;D :y

ted_one

« Reply #28 on: 24 February 2013, 16:55:28 »

No, it's definately those bloody cars,she only nags me to get a check up from the neck up and get rid of the old boat anchors ::)

fastandy36

• Corby, Northants.
  • First-Time Omega owner.01 Elite Model. What a car
    • omega 2.5 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10 March 2013, 16:15:14 »

I deliver chinese food 1 night a week, and had to get meself a 1.2 punto to do the rounds in. Ya gotta be sensible with the precious fuel nowadays methinks ...?
'Fasty'
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.