Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: genuinly made me cry  (Read 867 times)

Omega_Dan

genuinly made me cry
« on: 01 March 2012, 10:44:01 »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: genuinly made me cry
« Reply #1 on: 01 March 2012, 10:48:24 »

Yep, a real shame that he couldn't continue :'( Especially after doing so many great things since the incident.
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
  • If there's a 'system' - play it ... !
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 March 2012, 10:49:24 »

An absolute tragedy  :'(
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

Omega_Dan

« Reply #3 on: 01 March 2012, 10:52:13 »

Really put a lump in my throat. I remember the first tv interview he did. Devoted family man he was.

danzigfan

• Omega Knight
  • Jesenice, Slovenia
    • Omega 2.5V6, 3.0V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 March 2012, 10:55:30 »

I can't even emagine standind in his shoes after injury...
It had to be to hard to cope with it. I feel very sorry for him
I would rather push omega than drive renault

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 March 2012, 10:57:59 »

I feel for the fella and his family, I genuinely do.

But the truth is that there are many soldiers in worse situations who dont get the same coverage or attention.  You dont see guys who have lost both legs, their right arm and hearing getting a 6 figure sum for an exclusive interview with a newspaper.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 March 2012, 11:01:29 »

But the truth is that there are many soldiers in worse situations who dont get the same coverage or attention.  You dont see guys who have lost both legs, their right arm and hearing getting a 6 figure sum for an exclusive interview with a newspaper.
That is, of course, the other side of the coin ;)

But, in his defence, our soldiers do their job knowing what they risk. Our police don't expect to get shot in the face because we have such low rates of gun crime ;)

Just playing Devil's Advocate because, as you know, I have a huge amount of respect for our servicemen (and women) and am grateful that they are willing to risk their lives for the country :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

albitz

« Reply #7 on: 01 March 2012, 11:17:58 »

I have the impression that theres an incredible amount of camaradrie with injured soldiers,not sure theres the same level anywhere else,police included.
Really feel sorry for the bloke,and also his family.One minute a copper with a decent life and a nice family.The next,never ending blindness. Dont think I could cope with it either tbh. :(

Omega_Dan

« Reply #8 on: 01 March 2012, 11:32:47 »

A very worthy point :y

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 March 2012, 11:55:09 »

Very true

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 March 2012, 12:25:13 »

i agree. but on the edl army division you get to read what the govt and the media don't give a toss about and it is disgusting how the armed forces are treated when they return injured or made redundant when they would rather award big bonuses to the mod than look after these servicemen. it is tragic what happened to that police officer and should not be allowed to of happened how it has but money is valued more than life and that will never change which is why a killer would get less of a sentence than armed robbers is most cases

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 March 2012, 12:34:56 »

i agree. but on the edl army division you get to read what the govt and the media don't give a toss about and it is disgusting how the armed forces are treated when they return injured or made redundant when they would rather award big bonuses to the mod than look after these servicemen. it is tragic what happened to that police officer and should not be allowed to of happened how it has but money is valued more than life and that will never change which is why a killer would get less of a sentence than armed robbers is most cases

Welcome to the modern world  :(

cleggy

« Reply #12 on: 01 March 2012, 12:53:57 »

I too feel for the chap just doing his job, and some prick ruins his life and that of his family. :( >:( I hope he has found some peace at last. :y
We depend on the emergency services and something like this brings it home as to what they risk.

I also give full respect to  our armed services and the job they do for this country at the whim of politicians. We could and should do more when they suffer physical and mental trauma serving our country. :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.