Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Kangoo van  (Read 2184 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
Kangoo van
« on: 24 October 2021, 13:15:42 »

my son drove from york to hampshire last week & his van started to make a loud banging noise as he was driving.he had it  looked at whilst down there & it was deemed to be a right drive shaft so he had a new one fitted. he didn,t use his van whilst down in hampshire but on his way up north the banging appeared again. i suggested it could be a wheel bearing. has anybody got any other ideas. its driving ok ( says my son )  he lives about 35mls from me so not able to have a look as yet.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Kangoo van
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2021, 13:35:46 »

Engine mounts?

I had something similar on an old Triumph 1500.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2021, 14:58:29 »

Rear shocks?
Onanists always think outside the box.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2021, 19:30:25 »

Loose or improperly seated wheel?
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 October 2021, 19:36:21 »

Loose or improperly seated wheel?
Quite impressive to get from York to Hants and back without losing the wheel :-\

Even more so if it has then not been fitted correctly following a drive shaft change :-\

Loose undertray might also do it although the symptoms are rather vague so really, we're all just guessing...
Onanists always think outside the box.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 October 2021, 19:48:07 »

Without teaching your Granny to suck eggs.....'a loud banging whilst driving' could be an absolute multitude of things. Without hearing it or driving the vehicle, you ideally a lot more information is needed for anyone to give an indication of what may be the problem. Speed related? type of road surface? cornering?, type of 'banging'? (although descriptions differ greatly with different people), specific area on the car? are surely some of the basics that need answering before anyone can even start to suggest what may be the problem.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 October 2021, 22:20:37 »

Without teaching your Granny to suck eggs.....'a loud banging whilst driving' could be an absolute multitude of things. Without hearing it or driving the vehicle, you ideally a lot more information is needed for anyone to give an indication of what may be the problem. Speed related? type of road surface? cornering?, type of 'banging'? (although descriptions differ greatly with different people), specific area on the car? are surely some of the basics that need answering before anyone can even start to suggest what may be the problem.
agreed totally, i know but what i gather he has no idea in what to look for. if i look at steering. play on wheels , shock absorbers i may be able to point him into the right direction. he did mention the faster he went the banging although still apparent seemed to subside. this renault kangoo will only do 60mph. speed governed i surmise.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 October 2021, 09:29:06 »

Next time it does it get him to check if a wheel is getting hot, a binding brake will heat and warp the disc and cause the banging which will go away once cool.
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 October 2021, 14:40:00 »

From someone who knows. Its a Renault. Therefore, set fire to it.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 October 2021, 19:59:17 »

Wot he said.
Snap off, because its French

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 October 2021, 22:51:16 »

Next time it does it get him to check if a wheel is getting hot, a binding brake will heat and warp the disc and cause the banging which will go away once cool.
took it for a longish drive yesterday. i did not think that it was a bang i thought it was like a very noisy fan. a continuous loud whirring sound. all i could see was the o/s front spring rubber buffer is perished , it instead of being underneath the bottom coil part of it was above the coil that it should be above. no idea how thats happened. nothing at all was hot, wheel bearings seemed ok .no play on either side. anyhow got it into a workshop on friday.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 October 2021, 23:23:30 »

took it for a longish drive yesterday. i did not think that it was a bang i thought it was like a very noisy fan. a continuous loud whirring sound. all i could see was the o/s front spring rubber buffer is perished , it instead of being underneath the bottom coil part of it was above the coil that it should be above. no idea how that's happened. nothing at all was hot, wheel bearings seemed ok .no play on either side. anyhow got it into a workshop on friday.

Broken spring.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 October 2021, 23:48:39 »

took it for a longish drive yesterday. i did not think that it was a bang i thought it was like a very noisy fan. a continuous loud whirring sound. all i could see was the o/s front spring rubber buffer is perished , it instead of being underneath the bottom coil part of it was above the coil that it should be above. no idea how that's happened. nothing at all was hot, wheel bearings seemed ok .no play on either side. anyhow got it into a workshop on friday.

Broken spring.
Can.t be that simple Nick, it's a bloody Renault for gods sake.  ;)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 October 2021, 10:17:13 »

Broken spring.
Can.t be that simple Nick, it's a bloody Renault for gods sake.  ;)

A Renault with an odd noise that suddenly appeared from the suspension? Broken springs would be most of the list of likely causes.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 October 2021, 16:59:20 »

If so I would be asking for the driveshaft replacement cost back.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.